[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF players age 15 and under.

skylive5

Not sure if the MB is the right place to put this.... but I wanted the most people to see it before it was put in it's correct place if this isn't the place which it could very well be placementwise. (Wow...what a great sentence.)

The granddaughter that lives next door to me has been interested in FF for the last few years. So this year I got her into a Yahoo free FF league to see how she would conduct herself with research, draft prep, and weekly lineups. She has acquitted herself rather well.... leads her league in points scored, has a 10-2 record for best record in the league, and has clinched a PO spot with 2 weeks to go. PO's are weeks 15 and 16. (Both her losses were by 1 point.... so she is getting disappointment down pat. LOL)

So what this post is all about.......

Are there Huddlers out there with 14-15 year olds who are interested in FF and would like to play in a league of their peers and not old time vets? If I can get 9 more owners to join a league with her I will set up an MFL League Site for them. This would be a free league (no reason to start them out hardcore) and I would take care of the MFL fees. In fact I would do all the set up, rules, scoring rules, etc. and all they would have to do is get ready for the draft, draft, and play the game.

Now a word of caution... this is not for the parent... parents should not take part in anything other than guidance. This is a mid-teenager league and they are the owner/manager.

Does she have 9 out there that might be interested in getting into FF?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if the MB is the right place to put this.... but I wanted the most people to see it before it was put in it's correct place if this isn't the place which it could very well be placementwise. (Wow...what a great sentence.)

The granddaughter that lives next door to me has been interested in FF for the last few years. So this year I got her into a Yahoo free FF league to see how she would conduct herself with research, draft prep, and weekly lineups. She has acquitted herself rather well.... leads her league in points scored, has a 10-2 record for best record in the league, and has clinched a PO spot with 2 weeks to go. PO's are weeks 15 and 16. (Both her losses were by 1 point.... so she is getting disappointment down pat. LOL)

So what this post is all about.......

Are there Huddlers out there with 14-15 year olds who are interested in FF and would like to play in a league of their peers and not old time vets? If I can get 9 more owners to join a league with her I will set up an MFL League Site for them. This would be a free league (no reason to start them out hardcore) and I would take care of the MFL fees. In fact I would do all the set up, rules, scoring rules, etc. and all they would have to do is get ready for the draft, draft, and play the game.

Now a word of caution... this is not for the parent... parents should not take part in anything other than guidance. This is a mid-teenager league and they are the owner/manager.

Does she have 9 out there that might be interested in getting into FF?

My son is getting his feet wet for the first time this year in F-OFF and has had a rough go of it. He might be interested ... he's 12 (13 in March).

My son is getting his feet wet for the first time this year in F-OFF and has had a rough go of it. He might be interested ... he's 12 (13 in March).

13 is fine..... maybe he would enjoy a chance to learn the basics in a more relaxed setting.

Did you ever see this site here? When my kids played in it, it didn't cost anything. You tell them you want to play next year and they set you up in a league with a bunch of others.

Prefer to be able to set all the rules myself, especially scoring rules, so that the new players can get a feel for what is what out there in the real FF world. And the money for MFL isn't a biggie. Not only that.... but I would prefer that she get into a league that won't have owners quitting after they lose two games like they do at Yahoo.

There will actually be prizes.... wasn't going to bring that up until after everyone joined.... and at MFL I can ensure that there is no hanky-panky going on as no one will be able to log on as the Commissioner and fool with things. Want them to have an enjoyable experience learning FF and then we can migrate them to the Huddle and BOTH leagues. :D

And no.... you can't play MV. :D

My wife's nephew (he's 12 or 13 I think) showed great interest at Thanksgiving this year. I showed him my league on Fanball and that's all he talked about the rest of the night. I promised him I would get him in a free league on Yahoo next year but this sounds much better Sky. Let me talk to him tonight to make sure he'll commit to it and I'll get back to you. This is a really cool thing for you to do. I hope he's up for it and I'm pretty sure he will be.

Could you please pass along to her league mates one message:

Bwahahahahah! You got beat by a 15 year old girl! :D

Was waiting until the PO's started for her to do that. :D

(She is actually 14... will be 15 in a couple of days.... so that makes it even greater for the smack talk.)

My wife's nephew (he's 12 or 13 I think) showed great interest at Thanksgiving this year. I showed him my league on Fanball and that's all he talked about the rest of the night. I promised him I would get him in a free league on Yahoo next year but this sounds much better Sky. Let me talk to him tonight to make sure he'll commit to it and I'll get back to you. This is a really cool thing for you to do. I hope he's up for it and I'm pretty sure he will be.

That would be great. Got to get them right away when they show interest... :D

My 19 year old boy has been playing for about six years or so and he plays for money so he would be too old and no good for what you would like to do. However, I have a 17 year old girl that started to poke around in some of our fantasy stuff this year and has ask a bunch of times why she can't play. If she is not too old for what you want to do or if you get stuck needing one more you can probably keep her in mind, Sky.

My 19 year old boy has been playing for about six years or so and he plays for money so he would be too old and no good for what you would like to do. However, I have a 17 year old girl that started to poke around in some of our fantasy stuff this year and has ask a bunch of times why she can't play. If she is not too old for what you want to do or if you get stuck needing one more you can probably keep her in mind, Sky.

If she has never played I could do that..... will talk to my granddaughter but I don't see her saying no.

Good show Skip...that would be 3 of 10.

:D

Sky - bravo on getting her involved and the idea of setting up a league of her peers. Its a great way to connect grandparent-grandchild, a great way to nurture her love of football, and actually a great way to develop statistical analysis skills.

My daughters have helped with the Donutrun empire for years. The oldest really embraced it and fellow owners sooon got over the "beat by a 14 year old girl" once they figured out that she legitimately knew as much about (current day) football and more about statistics than they did... Plus, she still throws a better fade to the back corner of the endzone than any quarterback to play for our high school in two decades -- so there's never been any shame in losing to her. :wacko: Now she's tearing her way through a 3-credit Probability/Statistics course as a sophomore Math/Chemistry major -- essentially using her fantasy football skills to rule the planet within the world of academia ... tooo funny.

Mine are toooo old to join -- but good luck with it! :D

I have a 15yr old son that has partnered up with me on a team for 3 yrs now and is in 3-4 free yahoo leagues that he got into on his own. He'll still be 15 at draft time next year.

If there's room, I'm sure he'd love to do it.

Have added him to the list. :D

I have an 11 year old son that would probably be interested.

Now I mean absolutely no offense by this question...... is he 11 going on 15 or is he 11 going on 11? Would not want him to be overwhelmed is what I'm saying.

If you think he would fit the FF mold...then I would be more than happy to place him on the list.