[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax @ Indy

H8tank

Jax @ Indy  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Jax @ Indy

• Jax
    • Indy

I voted for Jax. Indy just isn't playing as a top team at the moment from what I can see. Seem to be in a bit of disarray and can't seem to get that NE game off their back. Jax D could take advantage of that.

I wouldn't say they haven't been playing as a top team. I'd say they haven't been playing as a top Offense for sure, but the DEF has certainly played as well as ever during this tough stretch they've had, even with the loss of Freeney. I don't think the team is in any "disarray" stemming from the NE game. They have always done well with not letting a loss stay with them. They know they can play with NE, and did so with guys injured. The problem has been the injuries...period. They've had over half of their offensive starters out for at least some period of time over the past several weeks. The offense has been sputtering because of starters being injured on the OL, along with Peyton having to play w/out Harrison for the first time in his career. Which is probably a good reason he's not playing very well, on top of not being in sync with the backup guys even when he has time to throw. Wayne has done a nice job of stepping up...but no one else has stepped up as a solid #2 option. The ineffectiveness of a #2 WR diminishes Clark's (who's missed time as well) impact between the 20's IMO. The likes of Craphonso Thorpe and Moorehead just don't strike fear into opposing DEFs. I think overall they have done a great job holding it together, and outside of the SD game (which they almost ridiculously pulled off) have done what great teams do...find a way to win. I don't think anyone looks forward to playing them in the playoffs, even if they have backups and replacements on offense. The sneaky thing about this team is that while the OFF has always gotten the glory and accolades, it's the DEF that has literally carried them to the highest levels of success they've reached. Dungy ball. :D The JAX games are always ugly, and I expect this one to be no different. The Colts will probably not do alot on offense and it will indeed come down to how their DEF plays, keeping JAX out of the endzone.

Edited by Hitman

Not really. I think he actually voted for Jax in the poll. When I clicked on the poll, it had been viewed by only one person (which means him). I voted for Indy and the results showed 1 vote for each.

No matter how bleak the situation may be... and the outlook is a foregone conclusion... one never votes against ones team. So I would expect a vote for Jax as soon as the poll is posted. :D One can be realistic and say that things are dire....but one still does not vote against their team.

I will probably never have a perfect week in pick-em pools because I refuse to not pick WA. Just not possible. I would think that H8 is in the same mind set.

The problem has been the injuries...period.

The excuses are already starting... This is what is great about these pre-madonana's... all the drama. Indy barely beat KC and ATL, two of the worst teams in the league.

Lets see... they pipe in noise, their owner gets rules put in place just for his team, manning is the biggest whiner in all of professional sports. I can't wait to count the times he flails his arms as he perceives someone didn't do what HE wanted. I wonder why indy gets the two longest breaks of the season right before they have to play the Jags each time... :D

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/16/...president-bill/

Hook, you are a coward. You are a bandwagon jumping yellow coward. This game won't even be close. Jags in a rout.

The excuses are already starting... This is what is great about these pre-madonana's... all the drama. Indy barely beat KC and ATL, two of the worst teams in the league.

Hook, you are a coward. You are a bandwagon jumping yellow coward. This game won't even be close. Jags in a rout.

:D

Too bad Cowboys fans aren't like this.

Lets see... they pipe in noise, their owner gets rules put in place just for his team, manning is the biggest whiner in all of professional sports. I can't wait to count the times he flails his arms as he perceives someone didn't do what HE wanted. I wonder why indy gets the two longest breaks of the season right before they have to play the Jags each time... :D

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/16/...president-bill/

I show up after Colts losses.

You ---> :D

Who is the coward?

Indy barely beat KC and ATL, two of the worst teams in the league.

yeah, cause JAX just throttled both those teams.

17-7....save from a long MJD run this one wasn't all convincing

13-7....what do i need to say here..nothing

JAX has only had 2 convincing wins all year. I still say they win this week, but don't act like they aren't playing the wounded defending champs. When's the last time JAX won there own division..........oh there it is WAY down on the franchise list back in 1999.

:D

yeah, cause JAX just throttled both those teams.

Oh, so now Jax is the same league as the greater than all SUPERBOWL CHAMPION COLTS?

Jax is suppsed to struggle against those teams, they are a small market clown of a team no one likes. But the COLTS? Come on, they are the best team in the universe!

Yes hook, a coward. A no betting, bandwagon coward. And a n00b to boot.

Oh, so now Jax is the same league as the greater than all SUPERBOWL CHAMPION COLTS?

Jax is suppsed to struggle against those teams, they are a small market clown of a team no one likes. But the COLTS? Come on, they are the best team in the universe!

:D Small market means jack in professional football, come up with a better argument :D And I'd venture to say that the Jags get A LOT more respect from the media when they are winning vs. my Chiefs.

I show up after Colts losses. You hide after Jags losses. Who is on the bandwagon? Coward.

By the numbers...

AFC South

Colts 9-2.... Division 3-0.... Conference 5-2

Jags 8-3.... Division 2-2.... Conference 6-2

----------------------------------------------------------------

Offense

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jaguars 22.1/13th (in the NFL)

Colts 28.1/4th

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yards

Jaguars 331.1/17th

Colts 371.7/4th

----------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd down %

Jaguars 43%/10th

Colts 48%/5th

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaguars 17.7/7th

Colts 15.6/3rd

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yards

Jaguars 346.2/22nd

Colts 264.8/2nd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interceptions (made)

Jaguars 14/6th

Colts 15/4th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fumbles (recovered)

Jaguars 7/20th

Colts 10/9th

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd down % (Getting off the field)

Jaguars 40%/8th

Colts 44%/27th

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turnover ratio

Jaguars... Plus 8/5th

Colts.... Plus 10/4th

First, even with a Jaguars victory next week the Colts will still be in first place in the division because they will still have a better record in the AFC South. Looking at the schedule the rest of the way, even with a Jaguar victory, winning the division will still be difficult.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Jaguars are noted as a defensive team, but the Colts give up fewer points and yards. The Colts defense also causes more turnovers. Amazingly, the Colts come into this game with the superior defense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensively, the Colts hold a decided edge. They are superior in scoring, yardage, and 3rd down conversions. And these numbers were posted with an offensive team greatly hampered by injuries.

I think the game will be closer than the first. But looking at the numbers, the Colts are the vastly superior team. In fact the Jaguars defensive and offensive yardage rankings are really poor for a good 8-3 team playing in the AFC.

The Colts won easily at Jacksonville, 29-7 several weeks ago. This time the Jaguars will have a healthy QB which will help. But the Colts will be at home following a 10 day layoff. It's hard to see the Jaguars winning next Sunday at Indianapolis.

What do I know? I know that if you put a colt and a jaguar in a room together, eventually the colt is going to be breakfast.

I also agree with this:

Jack Del Rio has said on a couple of occasions this week that this Sunday’s game isn’t about the Colts, it’s about the Jaguars.

I don’t agree. In fact, I think this Sunday’s game is very definitely about the Colts, much more than it is about the Jaguars.

The Jaguars aren’t the defending Super Bowl champions. The Jaguars aren’t trying to squeeze one more year out of their salary cap before it swallows them up. The Jaguars didn’t give a king’s ransom to a pass-rusher who now has a career-threatening foot injury. The Jaguars aren’t favored to win Sunday’s game and they’re not facing the pressure of another lost season at the hands of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

"The Jaguars aren’t the defending Super Bowl champions. The Jaguars aren’t trying to squeeze one more year out of their salary cap before it swallows them up. The Jaguars didn’t give a king’s ransom to a pass-rusher who now has a career-threatening foot injury. The Jaguars aren’t favored to win Sunday’s game and they’re not facing the pressure of another lost season at the hands of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots."

<snicker>