[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This could piss a few people off

BS Miscreant

By Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

If Ohio State fans want to avoid an upset stomach, they might not want to root too hard for Oklahoma to beat No. 2 Kansas or No. 4 Missouri in next week's Big 12 Championship Game in San Antonio. The No. 5 Buckeyes should really save themselves from being embarrassed for the second season in a row.

The Buckeyes' national title hopes seemed lost when they fell to Illinois 28-21 on Nov. 10. Then Oregon, Oklahoma and finally LSU lost while the Buckeyes watched. But Ohio State's chances of winning the BCS title are still fleeting, at best. Even if the Buckeyes use the back door to the Louisiana Superdome by finishing in the top two of the final BCS standings, they don't stand a chance against West Virginia.

After Florida ran up and down the field against a better Ohio State team in a 41-14 win in the 2006 BCS Championship Game, the Mountaineers might actually lap the Buckeyes on the Bayou. The Mountaineers are really that fast.

:D

Ridiculous.

The only way WVU beats The Ohio State University would be because of the ridiculous layoff from the Michigan game to the BCS game, which was bested only by last year's record layoff vs. Florida.

Wow! Now you're making excuses for them. And they haven't even played yet.

If somehow Ohio State does back into the BCS NC game , talk about an important ballgame for both football programs and conferences for that matter. Neither could afford a blowout without losing credibility.

That's a good point. Truth is, I'm not sure OSU could come out of it looking good even if they win... if it's close. I won't feel that way though because win or lose I know WVU is really good. Not sure everyone else will agree.

Nothing would ever make the Ohio State haters go away. People are still crying about the 2002 title, which, if you watch the game, there is nothing to cry about, but I guess that is neither here nor there.

I remember it well. When they're bitchin about the lack of an "interference" call I remind the Hurricane fans around here that if the blown OSU "no catch" call on the sideline had been made OSU would've run out the clock and there wouldn't have ever been a disputed "interference" call. I'm not a fan of either and the Buckeyes won that one fair and square.

I remember it well. When they're bitchin about the lack of an "interference" call I remind the Hurricane fans around here that if the blown OSU "no catch" call on the sideline had been made OSU would've run out the clock and there wouldn't have ever been a disputed "interference" call. I'm not a fan of either and the Buckeyes won that one fair and square.

Are we even going to get into the fact that the matchup with "da EWE!" was supposed to make last year's 41-14 score look like a nailbiter?

By Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

If Ohio State fans want to avoid an upset stomach, they might not want to root too hard for Oklahoma to beat No. 2 Kansas or No. 4 Missouri in next week's Big 12 Championship Game in San Antonio. The No. 5 Buckeyes should really save themselves from being embarrassed for the second season in a row.

The Buckeyes' national title hopes seemed lost when they fell to Illinois 28-21 on Nov. 10. Then Oregon, Oklahoma and finally LSU lost while the Buckeyes watched. But Ohio State's chances of winning the BCS title are still fleeting, at best. Even if the Buckeyes use the back door to the Louisiana Superdome by finishing in the top two of the final BCS standings, they don't stand a chance against West Virginia.

After Florida ran up and down the field against a better Ohio State team in a 41-14 win in the 2006 BCS Championship Game, the Mountaineers might actually lap the Buckeyes on the Bayou. The Mountaineers are really that fast.

:D

maybe and maybe not.

WVU is not as fast as Florida on defense.

Is WVU talented???? No question about it, but I'm not ready to place them at last year's Florida level.

This writer is just making noise at this point and hoping he is right so he can follow up with I told you so article.

OSU will be playing USC anyway and so this is all moot.

Edited by sacosud