[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not so fast Buckeyes

Rockerbraves

You are only kidding yourself if you think the the BCS is all about which teams are more deserving. It's all about which teams best manipulate the BCS system. :D

Hopefully the BCS will prove me wrong on Sunday should the Sooners get the win and LSU wins the SEC.

This is so transparent its sickening. If LSU was still #1, you'd be saying how great the BCS is. C'mon - you know a 2 loss team will not be in it, and until we have a playoff, they shouldn't be. Enjoy the weekend.....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are only kidding yourself if you think the the BCS is all about which teams are more deserving. It's all about which teams best manipulate the BCS system. :D

Hopefully the BCS will prove me wrong on Sunday should the Sooners get the win and LSU wins the SEC.

2 things: How does a team manipulate the system and what would happen if the Sooners and LSU win?

Wow, here I was about to blast rocker for stating the obvious and assuming that nobody else gets it.

Mel Kiper said it just the other morning. If you're a major program in a major conference, you don't schedule anyone good out of conference. Nobody will ever keep an undefeated Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, SEC, or even Big East team out of the NC game. Nor will they keep a one loss team out if everyone else has two. See this year for instance. If, OSU, WVU, or Mizz had another loss because they played another elite team, they'd be out of it.

It's less likely that your SOS will keep you out than an extra loss.

I should add. Rocker, get over it. LSU is simply not good and does not "deserve" to be in it anyway.

Edited by detlef

This is so transparent its sickening. If LSU was still #1, you'd be saying how great the BCS is. C'mon - you know a 2 loss team will not be in it, and until we have a playoff, they shouldn't be. Enjoy the weekend.....

Speaking about manipulating the system. When USC and the Pac 10 fell short a few years back they had enough pull to get the BCS powers to overhaul the entire system. :D

Wow, here I was about to blast rocker for stating the obvious and assuming that nobody else gets it.

Mel Kiper said it just the other morning. If you're a major program in a major conference, you don't schedule anyone good out of conference. Nobody will ever keep an undefeated Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, SEC, or even Big East team out of the NC game. Nor will they keep a one loss team out if everyone else has two. See this year for instance. If, OSU, WVU, or Mizz had another loss because they played another elite team, they'd be out of it.

It's less likely that your SOS will keep you out than an extra loss.

I should add. Rocker, get over it. LSU is simply not good and does not "deserve" to be in it anyway.

I undertstood it, I just wanted to hear rocker explain it. I get entertainment out of his views on things. You have ruined my buzz and now I will have to get one more organically. I say good day to you sir.

It was reported down here on one of our local TV stations that Jerry Palm thinks LSU could jump Ohio State if the Tigers win against Tennessee. Jerry Palm runs "CollegeBCS" and is considered a BCS guru, like Brad Edwards of ESPN. :D

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10447991

Who should be #1 LSU SEC Champs or them Buckeyes Big 10 Champs? :D

Had to be a weird day for you today, right TOS? Your Buckeyes get an invite to New Orleans, but your worse nightmare comes to life. :D

Nope, that would have been OU, USC, or Georgia in that order.

Just my humble view.

I think LSU was the best matchup OSU could have received.

I'm sure we are going to hear a lot about last season and that's good news.

Nope, that would have been OU, USC, or Georgia in that order.

Just my humble view.

I think LSU was the best matchup OSU could have received.

I'm sure we are going to hear a lot about last season and that's good news.

Not very confident are you? Heck LSU is your best matchup and your team is an underdog. :D

Don't sell your team short. They would likely be favored over OU and USC. Do think Georgia would have been about a 2 point favorite.