[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most EXCITING player to watch

J.D.Morrison

All this pregame on NFL N has got me thinking about the most exciting player I really looked forward to watching every week.

Devon Hester?

Barry Sanders?

Fran Tarkenton?

Randall Cunningham?

John Elway?

Lynn Swann?

Bob Hayes?

Marshall Faulk?

Sweetness?

For me....it has to be Deion Sanders....there was no other player in my mind that was "edge of your seat" when he touched the ball...whether it be a kick return, punt return, interceptioni, end-around, or go -route. It was prime time for me. He's not a bad on field personallity either with all the current players he has relationships with.

Speaking of pregame....I'll give NFL N a solid 9 out of 10 for their pregame.....a little slapstick and awkward at times but all in all entertaining. Reminds me of being a kid when ACTUAL former football players called the shots on camera. Now-a-days we get a bunch of "camera performers" and uber-controversial personalities....or a bunch of knucklehead former players (ala Bradshaw and Theismann). NFL Network - Thank you for some refreshing pregame !!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now - this year (and last) - Brian Westbrook

Prior - Marshall Faulk

I'll also put in a word for Brian Mitchell - kick returner for the Redskins for many years (and briefly for the Eagles). I'm a bit of a homie there - but he was a great and exciting player to see (and hear) - and never got the acolades he deserved.

Edited by Winoman

Right now - this year (and last) - Brian Westbrook

Prior - Marshall Faulk

I'll also put in a word for Brian Mitchell - kick returner for the Redskins for many years (and briefly for the Eagles). I'm a bit of a homie there - but he was a great and exciting player to see (and hear) - and never got the acolades he deserved.

You know...I almost mentioned Brian MItchell....and Herschel Walker. But I only remember HW being rediculous when he was in college and with the Cowboys....so the full body of work wasn' there for me. I did read his biography, which I would highly recommend.

Chronologically

Wilbert Montgomery

Walter Payton

Eric Dickerson

Joe Montana

Randall Cunningham

Barry Sanders

Jerry Rice

Randy Moss (in Minny)

Peyton Manning

Tomlinson

Westbrook

Edited by Zooty

I guess too many here haven't actually seen Hester play since being in the NFL. I gotta tell you, being a Bear fan and seeing every game - this guy is the magic. The KRs he doesn't return for TD - many of them end up being damn close. He probably has just as many that are returned within the opponents 35 as he does TDs - he is usually just a cont hair :D away from scoring everytime he returns a kick.

Right now for me its AD. Been to 4 Vikings games (including vs SD) this year and every time he gets the ball the entire crowd seems to rise in anticipation of a huge play.

Loved watching Emmitt. Also Walter Payton (except against the Vikings) Still like to see Favre sling the ball around (again except against the Vikings)

Right now for me its AD. Been to 4 Vikings games (including vs SD) this year and every time he gets the ball the entire crowd seems to rise in anticipation of a huge play.

Loved watching Emmitt. Also Walter Payton (except against the Vikings) Still like to see Favre sling the ball around (again except against the Vikings)

Just like when Moss did but more. I was at a game when Moss took a reverse and everybody got excited for the 10 yard run.

AD would by my favorite now, too. I loved to watch Chuck Foreman run but AD is definetly going to have him beat on the meter.

Jarvis Redwine, Marty McDole and DJ Dozier have to be right up there someplace. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

qb- montana, cunningham, young, p manning, elway, moon

rb- faulk, payton, ft (think back to his first years), sanders

wr- rice, moss, carter, sharpe, swann, TO, the charger wr's from the 80's

Yeah, for some reason Cunningham seems like a joke now, but man was he an exciting player in his prime. It was awsome to see him play almost every week.