[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Single serve coffee makers

Atlanta Cracker

For the past 6 months or so I have been using a Senseo single cup coffee maker at home and in my office and absolutely LOVE it. There's no messy filter cleanup or leftover burnt coffe and there are tons of flavors that are very good that you can get at coffeeforless.com or even at supermarkets.

Just curious if anyone has tried out the other brands of single serve coffee makers?

I have used several. I have the Senseo at home, as well as a Nespresso Le Cube which is a pod based espresso machine. We have Keurig machine at work, and my parents and brother both have home style keurig machines at home.

My favorite machine is the Nespresso, but it is also the most expensive to operate. The senseo is second, the Keurig at work third, and the home keurig is a distant 4th.

I have used several. I have the Senseo at home, as well as a Nespresso Le Cube which is a pod based espresso machine. We have Keurig machine at work, and my parents and brother both have home style keurig machines at home.

My favorite machine is the Nespresso, but it is also the most expensive to operate. The senseo is second, the Keurig at work third, and the home keurig is a distant 4th.

Girl I work with has a Nespresso and it seems cool but expensive. We used to have the industrial type Keurigs at work and I thought they were cool. Ultimately they got repalced by giant pot brewers where nobody seems to know how to make a decent pot. That's when I started looking for something else.

As for the pods, I don't really know about the Senseo ones price wise but the only place I find Green Mountain or Wolfgang Puck is on the website and I usually get some discount and free shipping for buying in bulk every couple of months.

Girl I work with has a Nespresso and it seems cool but expensive. We used to have the industrial type Keurigs at work and I thought they were cool. Ultimately they got repalced by giant pot brewers where nobody seems to know how to make a decent pot. That's when I started looking for something else.

As for the pods, I don't really know about the Senseo ones price wise but the only place I find Green Mountain or Wolfgang Puck is on the website and I usually get some discount and free shipping for buying in bulk every couple of months.

Any opinions on what manufacturer is the best for pods? I have a senseo but not much of a selection here locally.

Anyone? Bueller?

Any opinions on what manufacturer is the best for pods? I have a senseo but not much of a selection here locally.

Anyone? Bueller?

A Super Automatic uses loose beans and grind the bean after the button is pressed to make the cup. A pod machine takes some kind of capsule and the water is run through the capsule to make the coffee.

Ahhh. She has these little disk thingies that she puts in, it makes a cup, and she tosses them. She has them in various makes, models, flavors, types, etc. So I guess it's a pod.

Here: http://www.tassimo.com/tassimo/country_selector.html

and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tassimo

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Ahhh. She has these little disk thingies that she puts in, it makes a cup, and she tosses them. She has them in various makes, models, flavors, types, etc. So I guess it's a pod.

Here: http://www.tassimo.com/tassimo/country_selector.html

and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tassimo

So that's similar to the Nespresso machine I have, except that the Nespresso machine makes espresso and lungo. Similar capsules, though.

I looked at the single serve pods when they first came out, but prefer fresh ground.

I was able to limit my wife's Charbucks spending with this:

Gaggia

I know it's pricey, but it's cheaper than a $3-5 Latte at Starbucks!!! 4-5 shots of Espresso and I am out the door.