[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles to Michigan?

Rockerbraves

Lets see, Les Miles takes over a team that is a SEC Contender, Ferentz takes over the worst team in the Big Ten. Iowa has struggled the last 3 years, but Miles has put together 3 good seasons playing with house money. Ferentz built 3 similar seasons (and will be identical seasons after Ohio State beats LSU), of 11-2, 10-3, 10-2. Now we'll get to see how Miles does now that he isn't playing with house money. Ferentz blitzes the SEC with this LSU team. No doubt in my mind. So does Stoops, Urban Meyer, Tressell, hell lloyd carr would blitz the SEC with this team. All of that NFL talent? Miles blunders and loses to 2 unranked opponents? Don't even compare the 2, particularly since it's a lot easier to recruit at LSU than it is at Iowa.

Brian, Coach Miles is the winningest LSU football coach in three years here at LSU. In his first season at LSU he coached LSU to the SEC Championship game & a season ending 5th place national ranking despite the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 2nd year at LSU Miles coached LSU to a 3rd national ranking despite having to play 4 of his toughest SEC opponents on the road including a trip to the Swamp to play the eventual National Champions Florida Gators. 3rd season at LSU Miles has coached LSU to a SEC title and now a shot at the BCS NC. There's a trend here involving odd numbers if you haven't notice LSU 5th ranked, 3rd ranked, ???

Also Coach Miles is 2-0 in post season at LSU. In 2005 a Coach Miles coached team destroyed the 10th ranked Miami Hurricanes by a score of 40-3 & last season a Coach Miles led team destroyed yet another 10th ranked Notre Dame team in the BCS Sugar Bowl by a score of 41-14. Here's another trend. Neither Miami nor Notre Dame have recovered from those Coach Miles beatdowns. That's why Ohio State should "Fear the Hat"

Brian, now please tell me again what Kirk Ferentz has done at Iowa that resembles anything close to Miles accomplishments while at LSU? :D

Seriously, I'm not saying Kirk isn't a good coach cause of his less than spectacular 19-18 record the past 3 seasons, in fact he's considered by many to be one of the best that's why the comparison. However for you and Sarge to call Coach Miles a joke of a coach is a joke. Give the man credit.

Sorry but if all you got is what Nick Saban or any other coach could of or would of done at LSU then I'm busy. Have a great day.

:

Seriously, I'm not saying Kirk isn't a good coach cause of his less than spectacular 19-18 record the past 3 seasons, in fact he's considered by many to be one of the best that's why the comparison. However for you and Sarge to call Coach Miles a joke of a coach is a joke. Give the man credit.

Sorry but if all you got is what Nick Saban or any other coach could of or would of done at LSU then I'm busy. Have a great day.

Obviously we have a hopeless cause here. This dude is going to back this idiot to his grave :D

At least the majority of LSU fans have some common sense and welcomed Les moving on to Michigan, some people whoever will alway see gold even when looking in the toilet :D

Brian, Coach Miles is the winningest LSU football coach in three years here at LSU. In his first season at LSU he coached LSU to the SEC Championship game & a season ending 5th place national ranking despite the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 2nd year at LSU Miles coached LSU to a 3rd national ranking despite having to play 4 of his toughest SEC opponents on the road including a trip to the Swamp to play the eventual National Champions Florida Gators. 3rd season at LSU Miles has coached LSU to a SEC title and now a shot at the BCS NC. There's a trend here involving odd numbers if you haven't notice LSU 5th ranked, 3rd ranked, ???

Also Coach Miles is 2-0 in post season at LSU. In 2005 a Coach Miles coached team destroyed the 10th ranked Miami Hurricanes by a score of 40-3 & last season a Coach Miles led team destroyed yet another 10th ranked Notre Dame team in the BCS Sugar Bowl by a score of 41-14. Here's another trend. Neither Miami nor Notre Dame have recovered from those Coach Miles beatdowns. That's why Ohio State should "Fear the Hat"

Brian, now please tell me again what Kirk Ferentz has done at Iowa that resembles anything close to Miles accomplishments while at LSU? :D

Notice how you can't even deny the big elephant in the room which is Les Miles is playing with Nick Sabans players still, in all 3 of those years, while Kirk took the absolute worst team in the Big Ten, and within 3 years won a conference title and a BCS Bowl appearence. Then proceeded to win another conference title 2 years later, and oh btw, has a 2-1 record vs the unstoppable, unbeatable, SEC. Probably woulld have been 3-0 if not for a phantom offsides penalty vs Florida on the onsides kick that they recovered, which you may say is an excuse, but that isn't near as bad as some idiot in a hat coming on an ACTUALLY saying, "our team is undefeated in regulation." So please, talk to me in the next couple years, when Les can REALLY show what a great coach he is, now that he won't be playing with house money anymore. And I'm sorry, but I can't help but go back to the fact that you lost 2 games this year against terriblly average football teams, and you have, as you pointed out yourself, the most talented team in the country. Oh yeah, and I wonder what LSU's record would be, if within 3 games of this season, they were down to their 5th string Wide Receiver, freshman, as their #1 receiver. I wonder if LSU would have even managed to be .500, let alone win your conference, when you were down to your 4th string running back. I would LOVE to see that. Injuries are part of the game, but there aren't a lot of teams that have been nailed as hard as Iowa has been for really, the past 4 years.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Notice how you can't even deny the big elephant in the room which is Les Miles is playing with Nick Sabans players still, in all 3 of those years, while Kirk took the absolute worst team in the Big Ten, and within 3 years won a conference title and a BCS Bowl appearence. Then proceeded to win another conference title 2 years later, and oh btw, has a 2-1 record vs the unstoppable, unbeatable, SEC. Probably woulld have been 3-0 if not for a phantom offsides penalty vs Florida on the onsides kick that they recovered,

Brian, Brian, Brian your Hackeyes should have been 1-2 against the SEC if it weren't for two blatant holding penalties on that busted-play win. :wacko:

Now back to my favorite subject the great Coach Miles. :D

Obviously there is no reasoning with you. Even if LSU went undefeated with Miles as coach, you would say we should have beat them all by more.

Facts are Miles is 33-6 as head coach at LSU. Since his hire LSU has finished #5 & #3 & are SEC Champs and playing for the National Championship in his 3rd year.

No one is denying Little Nicky left LSU in great shape talent wise, but Miles developed that talent including RB Jacob Hester who was only a 2star recruit coming out of HS.

Speaking of recruiting did you know that last year Coach Miles recruiting class according to scout.com was ranked 5th in the nation and 6th the year before that? And most of that talent has been redshirted. So there shouldn't be as big of a drop off in talent as you might expect or should I say hope. The HS talent level in the state is down abit this year which is part of the reason why LSU is currently ranked 13th, but the 2009 Louisiana HS class is loaded, so you can expect to see LSU once again having one of the nation's top recruiting classes.

You might want to keep an eye on a couple of Miles recruits next season. Ryan Perilloux at QB and Chad Jones on defense. Both these guys are sure to be playing on Sundays. FYI: Ryan Perilloux was verbally committed to play for Texas until the Miles hire. :D

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Rockerbraves.

· View this post

· Un ignore Rockerbraves

This is one of the greatest moments I've had on these forums.................Now I don't ever have to read Ugly Tuna's post anylonger

:D:D:wacko:

I hope you guys stop feeding his fishing trips (at least I pray they are, or he has more issues then I'd imagined)

Do your best not to quote this clown, it'll bring back the enjoyment of the forum :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Just signed a five year extension.

Sweet. I dont want this fraud to get the luxury of taking over Carr's recruits, instead forcing this POS to play with his own. Expect 3 loses next yr, though that may be too generous, as its likely he will have 3 this yr, with Sabans kids.

Brian, Brian, Brian your Hackeyes should have been 1-2 against the SEC if it weren't for two blatant holding penalties on that busted-play win. :wacko:

Now back to my favorite subject the great Coach Miles. :D

Obviously there is no reasoning with you. Even if LSU went undefeated with Miles as coach, you would say we should have beat them all by more.

Facts are Miles is 33-6 as head coach at LSU. Since his hire LSU has finished #5 & #3 & are SEC Champs and playing for the National Championship in his 3rd year.

No one is denying Little Nicky left LSU in great shape talent wise, but Miles developed that talent including RB Jacob Hester who was only a 2star recruit coming out of HS.

Speaking of recruiting did you know that last year Coach Miles recruiting class according to scout.com was ranked 5th in the nation and 6th the year before that? And most of that talent has been redshirted. So there shouldn't be as big of a drop off in talent as you might expect or should I say hope. The HS talent level in the state is down abit this year which is part of the reason why LSU is currently ranked 13th, but the 2009 Louisiana HS class is loaded, so you can expect to see LSU once again having one of the nation's top recruiting classes.

You might want to keep an eye on a couple of Miles recruits next season. Ryan Perilloux at QB and Chad Jones on defense. Both these guys are sure to be playing on Sundays. FYI: Ryan Perilloux was verbally committed to play for Texas until the Miles hire. :D

Unlike other people here, it isn't how he coaches, it's how he presents himself. He makes your program look like a joke. You think ANYONE in the media would be saying LSU backed in if your great coach didn't say stupid things like "we are undefeated in regulation?" or "I'm the head coach" Or think that there would still be plenty of time on the clock even though a 3 year old girl could see the time was winding down and it was iffy at best during the Auburn game? Or when he comes on at the beginning of the season talking about how the most successful program in the last 5 years, USC, has it easy, when they were the first back to back champions in a decade just 3 years prior, and damn near 3 peated. He comes across as a clown, and people realize that. And to my knowledge, you're even the minority among your own fanbase. Miles will get to prove himself in the next couple years. We'll see what he's made of. Bottom line, is he inhereted a program that was competing for SEC titles, and for you to even compare him with a coach who inhereted the worst team in the Big Ten, and a coach who has been head hunted by NFL teams, is utterly ridiculous.

Miles will get to prove himself in the next couple years. We'll see what he's made of. Bottom line, is he inhereted a program that was competing for SEC titles, and for you to even compare him with a coach who inhereted the worst team in the Big Ten, and a coach who has been head hunted by NFL teams, is utterly ridiculous.

Brian would you say Oklahoma State and Iowa are similar football programs in regard to winning tradition? Personally I think Iowa is a step up, but maybe you don't?

Assuming you think the 2 programs are similar, Miles coaching job at Oklahoma State might be a better coaching performance comparison between Miles and Ferentz. Miles took over a Cowboy program that had a 13-20 record in the 3 previous years before his hire, while Ferentz took over a Hawkeye program that had a 19-16 record in the 3 previous years before his hire.

Miles takes over a 13-20 program - Miles 4 years at Oklahoma State 28-21 .570

Ferentz takes over a 19-16 program - Ferentz first four years at Iowa 22-26 .460

Prior to Miles becoming head coach at Oklahoma State the Cowboys had only beaten the Sooners 14 times in 89 attempts. Miles went 2-2 against Coach Stoops & his Sooners. Since Miles left Oklahoma State they haven't beaten the Sooners since. Keep in mind it wasn't like the Sooners were in down years when Miles teams beat the Sooners either since both of those Sooners teams finished in the top 6 in the country.

Coach Miles years at Oklahoma State

Miles returned to OSU in 2001 as head coach. In the three years prior to Miles's arrival in Stillwater, OSU finished 5-6, 5-6, and 3-8. Then Miles took over and went 4-7 his first year, but then went 8-5, 9-4, and 7-5 -- taking his team to the Houston Bowl, the Cotton Bowl, and finally the Alamo Bowl.

During the last game of Miles' first season as head coach, OSU faced Oklahoma, who was ranked #4 in the nation. Despite the fact that OSU was facing Oklahoma on the road, Miles led his team to a 16-13 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #6 after winning the Cotton Bowl).

During Miles's second season, OSU again ended the regular season with a game against Oklahoma. This time Oklahoma was ranked the #3 team in the country. And yet again, Miles led his team to a 38-28 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #5 after winning the Rose Bowl). As a result of his performance during his second year, Miles was named the Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year by the Associated Press in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Miles

As a head coach including his 4 years at Oklahoma State and nearly 3 years at LSU Coach Miles W/L record stands at 61-27. Not bad, not bad at all.

Miles had a better QB at Okie St than he does at LSU. SO that is a moot point. OU's weakness was clearly its pass defense as Aggie freshman QB Reggie McNeal showed by beating OU when they were #1 that same yr.

Les Miles was as pathetic a coach at Okie St as he is here. And he won with others recruits at both places. We laughed our ass off when LSU gave this fraud the reigns to their program, and I dont know whats more hilarious, that or giving him a huge extension and close to 3 mil per season, when he is likely to show to the world what a fraud he is.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Saints' Payton in Wolverines' mix

Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

Apparently Michigan has branched out and contacted at least one NFL coach about its vacant coaching job.

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton, 43, did hear from individuals connected to the Michigan search, according to a source close to Payton.

"They've expressed interest," the source said, referring to U-M. "There was interest in Sean using 'unofficial' intermediaries."

Payton was the NFL coach of the year last year after directing the Saints to a division title and the NFC championship game. He's in his second season as coach of the Saints.

"He's got a very good job," the source said Thursday.

Saints' Payton in Wolverines' mix

Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

Apparently Michigan has branched out and contacted at least one NFL coach about its vacant coaching job.

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton, 43, did hear from individuals connected to the Michigan search, according to a source close to Payton.

"They've expressed interest," the source said, referring to U-M. "There was interest in Sean using 'unofficial' intermediaries."

Payton was the NFL coach of the year last year after directing the Saints to a division title and the NFC championship game. He's in his second season as coach of the Saints.

"He's got a very good job," the source said Thursday.

This might actually be an upgrade for Sean. Salary and job.

Now you're just insulting me rocker and I'm done with you. Iowa isn't up there with the Michigans and Ohio States of the world for tradition (never said they were) but Oklahoma State? I'm through with you. Iowa actually goes to big bowl games and wins conference titles from time to time.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Now you're just insulting me rocker and I'm done with you. Iowa isn't up there with the Michigans and Ohio States of the world for tradition (never said they were) but Oklahoma State? I'm through with you. Iowa actually goes to big bowl games and wins conference titles from time to time.

That's my point. Miles has done well at Oklahoma State a non tradional winning program not just at LSU.

Now you're just insulting me rocker and I'm done with you. .

So Brian let me get this straight. It's perfectly fine for you to call my team's coach a joke, yet when I dare compare Oklahoma State to your beloved Iowa all of sudden you get insulted. Wow! Now I know why you consider yourself the most unbias/fair person on this forum. It's because no one has ever talked about your team.

I've never seen this side of you. Why get so defensive when I mentioned your Hawkeyes in a discussion? Are they above critique? Need I remind you that your Hawkeyes are being coached by one of the highest paid coaches in all of college football and yet have finished their last three seasons with records of 7-5 in 2005, 6-7 in 2006 and are currently 6-6 this season. Geez...what a freakin joke. Ferentz is laughing all the way to the bank. :D

FYI: Oklahoma State has only lost one more game than your Hawkeyes in the past three years. So I don't think you have any reason to be insulted.