[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, Whose season is done?

tosberg34

I've been in my league for 8 years now. I have been in the playoffs every year and made it to the League SuperBowl 2 times (winning once). This year I am officially out. This year has been such an anomoly with all the injuries and players performing much less than projected that it has been quite frustrating to say the least. I am currently 5-7 and even if I win my 2 remaining games I still can't get in the playoffs. So now it's time to play spoiler! This is a new role for me and I welcome it. However, I have already put the league on notice that I WILL be back next year (this year is a "rebuilding" year) stomping and crushing teams like I normally do. I figure I'll give the teams who never even sniff the playoffs a chance this year.

However, it still sucks not being in. Now i have to wait a whole year before I can brag again and that ANGERS me greatly. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in my league for 8 years now. I have been in the playoffs every year and made it to the League SuperBowl 2 times (winning once). This year I am officially out. This year has been such an anomoly with all the injuries and players performing much less than projected that it has been quite frustrating to say the least. I am currently 5-7 and even if I win my 2 remaining games I still can't get in the playoffs. So now it's time to play spoiler! This is a new role for me and I welcome it. However, I have already put the league on notice that I WILL be back next year (this year is a "rebuilding" year) stomping and crushing teams like I normally do. I figure I'll give the teams who never even sniff the playoffs a chance this year.

However, it still sucks not being in. Now i have to wait a whole year before I can brag again and that ANGERS me greatly. :wacko:

You ever think that you are on the downside of your career and that your dominating days are behind you and the time for you to wallow in mediocrity is upon you. Maybe you will be one of those teams to never sniff the playoffs moving forward. :D:D

Oh by the way, just wanting to not hijack the thread, I'm currenly in the playoffs in all my leagues or in the running and what happens this weekend could solidfy my position in the playoffs in all my leagues.

You ever think that you are on the downside of your career and that your dominating days are behind you and the time for you to wallow in mediocrity is upon you. Maybe you will be one of those teams to never sniff the playoffs moving forward. :D:D

Oh by the way, just wanting to not hijack the thread, I'm currently in the playoffs in all my leagues or in the running and what happens this weekend could solidfy my position in the playoffs in all my leagues.

Nope, just a bad year. I'm like fine wine --> I get better with age.

And your case is the prime example that this year is certainly an anomaly. My guess is that the regular powerhouses in your league are ALL suffering this year which means you finally get to get in the playoffs. The read here is that you making the playoffs is not really reflective of how good you are, but how bad the typically dominant teams in your league are doing. Sorry, pal. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Nope, just a bad year. I'm like fine wine --> I get better with age.

And your case is the prime example that this year is certainly an anomaly. My guess is that the regular powerhouses in your league are ALL suffering this year which means you finally get to get in the playoffs. The read here is that you making the playoffs is not really reflective of how good you are, but how bad the typically dominant teams in your league are doing. Sorry, pal. :D

:D:wacko:

Nope, actually it's a regular occurence. The best of owners always seem to manage their team/s into the playoffs, regardless of all the variables that may make the trip more adventurous. :D That was some good stuff though, made me laugh.

:D:wacko:

Nope, actually it's a regular occurence. The best of owners always seem to manage their team/s into the playoffs, regardless of all the variables that may make the trip more adventurous. :D That was some good stuff though, made me laugh.

What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

:D

What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

:wacko:

Great line. I'm a little concerned I'm about to get shot now. :D

Edited by irish

You ever think that you are on the downside of your career and that your dominating days are behind you and the time for you to wallow in mediocrity is upon you. Maybe you will be one of those teams to never sniff the playoffs moving forward. :D:wacko:

Oh by the way, just wanting to not hijack the thread, I'm currenly in the playoffs in all my leagues or in the running and what happens this weekend could solidfy my position in the playoffs in all my leagues.

Speaking of ours how many game have you lost in a row now? :D

It must hurt to get beat by a Packer fan. :D

Speaking of ours how many games have you lost in a row now? :D

You concern yourself with my team quite a bit, huh Randall. I don't keep count considering I played so well for so long that I had a playoff spot locked up 3 weeks ago. By the way I'll probably lose to BS this week and could lose next week and I'd still make it. Incredible huh? :D

Speaking of ours how many game have you lost in a row now? :D

It must hurt to get beat by a Packer fan. :D

Not at all. Blind squirrels find nuts too. :wacko: Even though I lost in our matchup, I'm at least comfortable in the fact that if both of us started our best lineups in that week, I would've won. Again though, I'll be in the playoffs and be moving up in the ladder and that's all I care about. :D

Edited by irish

Not at all. Blind squirrels find nuts too. :D Even though I lost in our matchup, I'm at least comfortable in the fact that if both of us started our best lineups in that week, I would've won. Again though, I'll be in the playoffs and be moving up in the ladder and that's all I care about. :wacko:

You are a Jack A$$! Suck it up dude..... You got beat and will again. Thats the way it works. :D I wonder aloud why you are still here?.?.?

I think a lot of us could say that....but it takes a certain type of tool to do it unprovoked.

You concern yourself with my team quite a bit, huh Randall. I don't keep count considering I played so well for so long that I had a playoff spot locked up 3 weeks ago. By the way I'll probably lose to BS this week and could lose next week and I'd still make it. Incredible huh? :D

It was a joke. You put down a fellow Packer fan and I countered.

As for our game...

If you would have benched the Steelers that got you all the way to 1st place and gone with Hackett coming off an injury and Fargas over Willie Parker and Santonio Holmes sure it's possible. You could have won by 1/2 a point, but come on.

As for being done(the topic of this thread) all my teams are still in the running, but 2 don't have a great chance and may as well be done.

Edited by Randall

That Pitt game may put me out.....I have never not made the playoffs in our local and we are talking 10+ yrs......The funny thing is this is the first year all 5 teams are tied going into today.....This is sort of like a playoff itself...to many injuries even for this active WW hound.....It's a long time till next season.....

Well, if I ever need advice on how to be arrogant, self centered prick, I know who to ask.

Oh, and before I forget: :wacko:

Yeah my original response was terrible. What I meant to say was that I'm a horrible fantasy owner and won't make the playoffs in any of my leagues. There you go, turd's been fished out of the punch bowl, Hugh doesn't have to moan about me being a self-centered prick and all is right in the Huddle world. Moving along now. Oh.... :D

getting this thread back on track...

9 yrs in my local and I've only missed the playoffs once in 2003. I've been to the last 3 superbowls and won it last year. Overall in SBs I am 1-3 in the big game. This year I'll be lucky to finish 7-7 and even then I don't have tie breakers to get the last wildcard. I've been riddled with injuries but that's happened before. What's different is all the FA pickups I've made got hurt too, and my trades didn't work out as expected.