[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU SEC Champions

Rockerbraves

Wow how did you infer that miller? First of all... at THIS point in the season, it's hard for me to say that a team that finishes 11-1 out of the Big Ten is NOT more deserving than a team that finishes 11-2 in the SEC. 1 loss vs 2. Regardless of what anyone says, the conferences are BOTH BCS conferences. One team has a better record than another. It's pretty simple. I'd feel the same way if LSU was 12-1 and Ohio State was 10-2. The question was, who is more deserving. And I say the team from the BCS conference that has the better record. You can argue all day about the OPINION that the SEC is that much superior to the Big Ten, but at the end of the day, they are both BCS conferences.

So... with the BCS label attached we should just count each conference as equals no matter what happens in those conferences year to year? For example, let's hypothesize that the SEC, PAC 10, or (god forbid) the Big 10 is very shallow with top quality teams, while the others are 5-7 teams deep in top quality. Yet, the elite of those conferences ( maybe the top 2 teams) runs the table because of the shallow conference and go 11-1. While one of these others rises to the challenge of a tougher conference and goes 10-2. Just because they get granted the BCS label, they should have the shot at the NC game??

First, if that is the case, let's toss out the idea of Notre Dame ever going to the NC game (which is fine by me :D ). Second, you wouldn't be really justifying who the best two teams are.

miller, again, What has the Big Ten done to prove THIS season, that it isn't at least close to equal with any conference? Why is the SEC that great? Because their runner up went out to Cal and got thumped? Or maybe it was Alabama losing to average Florida State and UL Monroe? Or how bout West Virginia destroying Miss State? I don't think we forgot how South Florida went into Auburn and beat them. The fact is, the SEC has been less than stellar when they have gone outside of the conference, other than LSU destroying Va Tech. Big Ten has Michigan getting beat by App State. Quite embarassing to be sure, but hardly and indictment on an entire conference. Particularly a conference that has 10 bowl eligable teams.

miller, again, What has the Big Ten done to prove THIS season, that it isn't at least close to equal with any conference? Why is the SEC that great? Because their runner up went out to Cal and got thumped? Or maybe it was Alabama losing to average Florida State and UL Monroe? Or how bout West Virginia destroying Miss State? I don't think we forgot how South Florida went into Auburn and beat them. The fact is, the SEC has been less than stellar when they have gone outside of the conference, other than LSU destroying Va Tech. Big Ten has Michigan getting beat by App State. Quite embarassing to be sure, but hardly and indictment on an entire conference. Particularly a conference that has 10 bowl eligable teams.

Brian you should be happy. Last week you were apologizing for drinking the LSU kool-aid.

Although you might should be worried since the Big 10 has to travel into LSU's home as you say.

Yep, and if Ohio State loses, that won't be an excuse either, just like playing on ICE as you say, shouldn't be an excuse. It is what it is. I just want to stop hearing about regulation wins, or whatever the excuse has been for this LSU team vastly underachieving this year.

If they win it all will you still think they underacheived? :D

Brian you should be happy. Last week you were apologizing for drinking the LSU kool-aid.

Although you might should be worried since the Big 10 has to travel into LSU's home as you say.

I think OSU matches up a lot better with LSUCK than Georgia myself.

I would love to see OSU vs USC myself, but that won't happen.

USC and Georgia imo are the 2 best teams.

I would not complain if that was the 2 teams.

Your welcome to come down here and party with me down in the quarter with my cousins from Ohio State. But don't be surprised if LSU puts a hurt on your buckeyes.

In my hypothesis I was talking about the top talent teams and the amount of them...you gave me Miss St.(7-5) and Alabama(6-6)?? now we are talking about kool-aid drinkers from the SEC!! I concede UT losing the 1st game of the year to Cal (if they played today I doubt the same outcome would occur). Auburn losing to USF, IMO is not horrible and is one of those top teams in a conference I was talking about, an understandable loss.

But I'm not on the defensive about the SEC. Look at the teams the mid-to-bottom teams in the BIG 10 played to be bowl eligible. Seriously. I just did, it is disgusting.

Anyway, I could be making this argument about any other conference in any other year. However, recently history has shown the SEC to be the best overall conference... that could change some day. But not this year.

Bring on LSU...............even though it's a home game for the kittens, the Bucks will run through that paper defense ALL NIGHT LONG.

I'd MUCH rather face a weakass LSWho team vs much better teams like OU-USC or Georgia

Put you easy money on those Bucks, it'll be a great day to be a Buckeye again. 2 NC Titles in 6 years.

DYNASTY BABY..............DYNASTY !!

In my hypothesis I was talking about the top talent teams and the amount of them...you gave me Miss St.(7-5) and Alabama(6-6)?? now we are talking about kool-aid drinkers from the SEC!! I concede UT losing the 1st game of the year to Cal (if they played today I doubt the same outcome would occur). Auburn losing to USF, IMO is not horrible and is one of those top teams in a conference I was talking about, an understandable loss.

But I'm not on the defensive about the SEC. Look at the teams the mid-to-bottom teams in the BIG 10 played to be bowl eligible. Seriously. I just did, it is disgusting.

Anyway, I could be making this argument about any other conference in any other year. However, recently history has shown the SEC to be the best overall conference... that could change some day. But not this year.

Ok, now its time to prove it. SEC and Big Ten will square off 3 times again this year (assuming LSU gets the nod). I'm sure the SEC will have no problem going 3-0. None whatsoever.

Ok, now its time to prove it. SEC and Big Ten will square off 3 times again this year (assuming LSU gets the nod). I'm sure the SEC will have no problem going 3-0. None whatsoever.

Agreed. I will go on record and predict right now that LSU and UGA win no matter who they play. I will look at the matchups when they come out and expound upon the rest.

Bring on LSU...............even though it's a home game for the kittens, the Bucks will run through that paper defense ALL NIGHT LONG.

I'd MUCH rather face a weakass LSWho team vs much better teams like OU-USC or Georgia

Put you easy money on those Bucks, it'll be a great day to be a Buckeye again. 2 NC Titles in 6 years.

DYNASTY BABY..............DYNASTY !!

Thanks guys...I am going to print these out and hang them in the LSU locker room for those paper kittens. Congrats on the great season Ohio St. I am glad we will be able to dismember yer team in our wonderful Super Dome. Oh and bring yer wallets and spend some money in our French Quarter. Stay off Desire St... fyi...they will literally dismember you.

Edited by SuperBalla