[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawaii vs. Washington

theprofessor

My Huskies are given the Warriors all they can handle. This is a game of momentum and right now, going to halftime, Hawaii clearly has it. We need to pressure Brennan the way we did in the first quarter and keep pounding them with a healthy dose of Rankin and Locker. A win here, would give Ty at least one more year to bring this program back to the elite level where they used to be. Go Dawgs!

Edited by theprofessor

I'd like to see my Trojans give it a shot against the irresistable Hawaii offense in the Rose Bowl.

I'm sure you would. That'd be like LSU playing Notre Dame last year :D

The Pac 10 has already lost to Notre Dame 2 times this season and to Hawaii for crying out load. You guys had your chances against those weakass teams and failed. Play someone competitive.

As a UH fan I'm just stoked that they're going to a BCS Bowl game. The Rose Bowl against USC I think would be a great game but I'm thinking they are probably headed to the Sugar Bowl. Either way it's been a great season and it'll be a shame if Colt doesn't get invited to New York this year. Not saying he should win, but he should be an invited candidate.

As a UH fan I'm just stoked that they're going to a BCS Bowl game. The Rose Bowl against USC I think would be a great game but I'm thinking they are probably headed to the Sugar Bowl. Either way it's been a great season and it'll be a shame if Colt doesn't get invited to New York this year. Not saying he should win, but he should be an invited candidate.

Do you think Hawaii will travel well to New Orleans? Would think the Sugar Bowl is hoping so.

Do you think Hawaii will travel well to New Orleans? Would think the Sugar Bowl is hoping so.

I don't think the sugar bowl gives a rip because the "big game" renders it extremely moot, especially if the tigers are playing.

Did you see the freaks :D in the stands? No, they wouldn't travel well.

Those "freaks" have exactly one college/pro team in their state so they get a little crazy in times like this. But I will say some of my favorite college games were the UH ones. The people are great and very friendly. Unfortunately the expense to travel all the way to New Orleans will mean a small UH fanbase will be at the game.

And just seeing that they will face off against Georgia. I'm a lifelong UGA fan so my heart is definitely going to be split in two for this Sugar Bowl.

I'm sure you would. That'd be like LSU playing Notre Dame last year :D

The Pac 10 has already lost to Notre Dame 2 times this season and to Hawaii for crying out load. You guys had your chances against those weakass teams and failed. Play someone competitive.

If it's not the NC game, there's a huge dropoff in terms of what you're playing for. I'd much rather play a meaningful game. Illinois? C'mon. Against Hawaii, the purpose would be to silence those who say they are deserving of a NC game berth just on the merits of a an undefeated season alone, but whom are blind to the cupcake WAC schedule that they played. Georgia now gets the chance, and I certainly hope they don't trip up or we'll never hear the end of it.

If it's not the NC game, there's a huge dropoff in terms of what you're playing for. I'd much rather play a meaningful game. Illinois? C'mon. Against Hawaii, the purpose would be to silence those who say they are deserving of a NC game berth just on the merits of a an undefeated season alone, but whom are blind to the cupcake WAC schedule that they played. Georgia now gets the chance, and I certainly hope they don't trip up or we'll never hear the end of it.

Hawaii's weak schedule is through no fault of their own. Hawaii was scheduled to open against Michigan, who backed out to go play App State. June Jones repeatedly stated that they would play any team, at home or away. And I would argue that Kansas' schedule was no stronger, yet they moved up to number 2 at one point even though they were unranked in preseason (vs 21 for Hawaii), vaulted onto the top 25 by beating then 24 Kansas State and then vaulted over Hawaii by beating the mighty Baylor.

I think this game is going to be an exciting one, and should be fun to watch.

Hawaii's weak schedule is through no fault of their own. Hawaii was scheduled to open against Michigan, who backed out to go play App State. June Jones repeatedly stated that they would play any team, at home or away. And I would argue that Kansas' schedule was no stronger, yet they moved up to number 2 at one point even though they were unranked in preseason (vs 21 for Hawaii), vaulted onto the top 25 by beating then 24 Kansas State and then vaulted over Hawaii by beating the mighty Baylor.

I think this game is going to be an exciting one, and should be fun to watch.

Differences of opinions on their schedule aside, it does seem that their offense can take down just about anyone, any day. The question then is whether or not their defense. Going up against a top-10 team is just what we need to see if the can really hang with the big boys or not. Looking forward to the game too.