[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I Crazy for Benching Addai?

heehawks

I'm benching Addai today for E.Graham and A.Peterson (Chi). I figured that Indy typically struggles running the ball and will be airing it out all day. Plus with his "neck", Keith might just be getting a few more carries. First time all year I'm going with my gut to bench a "stud".

Am I crazy??? :D

My gut was right, and I wasn't crazy after all. Only 4 fantasy points in my local, while Graham and AP (Chi) gave me 17 and 11 respectively.

Gonna do it again this week, and I'm going to start Graham (against Hou) and Grant (against Oak) with confidence. I will likely start him again in Wk 15 against Oakland (the first round of our playoffs).

Gosh I love it when I'm right, cuz it rarely happens in ffb!!

My gut was right, and I wasn't crazy after all. Only 4 fantasy points in my local, while Graham and AP (Chi) gave me 17 and 11 respectively.

Gonna do it again this week, and I'm going to start Graham (against Hou) and Grant (against Oak) with confidence. I will likely start him again in Wk 15 against Oakland (the first round of our playoffs).

You're lucky like me it seems. I got Grant, Graham, Donald Lee and the Giants D, all off waivers this year, and they've all been great. Escpecially once Ronnie Brown went down.

I'm honestly shocked that anyone this year has enough depth to consider such a thing. How many teams in your league? Just curious.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Yeah, this is a classic case of RBs being opportunity driven vs. talent driven positions (i.e. - a porous run defense is a porous run defense no matter who is running against it). It's why we've historically seen Denver churning out no name RBs who rack up fantasy points. It's also why any RB against Oakland is a good play. There's a section in DMD's book that talks about this distinction. Pretty good stuff.

I'm honestly shocked that anyone this year has enough depth to consider such a thing. How many teams in your league? Just curious.

Its an 8 man local team I've been in for a very long time. My RBs are Addai, Graham, Grant, Jacobs, and AP (chi). I've lost Caddy, Benson, Ward, and I traded away Bush. I really needed to win, which would put me into the playoffs (wk 15 and 16). So I honestly thought about it and went with my gut to bench him over players putting up pretty good points. We get 1pt/2rec, so it made my choice a tiny bit easier. Anyway, yes I've got a very nice luxury of being able to chose to bench a "stud" in this crazy azz year of breakage.