[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rose Bowl

theeohiostate

Tough match up for the Illini--it's not going to be pretty, but it's good experience for this team and you can't ask for much more with the season they had...those kids have to be excited about going to Pasadena. They might very well get rolled, though.

Its all about tradition. If it ain't Big Ten vs Pac 10, the Rose Bowl don't like it. That said... I don't like Illinois here at all.

Big Ten really landed some horrible match ups, USC and Florida , both should handle Illinois and Michigan very easily. Michigan just flat out sucks and in good conditions the Bucks would have won by 3 TD's

I would have loved to see Georgia v USC. BCS really, really, is terrible.

You say that this year, but last year the Gators would have never had a shot for the NC.

The only thing the BCS was implented for was to prevent Pac 10 and Big 10 from dodging any teams. That's why the Rose Bowl was not part of the initial BCS. :D

You say that this year, but last year the Gators would have never had a shot for the NC.

The only thing the BCS was implented for was to prevent Pac 10 and Big 10 from dodging any teams. That's why the Rose Bowl was not part of the initial BCS. :D

Yeah I'm sure. Because the SEC has such a long history of volunteering to schedule tough teams out of conference.

Tough match up for the Illini--it's not going to be pretty, but it's good experience for this team and you can't ask for much more with the season they had...those kids have to be excited about going to Pasadena. They might very well get rolled, though.

Yep. The spread-option that Ilinois runs is great when it spreads out the more rugged Big Ten Ds.

Against USCs speed... :D

Yep. The spread-option that Ilinois runs is great when it spreads out the more rugged Big Ten Ds.

Against USCs speed... :D

They have a slugger's chance if their D can step up and create TO's...they do get a good rush with 4...so, who knows? I'd say USC is favored by at least 10, though.

florida would have been in the playoffs last year. I've wanted playoffs forever.

I'm not counting the Illini out of anything.

Lehman is a stud and their defense will be ready.

Illinois will try to control the game and spread USC out and Illinois plays pretty physical.

I think USC wins, but closer than expected.

USC more talent and bettrer coached. Illinois has a lot of heart and if Juice can get on a roll, you never know.

Georgia would have been better, they have to be disappointed.

Edited by sacosud

I was hoping for a UGA/USC matchup.

SC should handle the Illini pretty easily

I love USC but I actually think this is a very tough matchup versus the Illini. Illinois has speed and I think they matchup athletically with USC. If SC takes them lightly we could see a great game and possibly an upset. With all that being said, I love SC when their coaching staff has 3-4 weeks to prepare.

USC = 31

Illinois = 27

Yep and why not. Pac 10 and Big Ten control all of major markets.

they do? enlighten me, I have not heard this argument.......

off the top of my head- major markets that they likely do not control

NY

HOU

BOS

DC

Miami

ATL

PHIL ? does PSU control Philly?

CHI ? seems like chitown peeps are almost more of ND fans than anything else- may be wrong

Philly, LA, Chicago (you kidding me?), Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, hell most people in new york probably follow Big Ten than what? Syracuse? Philly, LA, and Chicago alone is huge. New York is probably Big Ten if anything, they are all about pro sports though. Put it this way, theres a reason why the Rose Bowl has the biggest pay day.