[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wilie Parker

Crazysight

Very true Bill. But I will point out that all those guys are/were bruising RBs that were much bigger than Parker, with the exception of Emmitt. And Emmitt had mammoth holes to run through, something Parker doesn't have in the slightest. Parker is a speed guy, and is being asked to be a pounder this season...

Agreed that they may be using him incorrectly, although he was used as a "pounder" last season (337 carries) and he excelled. As much as I hate to say it as a Parker owner, they would really benefit from using Davenport more in short-yardage/put-the-game-away situations and using Willie more in screens and short passes into the flat. Why NOT run the short halfback pass when you have the best blocking WR in the league at your disposal?

Agreed that they may be using him incorrectly, although he was used as a "pounder" last season (337 carries) and he excelled. As much as I hate to say it as a Parker owner, they would really benefit from using Davenport more in short-yardage/put-the-game-away situations and using Willie more in screens and short passes into the flat. Why NOT run the short halfback pass when you have the best blocking WR in the league at your disposal?

Copycat league. They went to the spread offense the Pat and Colts use so effectively. Willie P doesn't factor into the passing gamplan apparently... :D

IMO Parker has always been nothing more than a 3rd down back. he does not get the consistant positive yardage needed to be a top RB. I personally think Davenport is better han he is. if not for that offensive line of Pittsburgh Parker would of never got a starting RB job in the NFL. right place at the right time.

IMO Parker has always been nothing more than a 3rd down back. he does not get the consistant positive yardage needed to be a top RB. I personally think Davenport is better han he is. if not for that offensive line of Pittsburgh Parker would of never got a starting RB job in the NFL. right place at the right time.

Parker's on pace for over 1,400 rushing yds and was leading the league in rushing at one point. And that's behind a line that isn't nearly as good as it was a year or two ago. While he may not be LT or AP, calling him "nothing more than a 3rd down back" is kind of silly, IMO.

Yea...when they got into the red zone last year they pounded the ball...this year they are throwing the ball a bunch more. :D

This is the root of it. FWPs yardage numbers are much the same but the TDs are way down - that's why from an FF point of view he's regressed when in NFL terms he really hasn't, overall. As long as the Steelers keep winning, they'll see no need to change their MO.

This is the root of it. FWPs yardage numbers are much the same but the TDs are way down - that's why from an FF point of view he's regressed when in NFL terms he really hasn't, overall. As long as the Steelers keep winning, they'll see no need to change their MO.

Well, his yds/carry are down somewhat, but at least some of that has to do with him spending the past two weeks running through mud against stacked lines. But you're dead-on about his lack of TDs being the real point of contention for fantasy owners.

But you're dead-on about his lack of TDs being the real point of contention for fantasy owners.

Especially after the lip service by Tomlin in training camp about using Parker as the 3rd down, goalline RB. I guess he didn't say he was going to give him the ball at the goalline, eh?

Edited by Sturphy

:D

This reminds me of this guy that used to tell me that Charlie Batch was actually better than Ben Roethlisberger a couple of years ago....... :D

Also, I hope you are talking about the offensive line two years ago, because since that point, they have regressed in a big way and are now a below average offensive line.

Edited by Menudo

IMHO - the fact that Willie has done as much as he has with what he is working with line wise makes him a pretty decent back. I am a Steeler homer and I have zero problem with Willie Parker at the RB position.

+1

Only Steeler homers who have watched every play and every game know how little Parker has had to work with this year with that line.