[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid is as Stoop-id Does

Rockerbraves

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les's looked so much better too. :D

LSU # 1,

follow that up with Georgia and Va Tech over OU :D

Seems like all the SEC schools did their best to undermine the system, while most of the other coaches did a nice job.

I really like Spurrier's putting OSU at #5.............nice try to undermine the system and give LSU a free pass into the NC game.

I'm really disappointed with the bias that is permitted here and the intentional lowering of better teams in a deliberate attempt to undermine the system.

Way to go SEC...............it worked !

If the Big 12 coaches would have made a deliberate attempt to undermine the system like the SEC, then OU would have been ranked above them.

I respect that. What I don't respect is the coaches from said conference SEC, all putting LSU at #1 , ranking Florida and Georgia higher then they should have and bumping schools like OU and OSU down the poll, in an attempt to circumvent the process.

CLASSY !

How can the NCAA justify that allowing coaches have 2/3rds the power, knowing full well they all have an agenda when they vote?

This system is criminal and Congress should appoint an oversight committee to investgate it and clean it up.

Steroids doesn't have 1/10 the impact on sports as gambling, tampering or these dumb arse polls.

Click on the link he provided in his post.

There are 60 coaches listed - do all 120 vote, or not? Where are Carroll, Dorrell, Harbaugh, Erickson, etc? If this is the entire list, no wonder the Pac10 has gotten screwed in the past....

Edited by Coffeeman

I realize that, but this is the first time I've actually seen the results..................didn't they use to be confidential ?

Exactly - are they voting knowing that it will be made public, or not? If this is a 'leak', then it gives great insight into the politics. The new openess might change things for the better. I'd still like to know if all 120 vote or not. Where are the missing Pac10 votes??

While the majority of coaches got it right and had OSU at #1 :D

The problem is that not every coach is going to agree just like in any election process. Heck Ohio State's coach said LSU is number 2 while LSU's coach said your Ohio is #2, so at least we know the two teams involved in the BCS NC agree on the top ranked teams. AP also agrees with the BCS as well although Coach Miles top 5 matches better with the AP than does Tressel who ranked #6 AP team as his #3.

Exactly - are they voting knowing that it will be made public, or not? If this is a 'leak', then it gives great insight into the politics. The new openess might change things for the better. I'd still like to know if all 120 vote or not. Where are the missing Pac10 votes??

Not everyone votes. It's a rotating system I believe.

From what I understand it changes weekly. Coaches don't vote every week.

From what I understand it changes weekly. Coaches don't vote every week.

what???????????????????????????????

so, the final coaches poll is not even across the conferences? looks like the Pac 10 is shut out of some key votes in the final poll? this is absurd. So, the coaches poll counts, but not the AP- which is the more accurate of the two I believe.

this is the most f*cked up system - I am starting to get pissed these azzholes feed us this BS excuse to determine the NC

I hope the these lame bowl matchups are a complete disaster and no one goes or watches- Like many previousl have stated- I am a hugh college football fan- I will not be watching 90% of these games.

what???????????????????????????????

so, the final coaches poll is not even across the conferences? looks like the Pac 10 is shut out of some key votes in the final poll? this is absurd. So, the coaches poll counts, but not the AP- which is the more accurate of the two I believe.

this is the most f*cked up system - I am starting to get pissed these azzholes feed us this BS excuse to determine the NC

I hope the these lame bowl matchups are a complete disaster and no one goes or watches- Like many previousl have stated- I am a hugh college football fan- I will not be watching 90% of these games.

I think if the NCAA can clean up it's act, the product would be much more satifying. In addition, all the conference bashing and pimping could subside and be played out on the field. Teams wouldn't be so hesitent to schedule quality non conference opponents in fear of missing a shot at the NC game. An 8 team playoff, brings in 2 loss teams every years, which would really make it important for coaches to go ahead and take the away games at Hawaii, Boise St early in the season.

If these cluesless idiots would simply focus on the benefits instead of their pocketbooks, i'd say with certaintly this sport would profit them more.

Anyone see how Oklahomo's Coach Stoop-id voted in the Coaches Poll. :D .

1 Oklahama

2 Ohio State

3 Missouri

4 Kansas

5 Virginia Tech

6 LSU

7 USC

8 Georgia

9 Arizona St

10 Hawaii

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/co..._2007/flash.htm

Move SC to #2, move everyone else down, and you have my top 10. So I wouldnt say Stoops did anything but give his true feelings of what the rankings should have been.

Even Spurrier had OU #1.

Move SC to #2, move everyone else down, and you have my top 10. So I wouldnt say Stoops did anything but give his true feelings of what the rankings should have been.

Even Spurrier had OU #1.

Oklahoma's 2 #1 votes came from Steve Spurrier and Bob Stoops. They golf buddies.

By the way, which team did Spurrier have ranked 2nd? Just curious. :D