[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Who is #1 poll

neilfish2

Vote for your #1  

47 members have voted

1. 1. The Huddle Fans College #1 team

• Virginia Tech
    • USC
    • Hawaii
    • LSU
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • Georgia

Its a joke. You voted for LSU, and you and I both know they are not the best team in the country. So you want a bogus vote. I wont ablige.

Why not, you will vote for OU, and they are not the best......

I'm hoping for some neutral voters here....

But Homers can vote how they wish

Poll is flawed. Florida is not there. I know Florida would beat every team in this poll by 2-3 touchdowns. The team has gelled. The Gators are not undefeated because of a few bad bounces and unlucky breaks. In fact, all of you should drop to your knees and thank whatever God you pray to that there is not a playoff system in place because the Gators would wipe the field with your sorry ass teams.

Poll is flawed. Florida is not there. I know Florida would beat every team in this poll by 2-3 touchdowns. The team has gelled. The Gators are not undefeated because of a few bad bounces and unlucky breaks. In fact, all of you should drop to your knees and thank whatever God you pray to that there is not a playoff system in place because the Gators would wipe the field with your sorry ass teams.

Gators remind me of a "middlle income man's version of LSU" :D

Plenty good enough to handle the Big 10 Michigan Wolverines.

If this is who's the #1 team in the country, it's Ohio State. Anyone who votes otherwise is an imbecile. Whether they are the best team in the country is open to debate however.

Good question gts - clarification is in order. I believe he means 'who do you think deserves to be #1', which is different from 'who is playing the best ball right now'. The Buckeyes have to get the former, while either USC, UGA or OK would be neck and neck for the latter.

BTW, I put LSU, just to try to help put Rocker over the top here. Since its a bogus poll anyway, and this board is apparently his whole life, I threw him a bone....

ridiculous, they play in a BCS conference, they are .500.

A nice story- and it is cool they are in BCS bowl game, but let's get real here.

Bottom line Hawaii is the only undefeated D-1 team in the country ... that is a cold hard fact. The whole ranking system is a joke and popularity contest anyway and automatically putting teams with 1 or 2 loses in front of them is purely subjective.

If this is who's the #1 team in the country, it's Ohio State. Anyone who votes otherwise is an imbecile. Whether they are the best team in the country is open to debate however.

Bullshit. Where were they ranked two weeks ago? Had they had to play in a conference championship like the rest of the real conferences they'd just be another 2 loss team clamaring that they belonged in the bogus NC game. Instead they sat on their fat asses and watched other teams get picked off allowing them to sneak in the back door.

Bullshit. Where were they ranked two weeks ago? Had they had to play in a conference championship like the rest of the real conferences they'd just be another 2 loss team clamaring that they belonged in the bogus NC game. Instead they sat on their fat asses and watched other teams get picked off allowing them to sneak in the back door.

#3. Then #1 lost and #2 lost.

Bottom line Hawaii is the only undefeated D-1 team in the country ... that is a cold hard fact. The whole ranking system is a joke and popularity contest anyway and automatically putting teams with 1 or 2 loses in front of them is purely subjective.

Considering LSU did the same thing, I'm curious why you are constently slamming the Bucks for losing 1 games and not LSU for losing 2 ? The PAC10 doesn't have a title game either, I don't hear you jumping down USC back, when they lost to Stanford. The Big 10 doesn't qualify to have a championship game with 11 teams, if they did, the Bucks would have won it anyhow, moot point. LSU didn't even face the best team in the SEC, Georgia and they back in after losing to 2 unranked teams , and got ran over by 3 other teams .

If your going to slam the Bucks, there's a long line of teams behind them you'll have to include in your statements, otherwise it comes off a a bias opinon based on hatred for the Big 10

Considering LSU did the same thing, I'm curious why you are constently slamming the Bucks for losing 1 games and not LSU for losing 2 ? The PAC10 doesn't have a title game either, I don't hear you jumping down USC back, when they lost to Stanford. The Big 10 doesn't qualify to have a championship game with 11 teams, if they did, the Bucks would have won it anyhow, moot point. LSU didn't even face the best team in the SEC, Georgia and they back in after losing to 2 unranked teams , and got ran over by 3 other teams .

If your going to slam the Bucks, there's a long line of teams behind them you'll have to include in your statements, otherwise it comes off a a bias opinon based on hatred for the Big 10

Not to mention the fact if the SEC did not have a championship game LSU would not be in the NC.

Not to mention the fact if the SEC did not have a championship game LSU would not be in the NC.

Great point, the Bucks didn't even need a big win in a championship game to qualify, but LSU's resume was so bad coming into their's the had to pull out the W in order to be considered, after all they did get it handed to them by 2 unranked teams this season, and got pummeled by 3 others until "Fear the Cap" man, pulled something from his arse instead of using his head

Nobody. There is no clear #1, hell for that matter the top 5 are interchangable this year. All the more reason for having a playoff. Honestly with their QB healthy I think OU is the best team out there, but maybe it's Hawaii, who the hell knows.

This is a dumb poll. Of course OSU is. They play in a major conference and only have one loss. Unlike Kansas, they won their conference. That loss being to a team that is more than capable of stepping up and beating any of the other teams in question. That doesn't mean I think that USC will not take care of that same team nor does it mean that LSU won't beat them. However, you simply can't make an argument that, given the situation, anyone has a better claim to #1 than OSU.

That's more a reflection on what a crock the system is than it is on how good OSU is.