[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Who is #1 poll

neilfish2

Vote for your #1  

47 members have voted

1. 1. The Huddle Fans College #1 team

• Virginia Tech
    • USC
    • Hawaii
    • LSU
    • Ohio State
    • Oklahoma
    • Georgia

I said Hawaii.

Well, they beat every Division I school they played -- so who's to argue? If wins over the schools they beat don't count -- then GET THOSE SCHOOLS OUT OF DIVISION I and stop letting the "Traditional Powers" load up their non-conference schedule with even worse teams than the ones Hawaii played ...

Otherwise, what do we do? Ignore some losses for some teams and ignore wins by other teams until we've rationalized why our irrational favorites are really better than their record and performance on the field would indicate? THAT's a good system. OSU? LSU? Explain again why your losses shouldn't count but everyone else's losses should count?

Heck, if we're going to go down that road, there might be 100,000 faithful in South Bend who could explain to you why Notre Dame's losses shouldn't count and we should only look at their wonderful season ending victory.

:D

I voted for who I thought was the #1 team NOW not records or anything like that, if I had gone by record and talent then OSU is the choice.

I voted for USC and here's why!!!!! OSU a close second but our QB worried me just enough to put them at #2

Booty is back and they have that stable of running backs.

I love their defense as well and Carrol is the last piece to the puzzle.

1. USC

2. OSU

3. OU

4. GA

5. LSU

Edited by sacosud

Well, they beat every Division I school they played -- so who's to argue? If wins over the schools they beat don't count -- then GET THOSE SCHOOLS OUT OF DIVISION I and stop letting the "Traditional Powers" load up their non-conference schedule with even worse teams than the ones Hawaii played ...

Otherwise, what do we do? Ignore some losses for some teams and ignore wins by other teams until we've rationalized why our irrational favorites are really better than their record and performance on the field would indicate? THAT's a good system. OSU? LSU? Explain again why your losses shouldn't count but everyone else's losses should count?

I agree. College football is WWF without Hawaii in the Championship game.

I think the two best teams right now are USC and Oklahoma but it's hard to muster the strength to even care about college football anymore aside from the fantasy implications.

Hawaii and LSU have one common opponent

Hawaii 45 Louisiana Tech 44

LSU 53 Louisiana Tech 10

Enough said :D

Arkansas - 50 - LSU- 48

Missouri is going to kill Arkansas

Enough Said.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the type of argument rocker gave. However, one has to admit that comparing scores regarding a common opponent is much more credible when discussing games that have actually happened.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the type of argument rocker gave. However, one has to admit that comparing scores regarding a common opponent is much more credible when discussing games that have actually happened.

Agreed

OSU @ Washington won 33-14

USC @ Washington won 27-24

Hawai (at home) beat Washington 35-28

USC had a tougher time then OSU and Hawaii :D

Agreed

OSU @ Washington won 33-14

USC @ Washington won 27-24

Hawai (at home) beat Washington 35-28

USC had a tougher time then OSU and Hawaii :D

great, TOS, and his 3rd grade comparisons- solid. ::wacko: these prove nothing, and are lame.

digging deeper- anyone who actually watched the OSU/UW game saw basically two evenly matched teams go at it for the first half, and OSU pulled away in the 2nd due to some key plays. No one came away thinking OSU was that tough and they were on par athletically with one of the Pac 10's worst teams.. Now, I certainly think OSU has improved since then..........but we will find out

USC battling injuries struggles in a Pac 10 game, and comes out with a win. We all know USC went thru a tough stretch, and is now firing on all cylinders.

I mean, this chit is a joke, do I really care that:

Oregon DOMINATES Michigan

Michigan beats Illini

Illin beat OSU, so,.........Oregon is bbetter than OSU??? oh wait, that's right with a healthy Dixon they are, my bad :D

Edited by wildcat2334

great, TOS, and his 3rd grade comparisons- solid. ::D these prove nothing, and are lame.

digging deeper- anyone who actually watched the OSU/UW game saw basically two evenly matched teams go at it for the first half, and OSU pulled away in the 2nd due to some key plays. No one came away thinking OSU was that tough and they were on par athletically with one of the Pac 10's worst teams.. Now, I certainly think OSU has improved since then..........but we will find out

USC battling injuries struggles in a Pac 10 game, and comes out with a win. We all know USC went thru a tough stretch, and is now firing on all cylinders.

Michigan beats Illini

Illin beat OSU, so,.........Oregon is bbetter than OSU??? oh wait, that's right with a healthy Dixon they are, my bad :D

Obviously you failed to read the 3 posts prior to mine by SgtRyan, detlef and Rockers who did the same comparism , I simply added to their discussion :wacko:

Obviously you failed to read the 3 posts prior to mine by SgtRyan, detlef and Rockers who did the same comparism , I simply added to their discussion :D

well, I didn't respond b/c they both lost it a long time ago

Hawaii is a cute story- but cmon , they do not belong in any NC discussion. end of story.

LSU could be 12-0 and Private Ryan would bash them and the SEC

great, TOS, and his 3rd grade comparisons- solid. ::wacko: these prove nothing, and are lame.

Michigan beats Illini

I hate when those "key plays" get in the way of an otherwhise close game. :D