[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Portis hurt?

Ralph Furley

According to Rotoworld:

Ladell Betts – Clinton Portis left Sunday's game with an apparent leg injury. He was able to run off the field under his own power, but did have a noticeable limp after getting hurt. It's unclear what his status is for Week 14, but the Redskins play on Thursday against the Bears, meaning he'll have a short week to recover if the injury is serious. Ladell Betts, who has put up similar numbers to Portis in relief duty, would start in his place. Betts was absolutely electric in relief of Portis at the end of last season, and faces a gravy match-up against the Bears in Week 14, making him a nice add if Portis misses the game.

Anyone have info on this? I can't seem to find anything.

Found this on FFtoday's message board. From Footballdocs they say? (I don't post anywhere but the Huddle, but I'm trying to find something on this topic.)

Ladell Betts, RB, WAS – The moment Betts owners have been waiting for all year is a little closer after starter Clinton Portis left Saturday’s game with an ankle injury. There is a quick turnaround for the Bears this week with a Thursday Night contest against the Bears on the slate, so Betts may very well get the bulk of the totes on Thursday Night pending the news on Portis. Betts landed many championships for many teams last year after Portis went down with injury, and Betts is creeped a little closer to filling that role again in 2008 had his shot to be the primary ball carrier for the Skins (Note Betts is averaging a whooping 6.2 yards / carry over his last 5 games. Granted he has only had 20 total totes during that time, but the stat is somewhat worth noting. Betts has plenty of gas in the tank having received little abuse and carries thus far in the season).

According to Rotoworld:

Ladell Betts – Clinton Portis left Sunday's game with an apparent leg injury. He was able to run off the field under his own power, but did have a noticeable limp after getting hurt.

Anyone have info on this? I can't seem to find anything.

Moss carried once and Campbell 4 times and that's it. All other carries went to Portis with Betts getting 2 catches. When did he leave the game and after he left was he put back in at all? My guess is if he left early in the game but came back he's fine, if he left real late and didn't return he's probably not. All comes down to timing.

Found this on FFtoday's message board. From Footballdocs they say? (I don't post anywhere but the Huddle, but I'm trying to find something on this topic.)

Ladell Betts, RB, WAS – The moment Betts owners have been waiting for all year is a little closer after starter Clinton Portis left Saturday’s game with an ankle injury. There is a quick turnaround for the Bears this week with a Thursday Night contest against the Bears on the slate, so Betts may very well get the bulk of the totes on Thursday Night pending the news on Portis. Betts landed many championships for many teams last year after Portis went down with injury, and Betts is creeped a little closer to filling that role again in 2008 had his shot to be the primary ball carrier for the Skins (Note Betts is averaging a whooping 6.2 yards / carry over his last 5 games. Granted he has only had 20 total totes during that time, but the stat is somewhat worth noting. Betts has plenty of gas in the tank having received little abuse and carries thus far in the season).

Maybe they should try and get the actual day right before spreading rumors.

You joined the huddle because you thought that would somehow eliminate conflicting reports?

I think he means that he joined the Huddle to hear conflicting sides of particular topics and issues in order to better develop his critical thinking and analytical skills.

ESPN has him as probable, so he will go. between his shoulder and his ankle, i would not expect much. i also would not expect much from betts given they will probably split time. avoid the entire situation if you can would be my advice ...

Portis has been banged up all year. Unless I hear he is limited I'm going to assume that Betts get about 1-2 carries for every ten Portis gets.