[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State played the BCS Game Right

Rockerbraves

What a tough guy. Now, you're going to call names. Grow up. I love guys like you ... run your mouth when your in front of your monitor but absent when it's time to walk your talk. You remind me of the guys I used to destroy in High School and College ... run their mouth when they're with their friends but then run with their feet when someone steps up. Anytime you want to throw it down let me know. I travel on business and I would gladly have a conversation with you face to face. Name the place.

PROFESSOR if you want to continue to be addressed as Professor at least act like one. What kind of lesson are you teaching by threatening someone with physical harm instead on battling him with your mind. Sarge and now you are a riot to watch when you get punked. I'll now look forward to each of your post for the chance to get you going again.

Good Stuff Professor. :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the google thing is working out well for you Professor. Now that you know about google then you understand why I didn't bring up the playing 9 times in Louisiana comment.

Look forward to my next lesson Professor. :D

Have to go now I'm busy. Have a great day Professor. :D

Glad I could help. :D Listening is key. You'll get better at this :wacko:

PROFESSOR if you want to continue to be addressed as Professor at least act like one. What kind of lesson are you teaching by threatening someone with physical harm instead on battling him with your mind. Sarge and now you are a riot to watch when you get punked. I'll now look forward to each of your post for the chance to get you going again.

Good Stuff Professor. :D

That's funny ... Mister RB bringing up being "Punked". I've watched Mister Ryan and many, many others punk you all year long. It's been quite a ride! :D

Say my name, Say my name .............

Oh, and another thing. Everyone who's having a great time pointing out how bad LSU's D is better hope that Dorsey doesn't manage to get healthy during the month off. From what I understand, there were no shortage of people saying he may have been the single best player in college ball at any position prior to the infamous chop block v Auburn and just wasn't the same since. Losing a guy like that is pretty major.

If he can get close to pre-injury form by January, me thinks things could look a whole lot uglier for OSU.

Dorsey is not even the best DT in the country. That is the USC DT. Geez, the Hype machine is completely clueless to reality.

What a tough guy. Now, you're going to call names. Grow up. I love guys like you ... run your mouth when your in front of your monitor but absent when it's time to walk your talk. You remind me of the guys I used to destroy in High School and College ... run their mouth when they're with their friends but then run with their feet when someone steps up. Anytime you want to throw it down let me know. I travel on business and I would gladly have a conversation with you face to face. Name the place.

:wacko: Wow! Did you just call me out? Really? Well that's just grand. After school? Behind the gym? Isn't that where this sort of thing goes down?

:D Tell me about High School and College, Clarise. When the other boys humiliated you, did your anger well up inside? Did you want to rip their tongues out to stop the torture? Did you do horrible things that you still carry with you today, Clarise? :D

Tell you what, it looks like you've got a bit more experience than I do in the, "Just got pwned in a debate, so now I've got to fight this guy to defend my manhood" department. If you'd like to hop on a plane to Raleigh, NC and take a cab to Durham, be my guest. I hope it's worth it. However, whaddaya say I just save you the trouble and we can pretend that you kicked my ass. Feel better? Great.

Now, be a sport and indulge me with finishing the topic at hand. I'm going to list the non-conference schedules of all the teams that have any legit claim to the NC game. According to you, LSU should have "by far" the easiest schedule of them all. However, since I'm in the holiday spirit, you only need to show that even most have a better OOC game than LSU's win over V Tech. Now, because I'm only so charitable, I'm not going to let you pick V Tech's 41 point loss to the current #2 BCS team. Nor am I going to let you just throw out a team without explaining why. Now, if you think I'm missing somebody that belongs in this discussion. Somebody that has been mentioned by anyone credible as a NC contender. Somebody who's got a better OOC win than against the team currently ranked #3 (mind you, I don't think Va Tech is the 3rd best team, so I'll give you top 10)? Be my guest.

So, the list.

LSU- Tulane, La Tech, Mid Tenn St (weak, weak, weak), Oh! Wait a minute! V Tech

And the rest...

OSU- YSU, Akron, WA (sorry, blind homerism doesn't change the fact that they finished last), Kent St.

V Tech- ECU (not bad actually), LSU (ooh lost by 41, immediate DQ), Ohio, William and Mary

OU- N Texas, Miami (not bad if this was '01), Utah St, Tulsa

GA- OK St. (hmm, not bad), W Carolina, Troy, GA Tech (well, that's cool, 2 BCS Conf. teams) You could make an argument that GA belongs in the conversation here based on the fact that they played two major conf. teams.

Mizz- Ill (wow, you go girl! top 20! I suppose my earlier guess was wrong about nobody having even a top 20 win), Ole Miss (Big Conf. yes, good team...no), W Mich, Ill St.

USC- Idaho, Nebraska, Notre Dame (Can we pretend that Neb and ND are still good?)

Kansas- C Mich, SE LA St., Toledo, FL Int. (Thanks for coming)

WVU- W Mich, Marshall, Maryland, ECU (Wow, two bowl eligible teams! Oh, I forgot, that's pretty much everybody)

Hawaii- To be honest, I have no idea which of those random schools are actually even in their conference. Feel free to look that one up yourself.

So, there you have it. To be honest, it takes a pretty liberal definition of the word "good" for me to make a case for even GA and Mizz. However, I don't pretend to have the creative take on reality that you have, so I'm sure you can do better.

Ready, go.

Edited by detlef

Tell you what, it looks like you've got a bit more experience than I do in the, "Just got pwned in a debate, so now I've got to fight this guy to defend my manhood" department.

Well he did insult my grammar once. I am still trying to get over that one. :D

yawn: Wow! Did you just call me out? Really? Well that's just grand. After school? Behind the gym? Isn't that where this sort of thing goes down?

:D Tell me about High School and College, Clarise. When the other boys humiliated you, did your anger well up inside? Did you want to rip their tongues out to stop the torture? Did you do horrible things that you still carry with you today, Clarise? :D

Tell you what, it looks like you've got a bit more experience than I do in the, "Just got pwned in a debate, so now I've got to fight this guy to defend my manhood" department. If you'd like to hop on a plane to Raleigh, NC and take a cab to Durham, be my guest. I hope it's worth it. However, whaddaya say I just save you the trouble and we can pretend that you kicked my ass. Feel better? Great.

Now, be a sport and indulge me with finishing the topic at hand. I'm going to list the non-conference schedules of all the teams that have any legit claim to the NC game. According to you, LSU should have "by far" the easiest schedule of them all. However, since I'm in the holiday spirit, you only need to show that even most have a better OOC game than LSU's win over V Tech. Now, because I'm only so charitable, I'm not going to let you pick V Tech's 41 point loss to the current #2 BCS team. Nor am I going to let you just throw out a team without explaining why. Now, if you think I'm missing somebody that belongs in this discussion. Somebody that has been mentioned by anyone credible as a NC contender. Somebody who's got a better OOC win than against the team currently ranked #3 (mind you, I don't think Va Tech is the 3rd best team, so I'll give you top 10)? Be my guest.

So, the list.

LSU- Tulane, La Tech, Mid Tenn St (weak, weak, weak), Oh! Wait a minute! V Tech

And the rest...

OSU- YSU, Akron, WA (sorry, blind homerism doesn't change the fact that they finished last), Kent St.

V Tech- ECU (not bad actually), LSU (ooh lost by 41, immediate DQ), Ohio, William and Mary

OU- N Texas, Miami (not bad if this was '01), Utah St, Tulsa

GA- OK St. (hmm, not bad), W Carolina, Troy, GA Tech (well, that's cool, 2 BCS Conf. teams) You could make an argument that GA belongs in the conversation here based on the fact that they played two major conf. teams.

Mizz- Ill (wow, you go girl! top 20! I suppose my earlier guess was wrong about nobody having even a top 20 win), Ole Miss (Big Conf. yes, good team...no), W Mich, Ill St.

USC- Idaho, Nebraska, Notre Dame (Can we pretend that Neb and ND are still good?)

Kansas- C Mich, SE LA St., Toledo, FL Int. (Thanks for coming)

WVU- W Mich, Marshall, Maryland, ECU (Wow, two bowl eligible teams! Oh, I forgot, that's pretty much everybody)

Hawaii- To be honest, I have no idea which of those random schools are actually even in their conference. Feel free to look that one up yourself.

So, there you have it. To be honest, it takes a pretty liberal definition of the word "good" for me to make a case for even GA and Mizz. However, I don't pretend to have the creative take on reality that you have, so I'm sure you can do better.

Ready, go.

Nice work.You really need to share some time with the family or perhaps try to earn a living because you certainly have way more time on your hands then I do.. I do have to give you some credit though, you're a pretty funny guy. Humiliated at school, Torture, Clarise ..... good stuff ;)

As far as the post that I said that "LSU had the easiest NC schedule BY FAR". I edited that post immediately because the "BY FAR" comment was a stretch considering the schedules of some of the elite teams. You can let that go now. :headbang:

When exactly was the LSU - V Tech game played? September 8th, three months ago? Hang on to that one :wacko: I wonder what would happen if those two teams played today :D

Thanks for participating in our "lovefest" I enjoyed myself. :D

Smartest thing you've said to date. Well done. :D

This is weird. I've been on these boards a long time (over 6 years) and I don't remember theprofessor ever being such a clueless, immature tool before. Either his 12 year old son is using his account or I must have him mixed up with someone else.

Picking a fight on a message board....it just doesn't get any lower than that.

Edited by Cyclones

such a clueless, immature tool .

I admit, I did probably overreact a bit but I guess I get tired of some of you that choose to get personal and throw insults when someone has a different opinion of a topic than you do. Perhaps if you went back and read ALL the posts you might have a different view. Perhaps you should review your own post and see that, despite you and I never sharing a conversation before or debating a topic, you decided to place yourself in that ugly little box with some of your friends. Enjoy your stay.

I admit, I did probably overreact a bit but I guess I get tired of some of you that choose to get personal and throw insults when someone has a different opinion of a topic than you do. Perhaps if you went back and read ALL the posts you might have a different view. Perhaps you should review your own post and see that, despite you and I never sharing a conversation before or debating a topic, you decided to place yourself in that ugly little box with some of your friends. Enjoy your stay.

With all due respect, this would not have escalated name calling had you admitted that what you said was simply wrong. All of us say things without knowing the facts. Most of us are man enough to step back and raise their hand when called on it. Perhaps you failed to realize that LSU had a win over Va Tech. The fact that both you and TOSU made a point of pointing to all the games besides the one against a team that ended up #3 meant that you either didn't realize that game or were just goading someone on for an argument. You had the chance to diffuse the situation, acknowledge that you failed to mention their most impressive OC win, and end this thing. Instead you dug in your heels. That's when the gloves came off.

FWIW, simply removing the "by far" bit from your statement doesn't change the fact that your statement is still entirely wrong. Not a matter of opinion, but entirely 100% wrong. Wrong like saying up is down. Wrong like saying east is west. Undeniably 100% wrong. As I pointed out, there's only two teams that can even make a case that they're OC schedule compares to LSU even on the basis of the V Tech win and nothing else. Thus far, you haven't provided a single argument to support your stance (a stance that you've barely backed down from). If eight out of ten teams have no claim what-so-ever to even having as good an OC resume, then simply removing "by far" from your statement is an utterly useless gesture.

So, if you don't want to be insulted, stay in the kiddy pool where one doesn't have to back up one's statements.

Oh, that and the fact that I've been around long enough to see you result to name calling on plenty of occasions, so save me the sob story.

Dare I also mention that La Tech, and Tulane, while hardly teams that one should point two as evidence of a strong OC schedule are, at worst, barely worse than the strongest teams others in this argument played OC. However, considering what everyone else in the discussion has done, one could pretend that LSU played Va Tech and 3 D-1AA teams and you'd still need to dig to put them even close to the back of the pack.

With all due respect, this would not have escalated name calling had you admitted that what you said was simply wrong. All of us say things without knowing the facts. Most of us are man enough to step back and raise their hand when called on it. Perhaps you failed to realize that LSU had a win over Va Tech. The fact that both you and TOSU made a point of pointing to all the games besides the one against a team that ended up #3 meant that you either didn't realize that game or were just goading someone on for an argument. You had the chance to diffuse the situation, acknowledge that you failed to mention their most impressive OC win, and end this thing. Instead you dug in your heels. That's when the gloves came off.

FWIW, simply removing the "by far" bit from your statement doesn't change the fact that your statement is still entirely wrong. Not a matter of opinion, but entirely 100% wrong. Wrong like saying up is down. Wrong like saying east is west. Undeniably 100% wrong. As I pointed out, there's only two teams that can even make a case that they're OC schedule compares to LSU even on the basis of the V Tech win and nothing else. Thus far, you haven't provided a single argument to support your stance (a stance that you've barely backed down from). If eight out of ten teams have no claim what-so-ever to even having as good an OC resume, then simply removing "by far" from your statement is an utterly useless gesture.

So, if you don't want to be insulted, stay in the kiddy pool where one doesn't have to back up one's statements.

Oh, that and the fact that I've been around long enough to see you result to name calling on plenty of occasions, so save me the sob story.

My boy, you just don't get it. My statement was this ..... LSU played a "weak" Non Conference schedule and I felt that they didn't belong in the NC game because of two factors - #1 theIr NC schedule consisted of Middle Tennessee St, Louisiana Tech and Tulane. You continue to hang your "only" hat on the VT win? That win took place on September 8th. If they played today, you know as well as I know, the outcome would be much different. To tout someone's OC schedule it should be about the body of work, not one team. The reality is, is that LSU played one good team and 3 very weak teams. #2 they closed the season poorly, they lost at home to a one dimensional Arkansas team and gave up 50+ points. They also closed out the season with an unimpressive win over Tennessee that would have been a loss had Ainge not "given" them the victory. Their defense played poorly the second part of the season. I didn't feel their performance warranted a spot in the NC game and I'm not alone in that assessment. What's wrong is you saying that I am wrong. I've supported every thing I've said about this time after time.

I'll let you continue to debate and hammer away at me while I'l sit back :D and watch you digrace yourself with every post you make. :D

Dare I also mention that La Tech, and Tulane, while hardly teams that one should point two as evidence of a strong OC schedule are, at worst, barely worse than the strongest teams others in this argument played OC. However, considering what everyone else in the discussion has done, one could pretend that LSU played Va Tech and 3 D-1AA teams and you'd still need to dig to put them even close to the back of the pack.

missing ........

:D Middle Tennessee State :D

My boy, you just don't get it. My statement was this ..... LSU played a "weak" Non Conference schedule and I felt that they didn't belong in the NC game because of two factors - #1 theIr NC schedule consisted of Middle Tennessee St, Louisiana Tech and Tulane. You continue to hang your "only" hat on the VT win? That win took place on September 8th. If they played today, you know as well as I know, the outcome would be much different. To tout someone's OC schedule it should be about the body of work, not one team. The reality is, is that LSU played one good team and 3 very weak teams. #2 they closed the season poorly, they lost at home to a one dimensional Arkansas team and gave up 50+ points. They also closed out the season with an unimpressive win over Tennessee that would have been a loss had Ainge not "given" them the victory. Their defense played poorly the second part of the season. I didn't feel their performance warranted a spot in the NC game and I'm not alone in that assessment. What's wrong is you saying that I am wrong. I've supported every thing I've said about this time after time.

I'll let you continue to debate and hammer away at me while I'l sit back :D and watch you digrace yourself with every post you make. :D

OK, now I'm convinced. You are just making up stupid stuff for the hell of it. As I mentioned before, there's simply no other plausible excuse.

I assume that since you include their weak NC schedule as a reason that they don't belong in the NC game, you can point to even one team who's got a better resume (mind you, I've already given you two nice candidates). Honestly, I'm still waiting for you to do that. That, my dear boy, is supporting your argument. Weak is a relative thing. If nobody has played anyone better, than you simply can't hold someones SOS against them. What is so hard about that to understand? There are, however, plenty of teams in the NC picture who can point to OSU's and take issue. Like, basically all of them but Kansas and Hawaii. Well, actually Hawaii and OSU's most impressive OC opponent is the same team, so I guess it's just pretty much Kansas.

If, their OC resume included only Mid Tenn St., La Tech, and Tulane, you'd have a point. However, I am less guilty of hanging on that V Tech win than you are of completely ignoring it. If everyone else played, for instance, several reasonably strong teams and LSU played Va Tech and a bunch of D-1AAs and I kept harping on that one game as making up for the rest you'd have a point. However, that is simply not the case. I only even brought up Va Tech to begin with because you and TOSU were somehow saying that a LSU fan had no right to disparage OSU's OC resume. OSU, a team who's best OC game was against a team (UW) that one would have a hard time arguing is much (if at all) better than La Tech (a team that was a distant 2nd best in terms of LSU's resume). We can all speculate on what a LSU v V Tech game would end up being if they played today, but what's that worth? All we know is that they played and LSU crushed them. Even if V Tech played 40 pts better today than they did back then, LSU still wins that game. However, that simply doesn't matter. We're not arguing who the best teams are today. That's not what the BCS is about (which is why it sucks, BTW). We're arguing resumes and nobody, especially OSU can point to a single more impressive OC win than LSU's totally convincing win vs Va Tech. So, in terms of that part of the resume, they're pretty clean.

I've even given that GA and Mizz could make an argument based on the fact that they both played two teams from BCS conferences. So, is that who you think should be playing in NO? I've also never argued that there aren't plenty of things one could point to in disputing LSU's right to play in the NC game, so deflecting the argument away from you baseless stance and onto the fact that they struggled against inferior opponents doesn't matter at all. I totally agree with you in regards to that. In fact, I really don't think LSU is one of the two best teams in the country and have said as much.

It's just that I have a really horrible habit. That is, when I see someone spouting useless garbage, I can't resist calling him on it.

If I'm disgracing myself, it's because I'm failing to show the compassion needed to simply leave a half-wit alone and not continue to pile on. I admit, that's not something I'm proud of, perhaps it's even, for lack of a better word, disgraceful.

Edited by detlef

FWIW, I have no problem with LSU, the SEC Champion being picked to go to the BCS game. I just have a problem with the BCS. Haven't liked it since Day 1, and will continue to not like it. There is nothing remotely good about it.

werd

OK, now I'm convinced. You are just making up stupid stuff for the hell of it. As I mentioned before, there's simply no other plausible excuse.

I assume that since you include their weak NC schedule as a reason that they don't belong in the NC game, you can point to even one team who's got a better resume (mind you, I've already given you two nice candidates). Honestly, I'm still waiting for you to do that. That, my dear boy, is supporting your argument. Weak is a relative thing. If nobody has played anyone better, than you simply can't hold someones SOS against them. What is so hard about that to understand? There are, however, plenty of teams in the NC picture who can point to OSU's and take issue. Like, basically all of them but Kansas and Hawaii. Well, actually Hawaii and OSU's most impressive OC opponent is the same team, so I guess it's just pretty much Kansas.

If, their OC resume included only Mid Tenn St., La Tech, and Tulane, you'd have a point. However, I am less guilty of hanging on that V Tech win than you are of completely ignoring it. If everyone else played, for instance, several reasonably strong teams and LSU played Va Tech and a bunch of D-1AAs and I kept harping on that one game as making up for the rest you'd have a point. However, that is simply not the case. I only even brought up Va Tech to begin with because you and TOSU were somehow saying that a LSU fan had no right to disparage OSU's OC resume. OSU, a team who's best OC game was against a team (UW) that one would have a hard time arguing is much (if at all) better than La Tech (a team that was a distant 2nd best in terms of LSU's resume). We can all speculate on what a LSU v V Tech game would end up being if they played today, but what's that worth? All we know is that they played and LSU crushed them. Even if V Tech played 40 pts better today than they did back then, LSU still wins that game. However, that simply doesn't matter. We're not arguing who the best teams are today. That's not what the BCS is about (which is why it sucks, BTW). We're arguing resumes and nobody, especially OSU can point to a single more impressive OC win than LSU's totally convincing win vs Va Tech. So, in terms of that part of the resume, they're pretty clean.

I've even given that GA and Mizz could make an argument based on the fact that they both played two teams from BCS conferences. So, is that who you think should be playing in NO? I've also never argued that there aren't plenty of things one could point to in disputing LSU's right to play in the NC game, so deflecting the argument away from you baseless stance and onto the fact that they struggled against inferior opponents doesn't matter at all. I totally agree with you in regards to that. In fact, I really don't think LSU is one of the two best teams in the country and have said as much.

It's just that I have a really horrible habit. That is, when I see someone spouting useless garbage, I can't resist calling him on it.

If I'm disgracing myself, it's because I'm failing to show the compassion needed to simply leave a half-wit alone and not continue to pile on. I admit, that's not something I'm proud of, perhaps it's even, for lack of a better word, disgraceful.

You're right about one thing you, my boy, are confused.

Interesting ....... all that useless babble and you didn't mention my most important point about why LSU doesn't deserve to be in the NC game. Did you skip over that part? :D One more time ....... Listening? ...... OK, here we go ............There were other teams (Georgia, USC, OSU to name a few) that were playing better football than the Tigers diuring the latter part of the season and that is usually what will sway the vote when there are multiple teams in the running for the NC game. I felt that the two teams mentioned above would beat LSU today. The Tigers got in and we'll see how deserving they were. It's really not that big of an issue for me. You tried to make it big with all your mindless drivel. I'm a fan of the game and I am looking forward to watching all these bowl games. Perhaps you should shift your focus too.

I can't do this with you anymore. The more we debate the goofier :D you get. I will say this for you though your creativity and imagination is much better than your comprehension. I'm doing what I can to help you with that. It's been fun. Enjoy your weekend.

"The Professor"

You're right about one thing you, my boy, are confused.

Interesting ....... all that useless babble and you didn't mention my most important point about why LSU doesn't deserve to be in the NC game. Did you skip over that part? :D One more time ....... Listening? ...... OK, here we go ............There were other teams (Georgia, USC, OSU to name a few) that were playing better football than the Tigers diuring the latter part of the season and that is usually what will sway the vote when there are multiple teams in the running for the NC game. I felt that the two teams mentioned above would beat LSU today. The Tigers got in and we'll see how deserving they were. It's really not that big of an issue for me. You tried to make it big with all your mindless drivel. I'm a fan of the game and I am looking forward to watching all these bowl games. Perhaps you should shift your focus too.

I can't do this with you anymore. The more we debate the goofier :D you get. I will say this for you though your creativity and imagination is much better than your comprehension. I'm doing what I can to help you with that. It's been fun. Enjoy your weekend.

"The Professor"

You do realize that this argument has nothing to do with who the best two teams are and everything to do with the fact that I am waiting for you to back up your assertion that LSU played the easiest OOC schedule of all the NC game hopefuls, right?

That's really all you have to do. Either prove your point or admit you're wrong.

You do realize that this argument has nothing to do with who the best two teams are and everything to do with the fact that I am waiting for you to back up your assertion that LSU played the easiest OOC schedule of all the NC game hopefuls, right?

That's really all you have to do. Either prove your point or admit you're wrong.

Proven over and over. You just have to pay attention, Grab the riddelin and try again. I'm done.

Thanks for the memories :D