[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry wins appeal

Randall

Wow, so much for the allowable limits in the CBA. What's the friggin' point?

Everyone will be arguing second hand smoke inhalation now.

But was his appeal based on seond hand or based on the NFL not administering the process correctly? I thought his point was something about them not conducting the testing procedure correctly.

But was his appeal based on seond hand or based on the NFL not administering the process correctly? I thought his point was something about them not conducting the testing procedure correctly.

Exactly what I thought as well. How can the NFL demand testing that can cost players millions of dollars via suspension if they are not going to follow the procedures they set forth in the agreement?

Wow, this is going to open a massive can of worms...

yeah but I hope most wait for the actual NFL statement before the top pops. Heard this boy cry wolf before if yea get my drift.

ETA oops didn't see all of Randalls post before. Move to strike.

Edited by Qball86

From ESPN

John Clayton

ESPN.com

Denver Broncos halfback Travis Henry won an appeal of his one-year drug suspension and will be able to finish out the remainder of the season.

Henry claimed his positive drug test for Josh Gordon was because he was a victim of secondhand smoke. Faced with the possibility of getting a one-year suspension because he's been a past offender, Henry even took his case to a federal court.

After waiting for a ruling, Henry was notified Tuesday afternoon he won his appeal.

"Travis Henry will remain in the substance abuse program, must continue to adhere to all aspects of it, but will not be suspended following his appeal," the NFL announced in a statement Tuesday. "The defense of hair samples and lie detector tests was irrelevant and unconvincing, but our substance abuse program is based on meeting the highest standards and respecting player rights in all phases of its administration."

Henry convinced Mike Shanahan and the Broncos of his innocence by agreeing to a lie detector test and the use of hair samples for testing purposes. Had he failed the lie detector test, Shanahan said he would have considered releasing him, but Henry passed the test and had the full faith of his coach.

Henry has missed four games this year because of a knee injury. He has 629 yards on 143 carries and three touchdowns.

"We are pleased with this outcome and happy that Travis has been absolved of any wrongdoing with respect to this matter," the Broncos said in a statement. "The Broncos look forward to Travis Henry's continued participation on the playing field."

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

O.k. Henry is obviously an idiot to the n'th degree on a personal level.

However, does anyone thing he has any value heading into next year with a clean slate ? When healthy, which is definitely an issue, the guy is extremely talented.

How come they're making him stay in the NFL's substance abuse program? I thought that had expired.

If he was in stage 2 he has to stay on it for 24 months, if stage 3 he stays on it his entire NFL career.

O.k. Henry is obviously an idiot to the n'th degree on a personal level.

However, does anyone thing he has any value heading into next year with a clean slate ? When healthy, which is definitely an issue, the guy is extremely talented.

Not sure. IMHO, I don't think he is a Bronco next year. I have no evidence for this, just a gut instinct.

Brutal. Might as well just make pot legal. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Get some...sour cream and onion chips, and some dip man, beef jerky, Hagen Daz ice cream bars, Capn' Crunch with the little crunch berries, pizzas, we need two big pizzas man, everything on them, chocolate gotta have chocolate, graham crackers, and little marshmallowes, we'll make some smores man! Water, whole lot of water and............Funyuns...Yeah!