[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

I will caution anyone on the Jets - they are 0-18 since 89 ATS the week before they travel to NE to face the Pats. I still have a system play on them at +3.5. Of course I like the Cle cover machine, and am contemplating reversing it, but for some reason, just can't bring myself to do it yet. It seems everyone is on them, and yet the line has fallen from -3.5 to -3 right now.

I'm very glad that I have Cincy -6.5 and it would be hard for me to lay 10 on this bad Bengals team. I'll keep my -6.5 and ride, I like that bet.

Otherwise, not a very strong card for me today. I think we will see some unexpected results in some of these games. I went normal in my system plays but went lighter in these 3.

Oak

Phi

NE

An absolute great day for my systems yesterday. Possibly the best day of the entire year. Virtually every type of play I posted went 3-1 or better. You'll see when I update things for next week, they have done very well. I didn't like much yesterday other than my system selections, which is why I went light on those 3 and wound up 1-2 on them. I still don't know why I took Oak and faded the 11* play on GB from the CKO Gold Sheet.

My system has Atl and the Under for tonight, but I got ATL at +5. Right now you can still get them for +3.5 and at some sites +4. I will look at this game briefly today to see if there is any point in either reversing or buying down on NO to -2.5 (should it get to -3) and shooting for a middle. While I think NO may win, (or Atl finds a way to lose), I'm hoping it stays low scoring and NO wins by less than 5. If I get any info today that tells me otherwise, or if I can get NO at -2.5 for a reasonable price, I will post it.

Hope you guys had a good day yesterday, and my system continues it's hot streak next week.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got out of some trouble with Mayweather last night..Hit him straight up for a small amount because the -220 scared me but cashed in on the +390 prop of Mayweather winnjing by either KO, TKO or DQ..Heres my plays for today so far

St Louis Rams team total over 18 -115 for Game

Arizona Cardinals team total over 18½ -115 for Game

Tease

Football - 105 Dallas Cowboys -½ for Game

Football - 112 Green Bay Packers -½ for Game

Football - 115 San Diego Chargers +9 for Game

Rangers Devils under 1.5 first period..Game starts in about 25 minutes

Only loss I posted was the team over Rams..The others hit and I had a loss in the late game on a prop..Over 3.5 FGs..Yesterday and the Floyd fight got me even..Early week hockey had me in a hole..GDawg I hope you saw the Rangers / Devils I posted yesterday in time

Lang actually won some on Sunday, but is still terrible overall. According to his site, he is 43-32-1 in his free plays the last 2 years (have no way to know if he's right, and if he is not right, we know which side he's erring on...)

Brandon Lang's Free Play of the Day:

Today's Complimentary Selection: Atl/NO Over

Play the Over in tonight's Saints/Falcons contest, as these two teams will go back to the traditional ways they used to play - and that was in high-flying action.

First off, with Reggie Bush headed to Birmingham to have more MRI take place because of that PCL injury, the one way these Saints must keep the focus on the potential playoff berth is to fly the friendly skies - that being taking the action to the air.

In the first meeting Drew Brees completed 22-of-34 passes for 219 yards and two touchdowns. But with Bush balancing out the act, Brees and his receivers flew coach that night. In the national spotlight, and on the heels of the Bucs and Panthers losing, he'll be flying first class tonight, looking to gain ground in the NFC South.

With Atlanta, in that Oct. 21 clash, both Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington combined to complete 27 passes for 273 yards. Though both have alternated stints as the starter, Chris Redman might be under center; and with the team riding a three-game skid, whomever is calling the signals will be looking to prove himself with as fiery a performance as we're going to see from Brees.

Look for a showdown in this one (if you want the winner - you know who to come to for the side in this game), as we play the total Over.

An absolute great day for my systems yesterday. Possibly the best day of the entire year. Virtually every type of play I posted went 3-1 or better. You'll see when I update things for next week, they have done very well. I didn't like much yesterday other than my system selections, which is why I went light on those 3 and wound up 1-2 on them. I still don't know why I took Oak and faded the 11* play on GB from the CKO Gold Sheet.

My system has Atl and the Under for tonight, but I got ATL at +5. Right now you can still get them for +3.5 and at some sites +4. I will look at this game briefly today to see if there is any point in either reversing or buying down on NO to -2.5 (should it get to -3) and shooting for a middle. While I think NO may win, (or Atl finds a way to lose), I'm hoping it stays low scoring and NO wins by less than 5. If I get any info today that tells me otherwise, or if I can get NO at -2.5 for a reasonable price, I will post it.

Hope you guys had a good day yesterday, and my system continues it's hot streak next week.

Congrats Dre, glad you had a bang-up day :D

Only loss I posted was the team over Rams..The others hit and I had a loss in the late game on a prop..Over 3.5 FGs..Yesterday and the Floyd fight got me even..Early week hockey had me in a hole..GDawg I hope you saw the Rangers / Devils I posted yesterday in time

Congrats to you too, Whomp! Yes, I did see the tip, but not in time to play it :wacko: Pretty crazy day for me yesterday, did most of my late-day wagering via mobile.

Let's get em again tonight guys :D

Had a good week with many of the favorites covering as I figured, with only the Eagles (which I play every week no matter what) screwing me....they were also the third part of what would have been a great parlay win, so doubly blew it for me...but when that FG donked, all I could think was ... jesus christ, didn't think you could find another way to lose a game, but you did)

Leaning Falcons at this point (+4)

Also just bet Pats already for next week - 24.5...think it'll go up to 27 range. It's a ridiculous number, and maybe it doesn't go according to the media "revenge" script....but is there any reason not to put a unit on it being a 40-50 pt margin....

I did pretty good also, I guess that sharp was right on the pats by 2tds or more.....

I was feeling the Saints coming out tonight but gotta go with your system Dre!

I love it when my system wins myself and others money. I hate it when it loses others money. If I had a great feel for this game I and my system had a strong play, I would probably push you along w/ following the system. But I really don't like either team here much, so I can't give you that push.

If you like the Saints, by all means, don't let my system persuade you to take the Falcons.

With that being said, the revised-HFA system has hit 38-20 ATS (66%) so far this year, winning its 2 other games this week: Jac and Cin. Keep in mind I have Atl +5, but the sytem is projecting a 1 or 2 point game.

The bottom line, this really isn't the game to have much money on, so I hope no one is going to ruin their weekly winnings much w/ a L tonight, should they take it. Along the same line, those w/ a rough week should not try to get back on this stinker tonight. Both teams are the definition of unpredictably underachieving.

Lastly, I'm not the only one on Atl, as I see some others are, and this guy is as well:

WAYNE ROOT:

Chairman - Falcons

He won his Thurs Chairman on the Skins but lost his Sun Chairman on the Eagles (rough loss). Overall he is 18-8 w/ the Chairmans Club, which is a very solid number.

LVTR:

THE LAST 76 DAYS

30-11 NFL RUN SINCE OCT 1

They have gone 2-3 this week so far (1-3 on Sun):

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): NEW ORLEANS vs ATLANTA FALCONS

Play: NEW ORLEANS -3 ( BUY THE HOOK)

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: NEW ORLEANS -3 ( BUY THE HOOK). We are being very line specific here and want to see this line at -3. As you know we primarily select underdogs for football, but every system runs its course and our under dog system has been seeing many split days or going in the wrong direction. Now we know that a 2-2 type day can easily be a 3-1 type of day but it's of no matter and won't get your money from your bookie. There are those weekends when the worst cappers will look like pros when the faves primarily win like this last Sunday and the champs can be chumps in a heartbeat and we'll be the first ones to admit we fell into that category as our dogs didn't get the job done. We have looked up and down and we can not find any reason to take Atlanta tonight. Sure the Saints defense can be porous but Atlanta isn't much better. This game is riddled with injuries. Bush is out but this maybe a blessing in disguise as the Falcons must now face the unknown with veteran Steckler and Thomas. Both are capable backs and excellent kick returners and it's going to keep Atlanta off balance. The Falcons will be on a third string quarterback. Now the advantage is Redman used to play for Petrino at Louisville and knows this system, but he's still fresh meat out there and this is not the BCS, this is the NFL where the big boys play. With so many injuries, it comes down to experience and that leans heavily into Drew Brees. He's the big X-factor tonight. If Brees is on his game, Atlanta doesn't stand a chance tonight. Don't give us this junk about the Saints giving up. They did have a letdown last week vs Tampa but they went toe to toe with them and only lost on a foolish gadget play that wasn't needed with them holding a lead at the end of the game. The Saints still hold some outside hope of garnering a play-off spot be it a little one. Both are dome teams so no advantages gained or lost there. New Orleans is 9-2 ATS away vs. conference opponents. Atlanta is 4-13 ATS as a home underdog of 3.5 to 7 points. We truly believe the Saints take this by a touchdown, but nothing is absolute in life, so play it safe, buy the hook and guard a push as a opposed to a loss. Public bought down the line enough to make it worth the purchase of the hook so lets take advantage of it and get this win tonight with The Saints.

Lovell

20* atl

NFL DOUBLE YOUR WAGER

GAME OF THE YEAR

13-1 RUN LAST 14 NFL PICKS

"I'm 32-9-2 over my last 36 plays

I went a perfect 9-0 on featured releases since November

I've won 26 out of the last 31 days and 156 out of the last 238

I'm 40-14-2 for my career with plays rated higher then 10*

An 0-2 night for the system last night. Fortunately I didn't throw any personal plays on top of it.

1-2 on Personal plays (Lean 1-0) this week but went very light as I said when posting.

Brings me to an overall (for personal plays) of 40-31-3. Including leans: 50-32-3.

System plays did very well this week despite the 0-2 night last night. I'll post the weekly record update and season totals when I start up the Week 15 thread.

Don't like ending the week on a sour note, but still up this week by a fair amount, and hoping to carry that onto week 15.

I attribute my loss on last nights game to three things:

1) Why in the world when I have Drew Brees to Marcus Colston vs Chris Redman to Roddy White would I go with the color combo ("red"man to "white")

2) I didn't realize Redman has been out of the game for 3 years... figured he was backing up somewhere all that time. When they said his last year at Louisville was '99, it shocked me (and made me feel old) that it was that long ago....never bet on the guy that was selling insurance 12 months ago - that's a pretty good rule I think

3) Atlanta is terrible....

So I let stupidity overtake logic and paid for it

Oh well, still a good week that got me relatively even (down 1.75 units on season)....hope to follow it up last few weeks.