[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anxiously awaiting word on Fitzgerald

Savage Beatings

I am waiting to see if it will be safe to start Fitzgerald this week or not. Sounds like the assumption is that he is still out, but maybe another game-time decision. If anyone has a link to any updates on his injury status, please post here. Thanks!

Only thing I could find yet...

Coach Ken Whisenhunt, as expected, didn't have any further news on Anquan Boldin's status. He was hopeful Larry Fitzgerald will be back this week, but then again, he admitted he had been hopeful Fitz was going to play against Cleveland. In terms of Boldin's injury, Whisenhunt said he believes the issue will be whether Boldin can do further damage. If not, it will probably come down to pain management. Considering Boldin is already dealing with a sore hip from his injury earlier this year, you have to wonder -- even if he can play -- how it will limit Q.

Full blog/article :D

Week 1 of the playoffs... down Roy W and Santonio already... definitely need a healthy Fitz.

Edited by kingfish247

I'm in the same boat. Even if he is good to go, how good will a less than 100% Fitz be against the Seattle secondary, in Seattle?? Of course, if he's Warner's only legit target, he'll be getting plenty of looks. If he's good to go, I'll be leaning toward starting him over Coles.

Same here to a degree. This is the first week of our playoffs. I had already clinched our division and was fighting for a 1st round bye. My team flopped this week and scored only 71 points. I beat the team i was playing by 2 points. Thanks Pats O/D :D

I needed to take this week off so my players can hopefully heal up. Larry has been a huge factor for me during the last part of the season. I need him and Santanio Holmes back in my line up. And LJ

It's likely the status of the two receivers won't be known until Sunday. The best guess is that Fitzgerald will take it easy in practice this week and will be close to a game-time decision. Boldin's status is probably even less certain.

Kent Somers' blog

Covers the Arizona Cardinals

A quick update

Receiver Anquan Boldin did not practice Wednesday, and he is experimenting with an orthotic that will help support his toe.

Boldin suffered a dislocated second toe last week against Cleveland. He's trying to find a shoe insert that will support the toe and allow him to play Sunday in Seattle.

Receiver Larry Fitzgerald was limited in practice by a strained groin. He said it felt much better than it did last week, and he's hopeful of playing on Sunday.

We need Fitz in WCOFF. Don't want to have to start James Jones vs. OAK. :D

Hey Mark - great season in WCOFF! I am pulling for you and the rest of your Boston Felons (which actually may doom you to mediocrity :D )

Best of luck the last 3 weeks - keep it going man!

KO'd

FWIW, from Darren Urban's blog on the Arizona official team site, :D...

Q and Fitz update

Sorry it took so long for the post-practice update, but there were conference calls to attend. Bottom line: Anquan Boldin ran around a little and Larry Fitzgerald was limited, but neither are 100 percent and will continue to be monitored all week. Boldin is still looking for the proper brace to use in his shoe but he was (somewhat surprisingly) in a reasonably good mood after practice. He also said he was going to do whatever he could to play. Fitzgerald said he was "light years" better than he was last week.

Posted on December 5th at 2:22 PM | Permalink

Waiting to see

In the "Great Wide Receiver Watch 2007," it looks like Larry Fitzgerald (groin) is out at practice trying to do some things. Does it mean he will push through the whole workout? We will see. I have always thought Fitzgerald will find a way to play Sunday after missing one game. Anquan Boldin doesn't look like he will be trying to give it a go today on the bad toe; at this point, they may be still searching for the right orthotic. Safety Aaron Francisco (calf) isn't practicing either.

Posted on December 6th at 10:32 AM | Permalink

Have Fitz, Coles, Berrian, and J. Jones and need to start two. Cannot take the chance that either Coles or Fitz does not play so I'm starting Berrian tonite and will wait until Sunday to decide on the other.

Looks like Fitz (and Boldin) are giving it a go again today (Friday) at practice... full blog :D

Friday check in

It looks like receiver Anquan Boldin is doing a little in practice today. I took a sneak preview and Boldin was jogging around on the sideline, which is more than he's done the past two days.

I think it's going to be hard for him to play, but he's extremely motivated. You're talking about one of the NFL's most competitive players, and he's never been to the playoffs. I've heard and read an occasional person scoff that a dislocated toe could keep Boldin out, and I marvel at the ignorance. A toe injury is devastating for someone who makes a living on his feet.

It looks like receiver Larry Fitzgerald (strained groin) is at least practicing some today. I'm headed out to practice now, and I'll give you an update after we've talked to coach Ken Whisenhunt. Check back around 12:30 or so.

Topics: SPORTS

posted by KentSomers on Friday, December 7, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Report a Violation

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/12155

Friday post-practice

Not much new. The status of receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald won't be determined until shortly before Sunday's game in Seattle, coach Ken Whisenhunt said.

Fitzgerald (groin) is more likely to play than Boldin (toe). Fitzgerald ran some routes in today's practice, while Boldin sat out for the third straight day.

Boldin said he has never played without practicing but would this Sunday if his toe allows. He's close to settling on an orthotic, and the pain in the toe decreases each day.

Whisenhunt isn't wild about guys playing without the benefit of practice, but it's not a hard and fast rule. In this case, since it's Boldin and it's an important game in December, if Boldin can go, he'll go.

Edited by keggerz

We need Fitz in WCOFF. Don't want to have to start James Jones vs. OAK. :D

I'm in the same boat. Plus the fact that I have to choose between Eli and Garcia as my starting QB doesn't help either. Going up against the Romo-TO owner in first round of playoffs so Fitz is a must have.

So far

From Rotoworld

ESPN's John Clayton reports the field conditions are favorable in Seattle and that Larry Fitzgerald (questionable, groin) "looks like" he's going to play.

Clayton says Anquan Boldin (questionable, toe) is unlikely to see action against the Seahawks despite reports he's looked and felt better recently. Feel confident penciling in Fitzgerald if don't have comparable options in Sunday's early games, but it appears Boldin isn't worth waiting for. The Cardinals and Seahawks square off at 4:05 ET. Dec. 9 - 11:03 am et

So far

From Rotoworld

ESPN's John Clayton reports the field conditions are favorable in Seattle and that Larry Fitzgerald (questionable, groin) "looks like" he's going to play.

Clayton says Anquan Boldin (questionable, toe) is unlikely to see action against the Seahawks despite reports he's looked and felt better recently. Feel confident penciling in Fitzgerald if don't have comparable options in Sunday's early games, but it appears Boldin isn't worth waiting for. The Cardinals and Seahawks square off at 4:05 ET. Dec. 9 - 11:03 am et

:D Thanks Randall, this will allow me to breathe a little bit easier...