[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TD Record

budlitebrad

I can already see where this thread is gonna end up, but I guess I'll post it anyways.

He's got 41 with 4 games left (PIT, MIA, NYJ, NYG) so he would need to average over 2 a game, which seems possible. Granted, Manning already had 44 through 12 games and only beat the record by 1 in a dome, but knowing Belichick, he would probably just tell Brady to keep throwing against the Giants, even if they were up by 28 and Brady was 1 TD short.

Considering that Belichek will still be throwing into the endzone even if NE is up by 9 TDs against the Jets & Phins, I'd have to say that he probably will.

It would be poetic justice for the entire season if he broke both the TD record & his ankle on the same play in a meaningless game against the Giants in the last week of the season.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Considering that Belichek will still be throwing into the endzone even if MIA is up by 9 TDs against the Jets & Phins, I'd have to say that he probably will.

It would be poetic justice for the entire season if he broke both the TD record & his ankle on the same play in a meaningless game against the Giants in the last week of the season.

dang MIA up by 9 TD's - now that would be a story

Just shows how amazing Manning's season was that, even after the great year Brady has had, there is still some doubt about whether or not he will break the record.

Yep, I was hoping to bring this up when he didn't break it. But it doesn't matter cause Manning was trying to break it, they were throwing at the goalline instead of running. :D