[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers GUARANTEE win!

pig devilz

the reason I think the Steelers lose this game.....is the coaching...

Tomlin is ...less than conservative at best and the reason the last 2 games were blown because of a late mistake when they should have just tried to stay steady...

What makes you think Tomlin is less than conservative at best ? Not ripping your opinion, just curious. I would say that he is less conservative than Cowher, but, I still think he is a fairly conservative coach. The Steelers have the most rushing attempts on offense in the NFL. I haven't seen Tomlin doing anything overly aggressive as far as going for it on 4th down or anything. Defensively, the Steelers are aggressive, but, it is the same aggressive Dick LeBeau defense that is always there.

What makes you think Tomlin is less than conservative at best ? Not ripping your opinion, just curious. I would say that he is less conservative than Cowher, but, I still think he is a fairly conservative coach. The Steelers have the most rushing attempts on offense in the NFL. I haven't seen Tomlin doing anything overly aggressive as far as going for it on 4th down or anything. Defensively, the Steelers are aggressive, but, it is the same aggressive Dick LeBeau defense that is always there.

I don't think throwing the ball as much as they do is their strong suit...

especially with Holmes out of the game...

and I think that he has been one of the main reasons why the Steelers lost against the Cardinals and the Jets...games they should have won...

of course, the players play the games and the Steelers got off to a slow start, but I see him abandoning the run too much...even if they do lead the league in rush attempts...

when I have seen the Steelers play, playcalling and strategy on offense doesn't seem to be as effective as it was when Cowher was the HC....

based on what I've seen anyways...

and don't get me wrong, I have Roethlisberger on my fantasy team and hope they sling it all day long....but I think this has been their weakness....

edit: I see nothing wrong with the defense...I just wanted to add that point....they just need to be healthy in the secondary..

Edited by Avernus

after seeing the interview, its really not what everyone is making it out to be.. he didnt call the reporters over and shout "i have an announcement to make".. the reporter was baiting on a young player and it worked for him. from listening to the comments from players and coaches this week, it tells me they are not intimidated by the patriots and do not fear them. half of the teams this year lost the game before they even took the field vs the patriots because they feared them. prime mike tyson had the same effect on his opponents. guys that fought him had already lost the bout before they stepped foot in the ring because they were intimidated by him. it finally took a guy that said he didnt give a f*ck who mike tyson was to finally beat him and that was buster douglass.

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff December 5, 07 05:39 PM

In Pittsburgh today, safety Anthony Smith guaranteed a Steelers victory over the Patriots.

"We're going to win," Smith told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win."

:D

i got a say, i didn't expect this from the Steelers.......

Great - we needed another reason to believe NE will hammer PIT like we needed another moron "guaranteeing" a win.

:hurl:

Smith's comments Tuesday were not welcome by all of the Steelers.

Coach Mike Tomlin talked to Smith about the stir he has caused. What did Tomlin tell him? "Just write your own checks," Smith said. "Don't write checks for the whole team."

Nose tackle Chris Hoke said several of the veteran players spoke with Smith as well.

As for what Smith's guarantee, Hoke, who found out about it Wednesday night while watching TV with his son, said, "I would never do that."

Despite Smith's abundant optimism, no other Steelers are designating Sunday as guaranteed win day. Linebacker James Farrior, cautioning that Smith hasn't been in the NFL long and may not realize what he is saying, doesn't think the Patriots will pay any attention.

Smith, a third-round pick from Syracuse University in 2006, became the starter at free safety only after Ryan Clark needed spleen surgery in late October.

"He better keep his mouth shut," Farrior said, though he was laughing and wasn't angry at his teammate. "Oh well, I guess we've got to go deal with that."

Defensive end Brett Keisel doubts Smith's words will have any impact, even if the Steelers might have been better off not giving an exceptional team like New England any bulletin-board material.

. . .

Keisel could only laugh after hearing Smith's comments, saying, "Maybe I should start (guaranteeing games)."

So it looks like its a "hey look at me" statement from a guy who didn't start until October when the starter went down with an injury.

Dumbass. :D

Edited by Furd

We're going to win," Smith said. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win." :D

If the guy was looking to make a statement his teammates would rally around, I dont think this is it. If you read what he says, isnt it akin to someone saying "I guarantee I am going to be wealthy and happy beyond my wildest dreams. As long as I win the lottery and dont blow it, yeah, I will be loaded."

I personally am getting a little sick of a lot of these players "guarantees" that dont mean a thing. They just speak without thinking and only to bring attention to themselves IMO. If you're going to make a guarantee, back it up. If not, shut up. If anything, I think this silly, half-witted, half-hearted "guarantee" will give the Patriots motivation and something to taunt Mr Smith about on the field as the clock displays evidence of another NE win.

Uh, its your own hometown paper thats reporting it, Skip...not the Boston Herald. Your own rags are putting this put there....

So much for your argument, but it was a good effort.

Yes our local papers have reported it but the original post in this thread is quoting from the Globe which is a New England rag.

Edited by Skippy

Poor guy is setting himself up for a meltdown ala Bart Scott. Should be interesting to see what he does when he gets burned by Welker, Faulk, or Watson.

Don't be so modest.

Poor guy is setting himself up for a meltdown ala Bart Scott. Should be interesting to see what he does when he gets burned by Welker, Faulk, or Watson.

same thing that happened when he got burned by chad johnson, tj houshmandzadeh, braylon edwards, and kellen winslow.. oh wait.. they didnt do sh*t against him.