[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RBBC in Buffalo from here on out?

PaulOttCarruth

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

1-2 Punch At RB? Many of the questions in yesterday's media day press conference revolved around the play of Fred Jackson and his role once Marshawn Lynch is 100 percent healthy. Jackson said he was told by RBs coach Eric Studesville that they would like to use Lynch and Jackson as a 1-2 punch since they have different styles. Jackson said he and Lynch have had similar conversations about how good that would be. There is also talk of using them in the game together since both are receiving threats as well. Lynch said he feels better about not rushing back before he's ready because of the way Jackson has played.

I'm hoping to squeeze one more week out of Fred Jackson.

I was able to pick up Jackson, but will Lynch start this week?

I have to choose between

Jackson, Rudi, Fred Taylor, Peterson (chic) as my #2 today..... :D

Buffalo Homers what's the scoop.

Edited by nhoops

I personally don't read too much into this. It sort of reminds me of all the talk around Kenton Keith when Addai was hurt earlier this year. Keith had a couple of decent games and everyone was saying that he would cut into Addai's production and playing time. Once Addai got back to 100%, it was all about him. There is a reason Addai was the starter and Keith was the backup to start the season. Same thing with why Jackson has been a practice teamer and Lynch was a first round gem.

Marshawn Lynch is an every down back and because of his age he is obviously the Bills back of the future. Despite all the chatter, you'd be crazy to think that anyone other than Lynch is the man in Buffalo. While Lynch is recovering there may be some RBBC, but it's his show to run when he's healthy.

There's been a coupe of threads about this. Jauron has talked about using a RBBC in the past, but Lynch has been the main back the whole way until he got hurt. When Lynch comes back, he'll be the main back once again. I'd expect maybe 10 carries tops out of Jackson when Lynch comes back.

There's been a coupe of threads about this. Jauron has talked about using a RBBC in the past, but Lynch has been the main back the whole way until he got hurt. When Lynch comes back, he'll be the main back once again. I'd expect maybe 10 carries tops out of Jackson when Lynch comes back.

This is what I think as well. I remember Jauron pimping a RBBC all preseason and we see how that went. If healthy or available to them, a workhorse back is preferred by every coach in the league, BUFF has one and they will use him as such.

Edited by Hat Trick

Since the Bills are in the hunt for a wild card spot, it seems more likely that they'll want Marshawn Lynch back on the field sooner than later, even if it means he can't carry the entire load. Think about it - he's an explosive player and the Bills' best threat. They need him if they want to make the playoffs. Fortunately, they play the hapless Dolphins this weekend at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if the eased Lynch back in starting next week. It sucks, but it makes sense for them to want Lynch 100% for a playoff push. For that to happen, he probably needs to share a significant number of carries for a game, maybe two. The timing couldn't be worse here.