[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Commish's Help needed

alchico

No this isn't about bad trades, collusion, circumventing the rules, tanking or anything like that.

I've never commished a league on MFL and was wondering if i need to do anything special for the playoffs. I entered the teams in the brackets. Do i have have to do anything for the scoring to count? Do i have to re-enter the matchups next week? Anything else i need to do? Don't want anything to go wrong.

Thanks

You shouldn't have to but check every week to make sure settings hold.

I often find they need some tinkering. This year may be worse as I have noticed more problems than normal.

As long as you have the teams in there, have them seeded correctly & have the bracket set up there shouldn't be anything else you have to do. I've never heard of anyone having problems with it. :D

I'm no "expert," but if any of you would like me to take a look then I'd be happy to help.

I've never been able to figure out how to run playoffs succesfully through MFL, I usually just end up setting matchups manually.

Once I set up a bracket (had to do one manually because we use seven teams), and I've seeded the teams - do I still need to go into the Fantasy Schedule Setup option and manually set up matchups?

Also - is there a way to set up the brackets such that the teams are reseeded each round, rather than having winner of game 1 play winner of game 2, and so on?

I've never been able to figure out how to run playoffs succesfully through MFL, I usually just end up setting matchups manually.

Once I set up a bracket (had to do one manually because we use seven teams), and I've seeded the teams - do I still need to go into the Fantasy Schedule Setup option and manually set up matchups?

Yes, it's usually better to do it this way. I made the mistake this year of putting in the teams as they are actually seeded & resulted in cross-conference matchups. I find it best to just manually put in the matchups so that you are sure to have them done correctly.

Also - is there a way to set up the brackets such that the teams are reseeded each round, rather than having winner of game 1 play winner of game 2, and so on?

Currently no, the only setting right now is the "winner of" one. I'm not certain if that option is different if your league is set up as a total points league though. However you can do it manually each week.

Edited by rajncajn

I like setting the teams manually each week also.

The brackets are fine for a "canned" playoff system, but if you have a losers bracket (maybe a 3rd place $$ award or something similar) or you re-seed after the first round, the canned approach can be a real pain in the ass.

Setting manually takes 30 seconds & you'll know the right teams are in the right place when games are played.