[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donovan McNabb

Avernus

I just saw on ESPN his response to the question "do you think you'll be anymore appreciated if you play this Sunday?"

his response "probably not"

I swear he's the one person who complains more than Philly fans...

are you serious? Why would he be appreciated more for playing this week?

McNabb was a communications major at Syracuse(not sure if he has his degree but i think he does)....His answer is like an answer a politician gives you....Fans that dont appreciate McNabb wont appreciate him more for playing this week, those that do wont appreciate him anymore for playing this week....if it was a SB then i am sure his answer would be different but for the most part there is a large contingent of fans that love to shoulder all the blame on McNabb and then even on Reid....they have damn short memories of what we had as a franchise prior to them

are you serious? Why would he be appreciated more for playing this week?

McNabb was a communications major at Syracuse(not sure if he has his degree but i think he does)....His answer is like an answer a politician gives you....Fans that dont appreciate McNabb wont appreciate him more for playing this week, those that do wont appreciate him anymore for playing this week....if it was a SB then i am sure his answer would be different but for the most part there is a large contingent of fans that love to shoulder all the blame on McNabb and then even on Reid....they have damn short memories of what we had as a franchise prior to them

exactly...but the "probably not" response is typical for him...

I would have been happy with "it doesn't matter, I plan to play anyways"

exactly...but the "probably not" response is typical for him...

I would have been happy with "it doesn't matter, I plan to play anyways"

it doesnt matter says he doesnt care about what the fans think....that imo is a :D

maybe he could have said "I dont know" or something but i dont see anything wrong with "probably not"

Hell, I give him props for being both honest and very much understanding the Philly fans - cause he's right. He can throw for 4TD's and win the game, but lets say when we're up 35-7, he happens to throw a pick for a meaningless TD at the end of the game, you can bet that'll get a ton of airtime.

I still don't understand the scorn that is heaped on him, nor the instant "AJ Feely is our savior...ignore the fact he lost both his starts for us" that comes out of Philly every time.

What's interesting is that on the Eagles website, McNabb won the "best Qb in Eagles history" in a landslide, as did Reid as coach. Yet we have a slightly down year, with the QB still recovering and the coach having some issues, and we're ready to throw them both out the door....

I really hope McNabb doesn't leave, and if he does and comes back to play us next year, a part of me will be rooting for him to stick it to us (although what I'll really hope for is probably a 42-41 win by the Eagles so McNabb sticks it to us, but we still win)

it doesnt matter says he doesnt care about what the fans think....that imo is a :D

maybe he could have said "I dont know" or something but i dont see anything wrong with "probably not"

no...after what he's said...he needs way thicker skin...

when he says "probably not"....the way he says it is sort of like "poor me, I go underappreciated all the time"...

he's just always complaining and with this comment...he's just complaining some more... like he just can't get a break :D

Hell, I give him props for being both honest and very much understanding the Philly fans - cause he's right. He can throw for 4TD's and win the game, but lets say when we're up 35-7, he happens to throw a pick for a meaningless TD at the end of the game, you can bet that'll get a ton of airtime.

I still don't understand the scorn that is heaped on him, nor the instant "AJ Feely is our savior...ignore the fact he lost both his starts for us" that comes out of Philly every time.

What's interesting is that on the Eagles website, McNabb won the "best Qb in Eagles history" in a landslide, as did Reid as coach. Yet we have a slightly down year, with the QB still recovering and the coach having some issues, and we're ready to throw them both out the door....

I really hope McNabb doesn't leave, and if he does and comes back to play us next year, a part of me will be rooting for him to stick it to us (although what I'll really hope for is probably a 42-41 win by the Eagles so McNabb sticks it to us, but we still win)

exactly...I want him back...but he just needs to stop complaining is all...

Think I'd have to see it to really weigh in, but I'm prob. going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing - 9 years into an almost HOF like career, he's being run out of town - not sure I'm going to blame him for answering a question in this way.

Think I'd have to see it to really weigh in, but I'm prob. going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing - 9 years into an almost HOF like career, he's being run out of town - not sure I'm going to blame him for answering a question in this way.

but he's felt that way even before he was being run out of town...

I was calling him overrated before Limbaugh and then I was one of the 1st to give him credit when he started really sticking it out...

this was back in 03...

he's been complaining long before TO came to town or when one of the NAACP members attacked him...

and he still doesn't seem to shut up about draft day...