[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre can't go this weekend

Sturphy

Then I'm assuming that the offensive system currently used in GB is similar to the one used in the Sherman era?

MM's terminology is different, but just as complicated as any other WCO scheme. While Sherman used a power running game with deeper passes, MM seems to have a more traditional form with shorter passes and long gains after the catch, with a dash of Martyball thrown in here and there. They also have the ZBS, but I don't think of it as a true ZBS like Denver runs. MM is unique in that he will throw a lot of different looks at you, which has confused defenses fairly well this season. His playcalling up until Dallas has been pretty fun to watch.

Edited by budlitebrad

MM's terminology is different, but just as complicated as any other WCO scheme. While Sherman used a power running game with deeper passes, MM seems to have a more traditional form with shorter passes and long gains after the catch, with a dash of Martyball thrown in here and there. They also have the ZBS, but I don't think of it as a true ZBS like Denver runs. MM is unique in that he will throw a lot of different looks at you, which has confused defenses fairly well this season. His playcalling up until Dallas has been pretty fun to watch.

Nicely put BLB.

:D

Sounds a little better.

McCarthy: Favre throwing ball well

Brett Favre wasn't asked to make any bullet passes in practice today, but he looked good throwing the ball while taking about 70 percent of his normal workload, coach Mike McCarthy said.

"I think Brett's going to be fine for Sunday," McCarthy said of Favre, who injured his right (throwing) elbow and left shoulder in last week's loss at Dallas. "I'm not taking anything out or limiting anything that I'm asking him to do that I would normally ask him to do."

McCarthy reiterated Craig Nall "probably" will be the Packers' No. 2 quarterback Sunday against Oakland because of Aaron Rodgers' hamstring injury.

"I think he's done a great job with the terminology," McCarthy said of Nall, signed Saturday. "That's his biggest challenge. He has some carryover to the snap count, the mechanics of running the huddle. ... I've been impressed with the timing with his receivers, and the language will be his biggest challenge."

Packers Injury Update; QB Favre Looks Ready

Greg A. Bedard, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel -

Green Bay Packers HC Mike McCarthy said Jason Spitz and Junius Coston will start at left and right guard, respectively against the Raiders. McCarthy also said that CB Charles Woodson (toe) had a good practice today, but will still be questionable. "I thought he looked pretty good," McCarthy said. "He's really picked up his progress in rehab. He looked pretty natural out there today. We'll see how he feels tomorrow and then make a decision." QB Brett Favre "threw the ball well today" according to the coach, and will not be hindered against Oakland.