[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Buckeyes flop again in title game

Rockerbraves

Mike Celizic of MSNBC said "Either beat LSU, a two-loss SEC team, or we pass a new rule for the BCS that would go something like this: Two losses in the SEC or Big 12 are equal to zero losses in the Big Ten. So unless a Big Ten team is undefeated and nobody else is around to play for the title, the Big Ten doesn’t get in.

http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/22075856/

Any thoughts? :D

If you havent been bested in regulation, but twice lost to unranked teams, in triple OT, are you still undefeated?

Per one idiot, its 2 ties, which count as 1 loss.

Per the rest of the world - Its 2 loses, as games are played until they are decided and there is no tie in college football

Seems to me when you are #1 twice and lose both times ranked there, you dont desrve to be there. And when you lose at home in your last home game of the yr, you certainly dont deserve to be #2.

How this happened, Ill never know. Maybe Les is blowing someone somewhere.

Seems to me when you are #1 twice and lose both times ranked there, you dont desrve to be there. And when you lose at home in your last home game of the yr, you certainly dont deserve to be #2.

Some might say this is a sign of a great team. Coming back from a devasting home loss, going into a hostile enviroment with only your backup quarterback, your best defensive lineman playing on one leg, your coach rumored to be leaving, yet you still manage to win arguably the toughest conference championship against a red hot Tennessee team that had won 7 out of their last 8 games including a 35-14 win over Georgia.

Sarge not sure how long it's going to take for you to realize OK might have a legit case over the Bucks but not the Tigers. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Some might say this is a sign of a great team. Coming back from a devasting home loss, going into a hostile enviroment with only your backup quarterback, your best defensive lineman playing on one leg, your coach rumored to be leave, yet you still manage to win arguably the toughest conference championship against a red hot Tennessee team that had won 5 games in a row.

Sarge not sure how long it's going to take for you to realize OK might have a legit case over the Bucks but not the Tigers. :D

I will give LSU props for guttig it out. But Perilouexeuuexe is probably better than the starter and one player does not a defense make. Also, since when does 5 games maan crap in college football? Especially when there is only one ranked team in the 5 game span, South Carolina. Besides that I dont really have a comment for the rest of this post. How many teams have lost 2 bowl games in a row? How many have lost 2 championships in a row? Not sure, but throughout sports its a lot. To even suggest there should be some sort of handicapping for an entire conference is silly. Oh, look at there, I did have a comment.

I will give LSU props for guttig it out. But Perilouexeuuexe is probably better than the starter and one player does not a defense make. Also, since when does 5 games maan crap in college football? Especially when there is only one ranked team in the 5 game span, South Carolina. Besides that I dont really have a comment for the rest of this post. How many teams have lost 2 bowl games in a row? How many have lost 2 championships in a row? Not sure, but throughout sports its a lot. To even suggest there should be some sort of handicapping for an entire conference is silly. Oh, look at there, I did have a comment.

You do understand it's an article. I'm not necessarily in agreement.

I do however think there will be alot of pressure on the Buckeyes to perform better this time.

Edit: I did fixed that 5 in a row crap. Does that sound more red hot? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

You do understand it's an article. I'm not necessarily in agreement.

I do however think there will be alot of pressure on the Buckeyes to perform better this time.

Edit: I did fixed that 5 in a row crap. Does that sound more red hot? :D

Agreed. There is a lot of pressure on OSU to win this game. I realize you didnt write it but saying you are not in agreement is kind of a cop out. You posted it for a reason and you spew this king of thing on a daily basis. Although I believe 90% of is just trying to get TOSU's goat. Anyway, I googled this guy since I had never heard of him. This is not the only article he has written that makes him look like an idiot.

Some might say this is a sign of a great team. Coming back from a devasting home loss, going into a hostile enviroment with only your backup quarterback, your best defensive lineman playing on one leg, your coach rumored to be leaving, yet you still manage to win arguably the toughest conference championship against a red hot Tennessee team that had won 7 out of their last 8 games including a 35-14 win over Georgia.

How hostile was the SEC Champ game. Looked more LSU fans than Tenn. And give it a rest, the NC game will be a 85% to 15% LSU to OSU fans in the dome.

Georgia is the best team in the SEC, and early season loses hurt them from proving it. LSU lost repeatedly down the stretch and still backing into this game. Its a COMPLETE JOKE.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Smartest thing the Big 10 ever did was NOT having the conference championship game. Saves them from ever playing themselves OUT of the NC, something the Big 12 has done many times already.

The fact that they dont have a choice has been beat to death on these boards. They need a 12th team. And I have said it before and I will say it again, without the SEC championship game LSU doesnt get in. I dont hear them crying now. You cant have it both ways.

The fact that they dont have a choice has been beat to death on these boards. They need a 12th team. And I have said it before and I will say it again, without the SEC championship game LSU doesnt get in. I dont hear them crying now. You cant have it both ways.

You don't hear me complaining, especially considering the SEC Championship game helped a SEC get in the big game last year as well. :D

You don't hear me complaining, especially considering the SEC Championship game helped a SEC get in the big game last year as well. :D

Exactly, so to hold it against any conference that doesnt have one is just short sighted. The conference championships help exactly as many teams as they hurt. Not having one doesnt help or hurt anyone. Its a wash.

Exactly, so to hold it against any conference that doesnt have one is just short sighted. The conference championships help exactly as many teams as they hurt. Not having one doesnt help or hurt anyone. Its a wash.

It did hurt Michigan last year and USC a few years back. As a Big 10 fan I'm surprised you guys don't demand one. It's more fun than most bowl games at least in the SEC. Not to sure the ACC or Big 12 would agree. :D

It did hurt Michigan last year and USC a few years back. As a Big 10 fan I'm surprised you guys don't demand one. It's more fun than most bowl games at least in the SEC. Not to sure the ACC or Big 12 would agree. :D

OU is 5-1 in Big 12 Champ games, and was still #1 in the BCS after their only loss. Hasnt hurt us a bit.

What hurt Michigan is not winning the Big 10.

OU is 5-1 in Big 12 Champ games, and was still #1 in the BCS after their only loss. Hasnt hurt us a bit.

Can't see to many OK fans getting up for your conference championship game year end and year out like the SEC fans do since your Sooners haven't had any real competition.

You should wish that Missouri and Kansas are not one year wonders. The big 12 could benefit from having more consistently top 20 teams like they did this year.

Bucks fans WILL NOT allow this to happen, i can guarentee you that. We'll have 45-60 K fans down for the game tailgating and hopefully carry 40-50% of the stadium.

I personally witnessed, this year, the following of the Buckeye fans in the greatest stadium in College Football, Husky Stadium. They were confident, not cocky and they filled 10,000 of our 70,000 seats. If they will come that far for an early season game against a lower tier PAC-10 club I guarantee you they will own 35% of the Superdome. Still, a great advantage for the Tigers but I believe Ohio State overcomes it and sends a message to the Tiger fans that they have'nt seen in a while.

Ohio State 34

LSU 24

I personally witnessed, this year, the following of the Buckeye fans in the greatest stadium in College Football, Husky Stadium. They were confident, not cocky and they filled 10,000 of our 70,000 seats. If they will come that far for an early season game against a lower tier PAC-10 club I guarantee you they will own 35% of the Superdome. Still, a great advantage for the Tigers but I believe Ohio State overcomes it and sends a message to the Tiger fans that they have'nt seen in a while.

Hopefully the rest of the buckeye fans coming down to New orleans are stronger than TOS when they get Tiger Baited. :D

Can't see to many OK fans getting up for your conference championship game year end and year out like the SEC fans do since your Sooners haven't had any real competition.

You should wish that Missouri and Kansas are not one year wonders. The big 12 could benefit from having more consistently top 20 teams like they did this year.

Unlike you, Sooner fans get up for every Sooner game. Regardless if its a scrimmage, like if we are playing LSU, or the #1 team in the country, when we waxed Missouri.

The SEC is down this yr, and it will show mightily in the bowls, and hopefully that will end the argument about this being one of the top 2 conferences in the country. Clearly the Big 12, and Pac-10 are the best two, and SEC is a distant 3rd.

Unlike you, Sooner fans get up for every Sooner game. Regardless if its a scrimmage, like if we are playing LSU, or the #1 team in the country, when we waxed Missouri.

The SEC is down this yr, and it will show mightily in the bowls, and hopefully that will end the argument about this being one of the top 2 conferences in the country. Clearly the Big 12, and Pac-10 are the best two, and SEC is a distant 3rd.

You mean like the Big 12 Champions losing to Little Boise State. :D

I personally witnessed, this year, the following of the Buckeye fans in the greatest stadium in College Football, Husky Stadium.

Now it makes sense. :D

Professor you were hurt because I posted that Golic called your team a schmuck. So you were trying to get even by dissing my team. :D

Nah bet you were teaching me a lesson "treat others as you would like to be treated" :wacko: