[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I've figured out

Bring Back Pat!!!

So I've been watching this game tonight, between two teams that need a win to keep their season alive, and there's no crowd noise. NFL Network must have diiferent/less mic's or something, because their broadcasts sound like they're not even there. Even after the Skins score, you can barely hear the crowd. Something is just off. The production quality is awful.

So I've been watching this game tonight, between two teams that need a win to keep their season alive, and there's no crowd noise. NFL Network must have diiferent/less mic's or something, because their broadcasts sound like they're not even there. Even after the Skins score, you can barely hear the crowd. Something is just off. The production quality is awful.

But the announcers voices are ringing in my head!!!!

But the announcers voices are ringing in my head!!!!

or Grumble saying that Garrett Wolfe is like Dunn and Westbrook cause small quick RBs are envogue...

Wolfe 5'7" 187lbs

Dunn 5' 9" 187

Westy 5' 10" 203

granted Dunn is a pretty good comparison but Westy is just plain :D

Fox is the same way - even worse. CBS has the best game broadcast - like you pointed out, it's all about the crowd noise, it enhances the enthusiasm and intensity of a game. This weekend, watch part of a game on FOX, guarantee you'll notice the same thing.

Fox is the same way - even worse. CBS has the best game broadcast - like you pointed out, it's all about the crowd noise, it enhances the enthusiasm and intensity of a game. This weekend, watch part of a game on FOX, guarantee you'll notice the same thing.

The Patriots/Colts game proved that CBS enhances the crowd noise artificially.

:D I do see more CBS games (being in the NE market) so maybe I'm used to their artificially enhanced crowd noise. Whatever it is, this sounds like when I watch the UNH game on the local station Saturday's at noon. :D

fox, cbs, espn and nbc all broadcast in surround sound. nfl network doesn't (at least, not during tonight's game -- my receiver said it was in stereo).

edit: just saw ursa's post. i thought fox did broadcast in 5.1.

Edited by montster

I wonder if the production issues are because they are relatively new in the business of broadcasting NFL games. :D

I definitely think this. Even with FOX, although it has been around longer than NFL network, still not as profitable as the mammoth CBS. I hate watching games on FOX.

or Grumble saying that Garrett Wolfe is like Dunn and Westbrook cause small quick RBs are envogue...

Wolfe 5'7" 187lbs

Dunn 5' 9" 187

Westy 5' 10" 203

granted Dunn is a pretty good comparison but Westy is just plain :D

All 3 are small and quick. Whats the problem with what he said. Westy's 203 is very small for todays NFL RB. Or did you not know that.

CBS uses surround sound on their HD broadcast, Fox doesn't. That might be why the crowd noise sounds different.

NFL Network games just plain suck.

I was referring to the loopback issues that CBS had with the Pats/Colts game where the Pats accused the Colts of piping in artificial crowd noise but it was actually an issue with CBS putting artificial crowd noise in the broadcast.

I'll take Fox over CBS anyday. CBS seems to have more commercials, and way more tv show input.

Gumble, what an idiot, "Field Goal GOOD!!!!" "oh wait, no it's not"

i lol'd when he said that!....he called it BEFORE the officials called it....."my bad"

the crowd sounds so far away, and put that together with Gumbo's disinterested ho-hum voice,

makes for a boring broadcast....

I was referring to the loopback issues that CBS had with the Pats/Colts game where the Pats accused the Colts of piping in artificial crowd noise but it was actually an issue with CBS putting artificial crowd noise in the broadcast.

Gotcha. When there are simultaneous games on CBS and Fox, switching back and forth between the two makes it very clear CBS has infinitely superior sound to Fox, though.

Side note: Notice how the volume at least doubles when the commercials come on?

fox, cbs, espn and nbc all broadcast in surround sound. nfl network doesn't (at least, not during tonight's game -- my receiver said it was in stereo).

edit: just saw ursa's post. i thought fox did broadcast in 5.1.

Fox is in 5.1, but I think he means that CBS pumps up the mic volume for the surround sound. I think CBS picture quality is superior to FOX, CBS is in 1080i, (when they dont upconvert), and Fox is in 720P. However, I like the FOX pregame show, without a doubt, imo, the best of all pregame shows...

I'll take Fox over CBS anyday. CBS seems to have more commercials, and way more tv show input.
I'd love to be able to say that. My local Fox station still hasn't decided if this HD thingy is going to take off so they refuse to purchase the equipment. HD > SD in my book anyday.