[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker

Flip_Side

12.06.07 - Parker, Willie

After coughing up two fumbles and nearly losing two others, Willie Parker will ditch the rubber arm sleeves he wore last week.

Impact: Though Parker claims they helped him to grip the ball, a promise to a young fan will keep Fast Willie sleeveless against the Pats. Though Fast Willie has struggled of late, the Steelers power running game has a chance to succeed against a suddenly vulnerable Patriots run defense.

This means that Willie will have a breakout game guys!

I seem to recall several years back when Ahman Green was with the Packers and going through a really bad stretch of Fumble-itis. He was wearing those black rubber arm bands and apparently they get slick in cold and wet weather. I'll be the first person to say those arm bands look cool, but you think someone could have told FWP that they are not good to wear in rainy conditions? :D

My God, if Madden said one more word about the damn arm bands during that game I was going to throw something at the TV. Is this coaching by television, or are they really slick? After the big deal he made about them, can anybody wear them now without getting harassed if he fumbles?

My God, if Madden said one more word about the damn arm bands during that game I was going to throw something at the TV. Is this coaching by television, or are they really slick? After the big deal he made about them, can anybody wear them now without getting harassed if he fumbles?

< NOD >

Madden wouldn't shut up about them sleeves.

Parker said that it didn't have anything to do with what Madden said on the air. He said that some kid asked him not to wear the arm bands and he promised that he wasn't going to wear them for him. :D

Wow, did he toss him his jersey and chug a bottle of Coke, too? "Hey, kid."

Man, you have to be old to remember that.

I seem to recall several years back when Ahman Green was with the Packers and going through a really bad stretch of Fumble-itis. He was wearing those black rubber arm bands and apparently they get slick in cold and wet weather. I'll be the first person to say those arm bands look cool, but you think someone could have told FWP that they are not good to wear in rainy conditions? :D

I started Green that night and it was obvious to me and the other millions of viewers that the rubber in the rain was "counter productive" to say the least, and it seems like common sense. How a coach wouldn't know that going into a game is beyond me.

the bus is the only player i can remember having success with those things.

If you look at the cover of Beckett Monthly this month, Adrian Peterson is wearing them and they are all chewed up from finger nails and being clawed when tackled

Still the 3rd quarter, 95 yards for Willie so far, not too shabby ... but you'd think for the love of Mike, that just by the law of large flippin' numbers, he'd GET INTO THE EZ EVERY NOW AND AGAIN and today would be a good day to do so.

Carry on.