[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Fans .....

theprofessor

Okay for the injury report, but who is actually going to put him in their lineup.

I'm a Holmes owner and benching him in favor of Furrey.

I got burned earlier this year when he "tweaked a hammy" during wramups.

Any how, it's against the Pats - does anyone think he'll be a huge factor in the game? :D

Not so much the matchup with the Pats D that I'm worried about, it's more the fact he is completely off the injury report after being out for weeks. Could this be a case of playing a little injury tomfoolery? I'd hate to start him and then he barely plays even though he's not on the "injury report".

Playoff time and I have to pick between Fitzgerald and Holmes.....to start along with Marshall. I picked up Gonzalez last week figuring he has to go off at somepoint as Peyton's #2, but I don't want to be forced to start him again this week.

Not so much the matchup with the Pats D that I'm worried about, it's more the fact he is completely off the injury report after being out for weeks. Could this be a case of playing a little injury tomfoolery? I'd hate to start him and then he barely plays even though he's not on the "injury report".

Playoff time and I have to pick between Fitzgerald and Holmes.....to start along with Marshall. I picked up Gonzalez last week figuring he has to go off at somepoint as Peyton's #2, but I don't want to be forced to start him again this week.

Im starting him over Lee Evans which virtually assures Lee Evans a monster game. But im starting Santonio.

look at this little tidbit on rotoworld It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!? :D

Santonio Holmes-WR- Steelers Dec. 7 - 3:22 pm et

The Associated Press reports Santonio Holmes "struggled" through Friday's practice, but he is not on the Steelers' injury report.

Holmes, who was dealing with a high ankle sprain up until this week, practiced fully on Friday and told the AP that he plans to play. Since he is not on the injury report, he's not believed to be in danger of sitting out. But this is a clear sign that fantasy owners should probably look for other options Sunday.

look at this little tidbit on rotoworld It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!? :D

The Associated Press reports Santonio Holmes "struggled" through Friday's practice, but he is not on the Steelers' injury report.

Holmes, who was dealing with a high ankle sprain up until this week, practiced fully on Friday and told the AP that he plans to play. Since he is not on the injury report, he's not believed to be in danger of sitting out. But this is a clear sign that fantasy owners should probably look for other options Sunday.

This news doesn't make me too happy.

Hmmm...I thought it was a tad strange that a guy missing a game with a high ankle sprain would be fine the following Wednesday.

My thinking (which is admittedly wishful) is that Pitt wouldnt let him practice or play if they thought he couldnt be effective and was only going to reinjure it. The Steelers are more than likely a playoff team even if they lose @ NE. So for them to play him and risk losing him for more weeks seems ill-advised to me.

Man, I hate to pull him for a lesser receiver (especially 1st round) but I don't need him out there decoying to have 3 catches at 40 yards (I could play L. Evans for that). I might have to go with another option (too bad they all suck).

Although he may have "practiced fully" the report from nfl.com says he's still in alot of pain and he's gutting it out because he wants to play. That's doesn't translate into him playing well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=7...mp;confirm=true

EDIT : Ugh, why did they remove the article? Sorry. looking for it.

EDIT : Ok, they moved it. That's the article. Sounds like the Steelers wanted him to sit out this week too.

Edited by SuperCharger

From the Huddle Sunday report:

PITTSBURGH

WR Santonio Holmes - Practiced fully this week and is expected to play.

What's this all about?

It sounds like the Steelers have a rule that if you don't practice on Friday, you don't play. Holmes went through practice but basically limped through it. Holmes himself said he was looking for a game-time decision on his status for this week.

It is very odd that he isn't on the injury report if he has been limited in practice. I'm starting him in some leagues, but am playing Winslow over him in another.

Many teams enjoy screwing with the Patriots on the injury report when they play them. But in this case, if he doesn't go or is limited in the game, I don't see any justification for not having him listed on the injury report.