[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Castle sliders

budlitebrad

We don't get white castles in these parts, but does bring me back to my youth, teenage years, in Cincinnati, OH. Ate, maybe twelve, who knows, then went to my softball game or baseball game, can't remember, but do remember barfing in left field. Don't eat the Whities and then do anything remotely aerobic afterwards.

There is a Whitey's about 30 miles away - I can only occasionally justify the drive there.

But when my wife and I went to watch the Pack play Cincy, our friends made her take me back to the hotel because I had passed out at the bar (standing up, amazingly enough) and there was a WC about a block away. I got a 10-pack, and figured "5 or 6 tonight, the rest for breakfast"; once I hit #7, I figured what the hell and wolfed them all down. She has a pic of me sitting amid the boxes with a big drunken grin on my face.

I just wish White Castle would upgrade their heinous fries.

Having spent large portions of my life in White Castle land I believe I have consumed at least half-a-cow's worth of White Castle meat which equates to about 10,005 burgers, maybe more. 30 Pack? A good start back in the old days. But the fries are god-awful, for sure. McDonald's fries and White Castle burgers and a Steak 'n Shake shake would be the perfect combo meal.

There is a Whitey's about 30 miles away - I can only occasionally justify the drive there.

But when my wife and I went to watch the Pack play Cincy, our friends made her take me back to the hotel because I had passed out at the bar (standing up, amazingly enough) and there was a WC about a block away. I got a 10-pack, and figured "5 or 6 tonight, the rest for breakfast"; once I hit #7, I figured what the hell and wolfed them all down. She has a pic of me sitting amid the boxes with a big drunken grin on my face.

I just wish White Castle would upgrade their heinous fries.

Hey I like the fries. I like me 2 big fat Double Cheese with everything, sack of fries, chicken ring sandwich or maybe a fish sandwich, cheese sticks, and a big fat coke which is also pretty good.

Our family likes White Castle. There are none in the area here. We buy the frozen chit in the stores once in a while, not quite the same.

We usually try to get some when we are in an area that has them (Indy or Dayton, OH usually).

We do like the fries as well!

edit: Now I'm hungry for some, wonder if the Mrs. is up for a road trip. :D

Edited by Gunther

The key is to order the cheese-fries. Then let the cheese coagulate a little bit and then put the fries into a white castle hamburger and eat them all together at once.

Good info here about the cheese fries. Putting them on the burger, well that's just odd.

i dunno, maybe once you eat several dozen of these they actually start to taste good. i've had em a couple times when in the midwest, and i was definitely not impressed. or maybe i just wasn't drunk enough. :D

I don't get it either....As far as regional burger chains go...In N Out is way better.

I don't get it either....As far as regional burger chains go...In N Out is way better.

Totally different burger though. I compare In and Out to Steak and Shake here in the midwest.

Whiteys are definitely an acquired taste and I'll be honest I can only tear into them when drunk. When sober I'm lucky to put away 3.

Edited by twiley