[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Castle sliders

budlitebrad

When ordering sliders make sure you say "everything" on them or whatever you like. For me I like the Ketchup / Mustard mix along with the pickles and of course the fried onions they are in. Dry whities are not that great.

For those of you concerned about the belly-bombers being too dry, the solution is to take the top buns off of two hamburgers and then combine the patties and bottom buns from the remaining hamburgers into one double-hamburger. (Also, they should really be cheeseburgers and not hamburgers.) If you are concerned that you will be wasting food, don't worry, if you are drunk enough you will still go ahead and eat the top portion of the buns after you have finished everything else. Also, the shakes at White Castle are pretty good too. Get one of them as well to wash everything down.

First of all.....I have a Doctorate, Summa Kum Laude, degree in White Castle Burgerology! Been eating them since before yall were even a wanna-be-born sperm cell. Sliders are unique! Copied, poorly at best, but never duplicated. More comments below....

Our family likes White Castle. There are none in the area here. We buy the frozen chit in the stores once in a while, not quite the same.

Gotta get them fresh! That greasy cardboard/cooked animal flesh w/ a scent of onion smell has to permeate the leather interior of your car so you can enjoy the rich vapors for at least a week afterward! I usually keep the windows rolled up and turn off the AC or heater to contain that smell, and after consumption of same, will toss the grease/onion scented wrappers and bag into my back seat to sustain the vapors as long as possible.

The key is to order the cheese-fries. Then let the cheese coagulate a little bit and then put the fries into a white castle hamburger and eat them all together at once.

You are a sick man! :wacko: Cheese fries are for:

1) Wuss's

2) Caulking a bath tub!

I don't get it either....As far as regional burger chains go...In N Out is way better.

Your tastebuds need a re-alignment! In N Out is not a comparison to WC's. Maybe Wendy's or S & S. WC has been around even longer than me! :D Patented <1oz patty, steamed NOT fried with 5 holes drilled in them so they cook w/o flipping, on a bed of onions, with the bun on top holding in all the juices! You may not like them, and that I understand, but the are comparable to none other....except maybe a few copycats that fall wayyyyy short!

My car has a WC magnet. If I drive by one and am sober, or if the wife is driving and I'm tipsy, the car will automatically pull into the drive thru! 3 double cheezers w/ fries are also automatic!

BTW, WC fries beat out all but Micky D's. for a chain place. Wendy's are meh, BK sucks, and those skinny S&S fries are just ok. But there are still some places, though recently I'm not sure where, offer handcut fries! Dose are da best!!! Used to be a place in Berwyn and Forest Park called Parky's that were fantastic, but haven't been there in years. In the 60's you'd get a double 1 pound bag w/ a hotdog and all the trimmings, and half the bag was handcut fries! The doublebag was needed so that it didn't fall apart! :D Price....$0.25! :D

First of all.....I have a Doctorate, Summa Kum Laude, degree in White Castle Burgerology! Been eating them since before yall were even a wanna-be-born sperm cell. Sliders are unique! Copied, poorly at best, but never duplicated. More comments below....

Gotta get them fresh! That greasy cardboard/cooked animal flesh w/ a scent of onion smell has to permeate the leather interior of your car so you can enjoy the rich vapors for at least a week afterward! I usually keep the windows rolled up and turn off the AC or heater to contain that smell, and after consumption of same, will toss the grease/onion scented wrappers and bag into my back seat to sustain the vapors as long as possible.

You are a sick man! :D Cheese fries are for:

1) Wuss's

2) Caulking a bath tub!

Your tastebuds need a re-alignment! In N Out is not a comparison to WC's. Maybe Wendy's or S & S. WC has been around even longer than me! :D Patented <1oz patty, steamed NOT fried with 5 holes drilled in them so they cook w/o flipping, on a bed of onions, with the bun on top holding in all the juices! You may not like them, and that I understand, but the are comparable to none other....except maybe a few copycats that fall wayyyyy short!

My car has a WC magnet. If I drive by one and am sober, or if the wife is driving and I'm tipsy, the car will automatically pull into the drive thru! 3 double cheezers w/ fries are also automatic!

BTW, WC fries beat out all but Micky D's. for a chain place. Wendy's are meh, BK sucks, and those skinny S&S fries are just ok. But there are still some places, though recently I'm not sure where, offer handcut fries! Dose are da best!!! Used to be a place in Berwyn and Forest Park called Parky's that were fantastic, but haven't been there in years. In the 60's you'd get a double 1 pound bag w/ a hotdog and all the trimmings, and half the bag was handcut fries! The doublebag was needed so that it didn't fall apart! :D Price....$0.25! :D

It's posts like these that make me want to drive 90 miles to our closest WC and get a 30 pack. :wacko:

uhh :wacko: no that is whitecastle. :D i think one of us must be confused about something. you WERE saying whitecastles are better, were you not? :D

Ahhhh NO! 2 different comments:

"Your tastebuds need a re-alignment!" Meaning: "WC's are great, but one might need to acquire a taste for them." Keyword: re-alignment

In N Out is not a comparison to WC's. Maybe Wendy's or S & S." Meaning: "Wendy's and/or S&S would be a better comparison."

I only had one once in CA, I think. Long time ago, and it was OK.

In N Out is not a comparison to WC's. Maybe Wendy's or S & S." Meaning: "Wendy's and/or S&S would be a better comparison."

Not sure what S&S is. Although Wendys style is closer to IN-N-Out I think the quality is between the 2 isn't all that close; In-N-Out tastes significantly fresher and "homemade" to me. And you can't beat fresh cut potatoes for fries.

I guess I understand the White Castle thing now....but I just heard a buzz about them for years. I was expecting something completely different.

Not sure what S&S is. Although Wendys style is closer to IN-N-Out I think the quality is between the 2 isn't all that close; In-N-Out tastes significantly fresher and "homemade" to me. And you can't beat fresh cut potatoes for fries.

I guess I understand the White Castle thing now....but I just heard a buzz about them for years. I was expecting something completely different.

steak and shake... had it once.. pretty good, but not sure i would call it fast food.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steak and shake... had it once.. pretty good, but not sure i would call it fast food.

Yeah, the burgers are cooked to order. It's more of a fast food diner.

There's a place right up the street from me called Carl's Drive-In. Think steak and shake but 100 times better...and S&S makes good burgers too!

Edited by twiley

speaking of which..........

THE IN-N-OUT BURGER BOWL TRIP

Dec. 27: Holiday Bowl in San Diego, Texas vs. Arizona State, 5 p.m.

(Click here for Holiday Bowl Stadium Guide and to purchase game tickets)

Fly into San Diego and immediately drive to the beach. Roll up pants and take off shoes and socks. Feel the sand between your toes and breathe in the invigorating salty air. Skip some stones across the surf. Watch the crashing waves. Check out the bodies on the beach. Feel your cares magically slipping away. Consider moving here while savoring a fish taco from Rubio's. Check out the real estate market. Devastated by home prices, drown your sorrows at the game.

Dec. 28: Emerald Bowl in San Francisco, Maryland vs. Oregon State, 5:30 p.m.

(Click here for Emerald Bowl Stadium Guide and to purchase game tickets)

You won't have much time for sightseeing this trip, but don't worry: You'll make up for it on the drive back down. Leave the Holiday Bowl and drive north of Los Angeles to spend the night so you can avoid the worst of morning rush-hour traffic. Wake up and finish off the drive. Get to San Francisco early enough to ride a cable car, walk across the Golden Gate Bridge or just wander the streets of one of the world's great cities. And if you can't get a ticket – yeah, right – you can always rent a kayak and wait for a really, really, REALLY long punt to land in McCovey Cove.

Jan. 1: Rose Bowl in Pasadena, USC vs. Illinois, 1:30 p.m.

(Click here for Rose Bowl Stadium Guide and to purchase game tickets)

Having sped up I-5 from San Diego, you'll return at a much slower, but far more breathtaking pace along one of the most beautiful stretches of road in the world – California's fable Highway 1.

Begin by driving down the coast to the Monterey Peninsula and stopping at Pebble Beach, the world's most beautiful golf course. The gates of Augusta National may be unapproachable, but Pebble Beach is a public course and during this time of the year it's just possible to get a tee time. Call in advance (800-654-9300) and bring your wallet; Pebble Beach is $475 plus $30 for a cart, while Spyglass is $315 plus the cart fee. (Last tee time is noon this late in the year). If you can't afford that, there are less expensive courses in the area, or you can rent a bike in Pacific Grove and ride along famous 17-Mile Drive, or explore spectacular Point Lobos State Park or just walk along Carmel Beach. At last check, sunsets are still free.

The next day, drive down the Big Sur coast, pausing repeatedly for photos and stopping in San Simeon to tour Hearst Castle. With 56 bedrooms, 61 bathrooms, 41 fireplaces, a 1,665-square-foot Roman pool and 90,800 total square feet, Hearst Castle is the largest private residence in America, with the possible exception of Shaquille O'Neal's guesthouse. But don't dawdle; you need to get to Los Angeles for the Dec. 30 Lakers-Celtics game (purchase tickets) and the resurrection of one of the NBA's best rivalries.

On New Year's Eve, continue south to a little known spot in Anaheim that Road Warrior loves. It's kind of a secret, so keep this to yourself, please. It's called Disneyland and it's, like, the happiest place on earth. It's also a great place to spend New Year's Eve, though you'll probably have to go elsewhere for an alcoholic drink.

On New Year's morning, wake up early and be sure to watch the Rose Bowl parade, then head over to Victory Park where you can wander around the floats and view them up close at your leisure.

Just don't linger too long; you've got to get to the stadium for the game. While enjoying the Granddaddy of Them All amid the beauty and warmth of the setting, be sure to call your friends back home and ask them what the weather is like there.

Jan. 2: Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz., Oklahoma vs. West Virginia, 5 p.m.

(Click here for Fiesta Bowl Stadium Guide and to purchase game tickets)

As you pull into the Valley of the Sun after a long drive, stop at Squaw Peak or Camelback for an invigorating hike up either. After all that time behind the wheel, your body will appreciate it.

Enjoy the game and afterward stop by the nearby Peoria, Ariz., sports complex, where the Mariners and Padres train each spring. Then set up your tent and begin your vigil until pitchers and catchers report … just 50-some days off!

ESPN

edited to add from the same story link;

THE TEXAS FOUR-STEP BOWL TRIP

Dec. 28: Texas Bowl in Houston, TCU vs. Houston, 7 p.m.

(Click here for Texas Bowl Stadium Guide and to purchase game tickets)

Frankly, there's no great reason to spend extra time in Houston in late December.

:D Edited by driveby

• 4 weeks later...

Man there is nothing more entertaining then hitting a White Castle's at 3 AM (or whenever the bars close). Sadly, there are none in the west, but get me east of the Mississippi, and I'm gettin me some sliders. These are some great burgers, especially when your drunk.

And the next day.... Dammm, you just don't want to be near yourself. That's some foul stuff.....

Also, you can't compare WC to your typical burger chain (In-n-Out, Wendys, etc..). It's a different type of food. Just the fact that you are ordering a 30 pack should be your first clue.

Man there is nothing more entertaining then hitting a White Castle's at 3 AM (or whenever the bars close). Sadly, there are none in the west, but get me east of the Mississippi, and I'm gettin me some sliders. These are some great burgers, especially when your drunk.

And the next day.... Dammm, you just don't want to be near yourself. That's some foul stuff.....

Also, you can't compare WC to your typical burger chain (In-n-Out, Wendys, etc..). It's a different type of food. Just the fact that you are ordering a 30 pack should be your first clue.

Sage advice here. :D