[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

gruesome sports injuries

zmanzzzz

They just showed the McGahee injury from the Fiesta Bowl when he was at the U. Add that to the list ;)

It's there. It's number 3 on the list.

:D:wacko::D How Malarchuck survived is beyond me. Most scary thing I have ever seen. Props to those that save his life.

Yeah, I remember seeing that on the local sports news with Warner Wolf from when it happened too. I've actually been trying to figure out who it was and what ended up happening to him after that for years. Evidently the trainer was an ex-Vietnam medic who stuck his hand inside the gash and pinched off the jugular vein and kept him from bleeding out. Also, Malarchuk got over 300 stitches in the wound, but was back at practice in 4 days, and back in a game in about a week and a half! :D I'm no hockey fan, but damn that's one tough mother. :D

I wanna see this one...

Dave Dravecky

In 1989, after having a cancerous tumor and half his deltoid muscle removed from his left throwing arm, Dave Dravecky made a triumphant return to baseball. In August 1989, Dravecky returned to Candlestick Park in San Francisco and won his first start, a 4-3 decision over the Cincinnati Reds.

A week later, however, Dravecky’s arm snapped in half while throwing a pitch in Montreal. The cancer had returned, and doctors were forced to amputate the full arm. In the years since his retirement, Dravecky has become a Christian motivational speaker, having realized that God’s plan for him was much greater than the game of baseball. We guess surviving gruesome sports injuries is one way to find God

I wanna see this one...

Saw that one - was very sad. The snap was very audible (if I remember correctly, the visual isn't that bad - a little bit of a flop but nothing like some of the leg ones). But knowing the story with Dravecky's comeback made it that much worse.