[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow wins Heisman trophy

budlitebrad

" He beat out Arkansas running back Darren McFadden, the first player since 1949 to finish second in consecutive seasons. Tebow received 1,957 points and 462 first-place votes to McFadden's 1,703 points and 291 first-place votes.

Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan was third, and Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel fourth."

:D

Congrats to Tebow ... and here's a tip of the hat to this kid:

Armanti Edwards, QB, App State:

219 carries for 1499 yards, 6.8 avg, 21 TDs

139 for 207 for 1750 yards and 14 TDs

11-2 record, historic win over Michigan

Playing for National Championship earned by winning through the playoffs.

Here's hoping Pittsburgh picks him up as an UFA to see if he can deliver some flash at Slash.

Tebow is a good player who had a FANTASTIC year in a tough conference.

More than deserving of the Heisman, or as I like to think of it, "award for best BCS-school offensive back"

Yeah, because no one EVER talks about THEM. :D

Heisman Trophy - Tebow SEC Gators

Maxwell - Tebow SEC Gators

O'Brien - Tebow SEC Gators

Doak Walker - McFadden SEC Razorbacks

Sporting News -McFadden SEC Razorbacks

Outland - Dorsey SEC LSU

Nagurski - Dorsey SEC LSU

Lombardi - Dorsey SEC LSU

Walter Camp - McFadden SEC Razorbacks

Rimington - Luigs SEC Razorbacks

:wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Congrats to Tebow ... and here's a tip of the hat to this kid:

Armanti Edwards, QB, App State:

219 carries for 1499 yards, 6.8 avg, 21 TDs

139 for 207 for 1750 yards and 14 TDs

11-2 record, historic win over Michigan

Playing for National Championship earned by winning through the playoffs.

Here's hoping Pittsburgh picks him up as an UFA to see if he can deliver some flash at Slash.

He's also a Soph. so Pitt may have to wait a bit.

Great year by Tebow

this award has really lost it's significance IMO. Did you all notice the long line of stiffs that have won of late? I mean this award has become whichever QB is in a)the best program of system. Seems like many of the recent winers are just a product of one of the major programs, and benefits from being in the right place at the right time. I dunno if it is all the media hype, but this award has become a joke and if yer a QB, a pretty good bet to NOT make it.

Jason White

Eric Crouch

Gine Toretta

Charlie Ward

Chris Weinke

Danny Wuerffel

Matt Leinart- on his way to bustville IMO

Troy Smith

I don't seen Tebow making it in the NFL either

Great year by Tebow

this award has really lost it's significance IMO. Did you all notice the long line of stiffs that have won of late? I mean this award has become whichever QB is in a)the best program of system. Seems like many of the recent winers are just a product of one of the major programs, and benefits from being in the right place at the right time. I dunno if it is all the media hype, but this award has become a joke and if yer a QB, a pretty good bet to NOT make it.

Jason White

Eric Crouch

Gine Toretta

Charlie Ward

Chris Weinke

Danny Wuerffel

Troy Smith

I'd say Leinart has already done better than most of those other cats, but yeah, he could fall short relative to expectations. Palmer and VY stand out as ones who buck the trend, and I think Tebow could turn out okay too with a lot of effort. His work ethic seems great, and seems like a good kid. I say 'kid' due to his age, but he's mature too.

I feel bad for Run DMc, but he did sorta disappear in Oct - was he injured? And anyone wanna guess when the next RB will take it? Could be awhile...

Edited by Coffeeman

FYI: Before arriving in New York City for Saturday night's ceremony, Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow stopped in Orlando, Fla., for the ESPN sports awards last week and told reporters what team he would be pulling for in the BCS national championship game. Despite being harassed by LSU fans on his cellular phone before and after the loss at LSU, Florida's quarterback wants the Tigers to beat Ohio State. :D

"There's several friends I have on that team I really respect," Tebow said. "Jacob Hester, the running back, I got to know him. He's just an absolute war daddy. I love watching him play. I think they're a team that will have a good shot in that game. I think they'll represent the SEC well."

Great year by Tebow

Jason White

Eric Crouch

Gine Toretta

Charlie Ward

Chris Weinke

Danny Wuerffel

Troy Smith

First of all, the award says nothing about considering a player's future in the NFL. It's about having one fabulous college season. That's what he did. Secondly, to compare him to the guys on the above list is a bit premature. He's a sophomore. And finally, Tebow is bigger stroger and has a better arm than everyone on that list. If you don't think Tebow is deserving of the award then you haven't seen him play.

PS Charlie Ward shouldn't even be on that list. He never played a down in the NFL because he's been playing in the NBA for the last 11 years.

I'd be interested in hearing your reasons for this statement.

IMO, I think he is a great college QB that will not translate to the NFL. I think he has alot of improving to be a good NFL QB. He is not going to be able to run around and make plays like he does now for one with his power running-style. His mechanics have improved, but he still doesn't look like a natural or an accurate passer.

His elusiveness just won't be there in the NFL.

I could be wrong, I just think he has a long way to go to get there, but he does have the time to get better

I just think any of these stud running/throwing QB's face a long road to being good NFL QB's, like this year VY for instance

First of all, the award says nothing about considering a player's future in the NFL. It's about having one fabulous college season. That's what he did. Secondly, to compare him to the guys on the above list is a bit premature. He's a sophomore. And finally, Tebow is bigger stroger and has a better arm than everyone on that list. If you don't think Tebow is deserving of the award then you haven't seen him play.

PS Charlie Ward shouldn't even be on that list. He never played a down in the NFL because he's been playing in the NBA for the last 11 years.

my bad- I thought pro potential was part of the voting..............it's not??

huh? please show me where I DON'T think he should have won - I think he absolutely deserved it.

My point was just more that I had forgotten about the complete BUSTS that that have won the Heisman, I thought it was pretty interesting.

We shall see with Tebow- I just don't see him playing QB in the NFL, that's all

For the discerning gentleman who wants to know what "those" he's referring to... cast your peepers on these...

good stuff :D Timmie missed the boat when he was thanking the good lord in his speech.

"I would like to thank the lord for belssing me with tremendous athletic ability, and for blessing my girl with a pair of the best hammers you will ever lay eyes on"