[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow wins Heisman trophy

budlitebrad

#1 my bad- I thought pro potential was part of the voting..............it's not??

#2 huh? please show me where I DON'T think he should have won - I think he absolutely deserved it.

#3 My point was just more that I had forgotten about the complete BUSTS that that have won the Heisman, I thought it was pretty interesting.

#4 We shall see with Tebow- I just don't see him playing QB in the NFL, that's all

#1 Then why even mention the pro careers/prospects of past/current Heisman winners in this thread?

#2 The red statement below, made by you, reads an awful lot like you're lumping him in with others that you don't think deserved the award.

#3 If you're gonna expect others to see the separation then maybe you shouldn't bad mouth another group of guys in the same post that diminishes the skill set of the topics main subject. Looks an awful lot like you're comparing them to each other.

#4Again, why mention it in this thread if you truly think he deserves the award?

Great year by Tebow

this award has really lost it's significance IMO. Did you all notice the long line of stiffs that have won of late? I mean this award has become whichever QB is in a)the best program of system. Seems like many of the recent winers are just a product of one of the major programs, and benefits from being in the right place at the right time. I dunno if it is all the media hype, but this award has become a joke and if yer a QB, a pretty good bet to NOT make it.

Jason White

Eric Crouch

Gine Toretta

Charlie Ward

Chris Weinke

Danny Wuerffel

Matt Leinart- on his way to bustville IMO

Troy Smith

I don't seen Tebow making it in the NFL either

Maybe I'm the only one but if I were to paraphrase this post it would read something like this:

"The Heisman trophy has proven yet again to be a joke because it doesn't reward the best player in the country and like this long list of winners who've failed at the pro level Tebow will follow suit."

Just the way it looks to me.

It just shows that the transition to the pros can be that much harder for QBs. I mean it's hard enough landing in the right place at the right time for a college system, but the odds of landing in the right system in the pros immediately after being drafted is even harder. Some QBs could probably do well no matter where they go, but others need the right system and a strong QB coach/coordinator to help them transition.

good stuff :D Timmie missed the boat when he was thanking the good lord in his speech.

"I would like to thank the lord for belssing me with tremendous athletic ability, and for blessing my girl with a pair of the best hammers you will ever lay eyes on"

I'd agree with that assessment, FOR NOW. That is, its an unfortunate irony that real ones - and hers look to be real - will begin to sag at some point. And there's no stopping it, short of surgery. I for one think the post-kids little 'pick me up' surgery is something all former hotties should receive as a gift from a loving husband/BF, right after the having kids phase is over.

Can I get an amen? Honey, are you ready? I'll take out another loan on the house....

Edit: I just read somewhere else that the pic #2 (of her in an itty bitty bikini) is false - that is, its British pin up Lucy Pinder. Since that is the pic I referred to in my 'real vs. fake' analysis above, I now have to admit that I have insufficient evidence - in pic #1 alone - to make such an important determination. I stand by my belief about the need for such post-baby surgeries in general, but I do not know if it pertains in this case. So until then, I too will just revel in such beautiful funbags. Amen.

Edited by Coffeeman

Reggie Bush can also be considered a bust. I know its hard to remember him, when we all know Vince should have won that award, but this 3rd down scat back was given the trophy as well.

Tebow diserved the award for his accomplishments, and the competition he played against puting up those mind boggling stats. Those may never ever be broken. And to do it in a solid conference makes it even more impressive.

And who is Tebow going to root for. I dont root for anyone but OU unless I have money on the game, but Id rather my conference do well in bowls, than some other conference. So the next yr we may get the respect we deserve, and OU wont be left out of games like this yrs NC game. Having no rooting interest in this game, I probably wont watch it. Though Id love to see the excuses Miles makes when his team loses, but they have Youtube and ESPN for that.

Before I engage anyone in the sort of disagreeable banter that I am wont to do, I just need to clear something up. Has somebody actually implied that NFL potential should be factored in the Heisman voting? If I call said person an idiot, would that be considered name calling or simply fairly assessing his intellect?

I'm just trying to avoid any frowned-upon actions.

Before I engage anyone in the sort of disagreeable banter that I am wont to do, I just need to clear something up. Has somebody actually implied that NFL potential should be factored in the Heisman voting? If I call said person an idiot, would that be considered name calling or simply fairly assessing his intellect?

I'm just trying to avoid any frowned-upon actions.

Instead of calling the PERSON a "retard", tell them their STATEMENTS are "retarded." Then you aren't directly calling anyone a name....though the implication is certainly obvious. :D

yeah, that was kinda funny...you've got all these guys from the 70s and 80s who are major stud RBs, like archie griffin, tony dorsett, billy sims....then at the end it's like chris weinke, eric crouch, jason white :D

Couldn't agree more. The HOF studs through the 70's and 80's - chit half of them looked like they could still get it done. The you finish up with the Wuerffels, Weinke's, Crouch's and White's who all looked like managers at the local Chik-Fil- A.

Thought it was hilarious, and just kind of epitomized how the mystique has faded somewhat.

I've watched Tebow a lot this season. He has arm strength, accuracy, he's big, he's fast, he's strong. He also has that "it" quality that causes players and fans to rally around him. As a sophomore, he is the leader of this team. He is one of the first players to practice and one of the last to leave.I was under no illusion that other Gator QBs would make it as a professional. I believe that Tebow will be a stud at the professional level.

IMO, I think he is a great college QB that will not translate to the NFL. I think he has alot of improving to be a good NFL QB. He is not going to be able to run around and make plays like he does now for one with his power running-style. His mechanics have improved, but he still doesn't look like a natural or an accurate passer.

His elusiveness just won't be there in the NFL.

I could be wrong, I just think he has a long way to go to get there, but he does have the time to get better

I just think any of these stud running/throwing QB's face a long road to being good NFL QB's, like this year VY for instance

wildcat and I disagree. Time will tell.

I'd agree with that assessment, FOR NOW. That is, its an unfortunate irony that real ones - and hers look to be real - will begin to sag at some point. And there's no stopping it, short of surgery. I for one think the post-kids little 'pick me up' surgery is something all former hotties should receive as a gift from a loving husband/BF, right after the having kids phase is over.

Can I get an amen? Honey, are you ready? I'll take out another loan on the house....

Edit: I just read somewhere else that the pic #2 (of her in an itty bitty bikini) is false - that is, its British pin up Lucy Pinder. Since that is the pic I referred to in my 'real vs. fake' analysis above, I now have to admit that I have insufficient evidence - in pic #1 alone - to make such an important determination. I stand by my belief about the need for such post-baby surgeries in general, but I do not know if it pertains in this case. So until then, I too will just revel in such beautiful funbags. Amen.

:D

Coffeeman, that was one of the best posts I have ever read. Vince Vaughn couldn't have said what you wrote any better!

:D

Coffeeman, that was one of the best posts I have ever read. Vince Vaughn couldn't have said what you wrote any better!

thanks Wolf - I guess if you read it all out loud in one breath, it could sound like Mr. Vaughn, and he is a fave of mine. But I was totally serious about the post-kids boob surgery thing. Every time I go to grab my wife's formerly perky, real C-cups (in the dark,) I miss high by about 6 inches - its depressing for both of us. I'm saving up my money now....

Edited by Coffeeman

• 3 weeks later...
wildcat and I disagree. Time will tell.

bump this- Unta- after watching Tebow vs Michigan - he has a LONG way to go to be an NFL caliber QB. His scrambling ability will be a non-factor, and he just doesn't look like an NFL caliber passer to me at all.

Great college QB - who I don't think will ever be a starter in the NFL....................