[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Patriot Fans Whine

vonromig

Patriot fans are sore winners. The only fans I know who whine more, the more their team wins.

As an Eagle fan, I dispise the Cowboys. During seasons when the Eagles are doing better than the Cowboys I'm happy, and when the Cowboys are better than my Eagles I'm grumpy. (this year I'm very grumpy). Yet when I trash-talk a Cowboy fan about his team, I have never got a response from such a fan who can't believe I can't respect, admire, or enjoy the Cowboys' accomplishments during that season. They don't whine about my opinions.

What makes the Patriot fans different? I think I know why.

The Patriots have been caught red-handed cheating, and in such a way that it could not be explained away. The League then slapped them on the wrist (half a million fine to a coach pulling down 4+ a year, and a lose of a draft pick that will be a 26+ selection when they already have the Jet's pick, a top 5). Which is an insult to the teams who lose players to suspension for non-football related incidents, while nothing happens to a coach who did more damage to the integrity of the NFL than all the players who partied in the wrong place, combined.

Of course cheaters don't just cheat once, or in only one way. Cheaters cheat. The Patriots were just got caught this year. But the clues of cheating has been there since Belchick took over the Patriots... actions against the Rams in their first Superbowl, mutliple frenquencies, etc. This taints what the Patriots have done in the past, most noteably their three Championships. In the future people will not look back at the Patriots with the respect given to the dynasties of old; the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, and even the Cowboys.

On top of this, the timing could not have been worst. The Patriot's O-line finally have wide receivers who can get open much more often (only the blind thinks Brady is really the stud), so the Patriots are a true powerhouse. Combine this with the fact that Belchick must know that there are very few people in this country who have any respect for him. So purely for vindictive reasons Belchick uses this powerhouse to hurt teams, so he can in a way hurt those (the players and fans) he knows sees him as a pariah.

Now because the Patriots are cheaters, any infaction that deals with the refs may be unduly thought of as just more cheating. Even though this may not be true in the least, but that is the true penalty of being found to be a cheat. Honest nature is not given as the first impulse to those known as cheaters. For although it is used as an excused in many games, the idea of the refs being paid off to throw a game for the Patriots is not as easily dismissed. Nor is it hard to believe that the NFL organization may want the Patriots to go undefeated just to possibly over shadow the stench of their past cheating.

The cheating, concept of past cheating, possiblity of continual cheating, the tainting of the past accoplishments, and attempting to embarrass their opponents is why so many are Patriot haters. And unlike so many cheering on Peyton Manning when he was closing on the record, or enjoying Brett Favre breaking records this season, people don't want cheaters and unsporting individuals to be rewarded... they should be properly punished.

Patriot fans whine because of these same points. Patriot fans have the stigma of cheaters. A filthy aura of rooting for a team that cheats. Guilty by association with unsportsmanlike conduct on a near weekly basis. In this atmosphere the Patriot fans can not really bask in the glory and relish what their team is doing, unless they are immoral thugs.

So for the Patriot fan to truely enjoy what is happening they must get validation from the rest of the NFL fan base. This they are not getting, so they whine.

Von Romig

Was this copied and pasted from a few months ago?

Yawn.

Whatecer to the first two. RUDE people and their opoinions also are easily dismissed. :D

Good job! :wacko::D

(half a million fine to a coach pulling down 4+ a year, and a lose of a draft pick that will be a 26+ selection when they already have the Jet's pick, a top 5).

The Pats get the Niners top 5 pick, not the Jets. The Pats organization was "slapped" with a whopping $250,000.00 fine also.

Funny how Belicheat was extended just a couple of days after the ruling. How much did he really lose from his pocket?

As much as I would hate to see them go 16-0, I kinda hope they do and then get stomped in the playoffs. That would be sweet!

One more thing that this post reminded me of was this.

Because the Pats lose there 1st round pick do they also lose the cap money associated with this??? They have proved to be active in free agency and if they just lose the pick but keep the money they can use that for a player that they have seen on film and already know what that person brings to the table. Losing that 1st round pick would not be a punishment at all if they get to keep the money.

Anyone know if they lost the cap money or was it a slap on the wrist??

I did not hate the Pats until this year and I wonder if it was Belicheat or just really wanting the underdog to prevail. It also could be that I have lived out in Pats country and really don't like the fans of the Pats.

I have been doing some research into this and I think Von Romig is on to something. I wonder how many know that as a child, Bellichick said he was often whipped by his father. Years later he commented, "I then resolved never again to cry when my father whipped me. A few days later I had the opportunity of putting my will to the test. My mother, frightened, took refuge in the front of the door. As for me, I counted silently the blows of the stick which lashed my rear end."

Bellichick's family moved often. Bellichick was a good student in elementary school. But in the sixth grade, he failed and had to repeat the grade. His teachers said that he had "no desire to work." It was around this time that it has been suggested that Bellichick and cheating became acquainted. Bellichick claimed his educational slump was a rebellion against his father, who wanted the boy to follow him in his own career as a customs official. Bellichick wanted to become a painter instead. Bellichick's schoolwork did not improve. At age 16, he dropped out of high school without a degree.

His parents eventually died and Bellichick was on his own. After being rejected a second time by the Academy of Arts, Bellichick ran out of money. He sought refuge in a homeless shelter. A year later, he had settled into a house for poor working men.

During the war, Bellichick was twice decorated for bravery. However, because the regimental staff thought Bellichick lacked leadership skills, he was never promoted. After the war, Bellichick turned to coaching. Bellichick was becoming highly effective at speaking in front of large crowds. He once spoke before a crowd of nearly six thousand in Boston. To publicize the meeting, he sent out two truckloads of patriot supporters to drive around with patriot logos, cause a commotion and throw out leaflets, their first use of this tactic. Bellichick gained notoriety outside of the patriot organization for his rowdy, polemic speeches against the colts, cowboys and other teams of note.

The patriots eventually became the strongest team in the NFL. Others tried to persuade Bellichick to become commissioner. Bellichick, however, rejected this offer. Bellichick demanded that he, as leader of the strongest team, was above the rules. Bellichick oversaw the greatest commerical expansion of the NFL. In March, Bellichick again cheated by reoccupying the demilitarized zone in the Rhineland. When the jets and the colts did nothing, he grew bolder. In July, the Spanish Civil War began when the military, led by General Francisco Franco, rebelled against the elected Popular Front government. After receiving an appeal for help from General Franco in July, Belllichick sent his patriot players to support Franco, and Spain served as a testing ground for the patriots' new forces and their methods, including the bombing of undefended towns such as Guernica.

By the 2007 season, Bellichick's patriots, assisted by collaborationist governments and recruits from occupied countries, systematically destroyed all other NFL teams. As we sit here now, it becomes apparent that Bellichick cannot be stopped. The only chance the NFL has for survival would be if Bellichick were to attempt to destroy the teams in the Canadian Football League. This could well deplete his resources and spread his patriots too thin.

Edited by untateve

Patriot fans are sore winners. The only fans I know who whine more, the more their team wins.

As an Eagle fan, I dispise the Cowboys. During seasons when the Eagles are doing better than the Cowboys I'm happy, and when the Cowboys are better than my Eagles I'm grumpy. (this year I'm very grumpy). Yet when I trash-talk a Cowboy fan about his team, I have never got a response from such a fan who can't believe I can't respect, admire, or enjoy the Cowboys' accomplishments during that season. They don't whine about my opinions.

What makes the Patriot fans different? I think I know why.

The Patriots have been caught red-handed cheating, and in such a way that it could not be explained away. The League then slapped them on the wrist (half a million fine to a coach pulling down 4+ a year, and a lose of a draft pick that will be a 26+ selection when they already have the Jet's pick, a top 5). Which is an insult to the teams who lose players to suspension for non-football related incidents, while nothing happens to a coach who did more damage to the integrity of the NFL than all the players who partied in the wrong place, combined.

Of course cheaters don't just cheat once, or in only one way. Cheaters cheat. The Patriots were just got caught this year. But the clues of cheating has been there since Belchick took over the Patriots... actions against the Rams in their first Superbowl, mutliple frenquencies, etc. This taints what the Patriots have done in the past, most noteably their three Championships. In the future people will not look back at the Patriots with the respect given to the dynasties of old; the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, and even the Cowboys.

On top of this, the timing could not have been worst. The Patriot's O-line finally have wide receivers who can get open much more often (only the blind thinks Brady is really the stud), so the Patriots are a true powerhouse. Combine this with the fact that Belchick must know that there are very few people in this country who have any respect for him. So purely for vindictive reasons Belchick uses this powerhouse to hurt teams, so he can in a way hurt those (the players and fans) he knows sees him as a pariah.

Now because the Patriots are cheaters, any infaction that deals with the refs may be unduly thought of as just more cheating. Even though this may not be true in the least, but that is the true penalty of being found to be a cheat. Honest nature is not given as the first impulse to those known as cheaters. For although it is used as an excused in many games, the idea of the refs being paid off to throw a game for the Patriots is not as easily dismissed. Nor is it hard to believe that the NFL organization may want the Patriots to go undefeated just to possibly over shadow the stench of their past cheating.

The cheating, concept of past cheating, possiblity of continual cheating, the tainting of the past accoplishments, and attempting to embarrass their opponents is why so many are Patriot haters. And unlike so many cheering on Peyton Manning when he was closing on the record, or enjoying Brett Favre breaking records this season, people don't want cheaters and unsporting individuals to be rewarded... they should be properly punished.

Patriot fans whine because of these same points. Patriot fans have the stigma of cheaters. A filthy aura of rooting for a team that cheats. Guilty by association with unsportsmanlike conduct on a near weekly basis. In this atmosphere the Patriot fans can not really bask in the glory and relish what their team is doing, unless they are immoral thugs.

So for the Patriot fan to truely enjoy what is happening they must get validation from the rest of the NFL fan base. This they are not getting, so they whine.

Von Romig

What a preamble, "As an Eagles fan", tell me that doesn't tell the whole story here. This is the most asinine, "jealousy-packed" rant I've ever forced myself to sit through. You've done your brethren from Filth-a-delphia proud my friend. It’s just hard to take you as "educated", as you're trying to project, with so many spelling and grammar errors. You have a "train-wreck" like command of the English language my friend; you must work at a Wa-Wa.

Not that you have to be educated to be able to make valid points, it’s not a pre-requisite. Let’s see how you've done shall we.

So, Brady is not a "stud" this year because the O-Line is doing their job until the WRs do theirs. So what is your answer to his success last year, or the year before, or the year before that? Think hard I'll wait for you to call Mel Gibson for the next conspiracy theory.

So Belchick as you call him fears he's not getting the respect he deserves so off he goes on the 2007 Punishment Tour huh? You are an imbecile.

The idea of the refs "throwing" a game, or the NFL turning a blind eye is not as easily dismissed. Yeah, I'll give you that, they must have trouble dismissing the idea, since they can't get enough oxygen to speak from all the laughing at the moronic thought of rewarding cheaters to make the issue disappear. Let's see, the Patriots "cheated" so let’s make the refs turn "blind eyes" and allow them to go undefeated. Then when people are discussing how improbable it was for a team to go undefeated, and how virtually impossible that feat was, they'll forget all about cheating, yeah that's the ticket. The secondary benefit of it all is to finally get to that d@mn Shula guy and make him look stupid too. You’re a real "man a genius" nominee aren’t you, wow?

I give up, you're are a grade A moron, arguing logic will do no good as you've been living without any for way too long now. Go boo another half-time show.

I have been doing some research into this and I think Von Romig is on to something. I wonder how many know that as a child, Bellichick said he was often whipped by his father. Years later he commented, "I then resolved never again to cry when my father whipped me. A few days later I had the opportunity of putting my will to the test. My mother, frightened, took refuge in the front of the door. As for me, I counted silently the blows of the stick which lashed my rear end."

Bellichick's family moved often. Bellichick was a good student in elementary school. But in the sixth grade, he failed and had to repeat the grade. His teachers said that he had "no desire to work." It was around this time that it has been suggested that Bellichick and cheating became acquainted. Bellichick claimed his educational slump was a rebellion against his father, who wanted the boy to follow him in his own career as a customs official. Bellichick wanted to become a painter instead. Bellichick's schoolwork did not improve. At age 16, he dropped out of high school without a degree.

His parents eventually died and Bellichick was on his own. After being rejected a second time by the Academy of Arts, Bellichick ran out of money. He sought refuge in a homeless shelter. A year later, he had settled into a house for poor working men.

During the war, Bellichick was twice decorated for bravery. However, because the regimental staff thought Bellichick lacked leadership skills, he was never promoted. After the war, Bellichick turned to coaching. Bellichick was becoming highly effective at speaking in front of large crowds. He once spoke before a crowd of nearly six thousand in Boston. To publicize the meeting, he sent out two truckloads of patriot supporters to drive around with patriot logos, cause a commotion and throw out leaflets, their first use of this tactic. Bellichick gained notoriety outside of the patriot organization for his rowdy, polemic speeches against the colts, cowboys and other teams of note.

The patriots eventually became the strongest team in the NFL. Others tried to persuade Bellichick to become commissioner. Bellichick, however, rejected this offer. Bellichick demanded that he, as leader of the strongest team, was above the rules. Bellichick oversaw the greatest commerical expansion of the NFL. In March, Bellichick again cheated by reoccupying the demilitarized zone in the Rhineland. When the jets and the colts did nothing, he grew bolder. In July, the Spanish Civil War began when the military, led by General Francisco Franco, rebelled against the elected Popular Front government. After receiving an appeal for help from General Franco in July, Belllichick sent his patriot players to support Franco, and Spain served as a testing ground for the patriots' new forces and their methods, including the bombing of undefended towns such as Guernica.

By the 2007 season, Bellichick's patriots, assisted by collaborationist governments and recruits from occupied countries, systematically destroyed all other NFL teams. As we sit here now, it becomes apparent that Bellichick cannot be stopped. The only chance the NFL has for survival would be if Bellichick were to attempt to destroy the teams in the Canadian Football League. This could well deplete his resources and spread his patriots too thin.

This just really isn't funny at all, I feel bad for how hard you must have worked.

Wait...are you trying to say they've cheated or are cheaters?

Pats homer here.....just tired of it all. Like the last poster said, I really feel bad for anyone that took this much time to write a post that could have been summed up in three sentences.

Teams still can't figure out how to beat the Pats, and it's resulted in pathetic accusations of blown calls, even fixed games. Come on now....no one is paying off refs.

Enough already......just enjoy the Pats win today.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

All teams try to steal signs. In addition I believe that other teams used to use films until the rule was passed banning this activity. I'm not sure how much value stealing a sign has in the first place ... after there is a very limited amount of time to steal the sign and get it into the offense so they can make use of the "stolen knowledge".

I believe this whole "cheating" thing was a HUGH motiviating factor for the Patriots this as they have been on a mission to prove they are the better team. And you know what ... I believe they have proveded it.

There is no astericks on their season ... and I'm a Cowboy fan

amen, "just enjoy". "Enjoy" the sport, the league, the teams, the competition et al. To be honest, I've played FF so long and moved around the country so much it's hard to say I have 1 favorite team, but I do think Bill Bates was the greatest player of all time. Kind of became just an NFL fan and get to watch any and all story lines play out.

1 thing I do like is watching a team that is obviously working well together. This year that's the Pats, like it or not, they play like a team.

Edited by Qball86

Mountain out of a mole hill.

All teams try to steal signs. In addition I believe that other teams used to use films until the rule was passed banning this activity. I'm not sure how much value stealing a sign has in the first place ... after there is a very limited amount of time to steal the sign and get it into the offense so they can make use of the "stolen knowledge".

I believe this whole "cheating" thing was a HUGH motiviating factor for the Patriots this as they have been on a mission to prove they are the better team. And you know what ... I believe they have proveded it.

There is no astericks on their season ... and I'm a Cowboy fan

Well said Grits +1

Dear Von,

If I were your Financial Adviser, I would strongly suggest, that you retire from FF

and invest ALL of your winnings in a chain of Charter :D Boats up and down

the East Coast of the USA. You would be a wealthy man and never ever again have

to worry about another WDIS in your life.

'If it smells like flounder, I wouldn't pound'er.'

All the best,

pig

Edited by pig devilz

Wait...are you trying to say they've cheated or are cheaters?

Pats homer here.....just tired of it all. Like the last poster said, I really feel bad for anyone that took this much time to write a post that could have been summed up in three sentences.

Teams still can't figure out how to beat the Pats, and it's resulted in pathetic accusations of blown calls, even fixed games. Come on now....no one is paying off refs.

Just as I just enjoyed your avi. :D