[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Superbowl Ever?

Patriots

The Pats will probably kick their azz just like they did in Dallas earlier in the year.

The real storyline for the NFL has go to be the Dolphins. They are SO close. I'm really worried about Baltimore though. I think it's gonna be a really great game next Sunday, maybe instant classic worthy. Just think if Miami goes 0-16 they can all get together and drink champagne every time the last winless team gets their first win of the season. Maybe they can join up with that 1970's Dolphins team that does their champagne thing every time the last undefeated team loses.

I hope Baltimore's defense is up to the challenge. Then the next week at NE, spread should be -42. Then Cinci back at Miami. I think the Miami fans will help them rally to 0-16.

Is this based on last years playoff game ?

naw- I will just take the vet Hass, who is playing as well as anyone since Homlgren opened up the passing game.

Romo is great, I like the kid, I just think the playoffs is another matter

I just don't think we will see a Dall vs NE SB- an upset will happen at some point

Look, Ryan Grant has played well so far this year but can we stop with the comparisons to Terell Freakin Davis already???

:D I was just fishing for Bronco Billy..It was more of a jab at Elway..he didnt bite..

Edited by whomper

And :D at the 2 best QBs in the game. The torch hasn't been passed yet in either conference as far as I can see.

Please elaborate - because if you're saying that Manning is still top dog in th AFC, I'd like to hear why. Super Bowls are 3-1 and Manning's TD record will probably fall by halftime on Sunday. What would you like Brady to do to pass Manning in your eyes? Should he do more commercials?

Please elaborate - because if you're saying that Manning is still top dog in th AFC, I'd like to hear why. Super Bowls are 3-1 and Manning's TD record will probably fall by halftime on Sunday. What would you like Brady to do to pass Manning in your eyes? Should he do more commercials?

Call all of his own plays at the line, perhaps? Brady has the physical tools - no question. But he hasn't shown - in my mind - that he controls and understands the game like Manning does. That's not a knock on Brady - Manning is a throw-back to the days when coaches would trust QBs enough to call their own plays based upon the QB's perception on the field, and Manning does an incredible job given the complexities of the game.

Not saying Brady couldn't do it given the chance, either, but I don't know if I've ever seen a QB who can dissect a D the way Manning does without the additional help of the coaching staff sending in information. The guy is uncanny at understanding what a D is giving immediately prior to the snap of the ball and making adjustments on the fly at the LoS.

Oh - and Marino didn't win any SBs and he was a better QB than Brady currently is. SB record speaks for team success, not specifically individual QB success.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Call all of his own plays at the line, perhaps? Brady has the physical tools - no question. But he hasn't shown - in my mind - that he controls and understands the game like Manning does. That's not a knock on Brady - Manning is a throw-back to the days when coaches would trust QBs enough to call their own plays based upon the QB's perception on the field, and Manning does an incredible job given the complexities of the game.

Not saying Brady couldn't do it given the chance, either, but I don't know if I've ever seen a QB who can dissect a D the way Manning does without the additional help of the coaching staff sending in information. The guy is uncanny at understanding what a D is giving immediately prior to the snap of the ball and making adjustments on the fly at the LoS.

Oh - and Marino didn't win any SBs and he was a better QB than Brady currently is. SB record speaks for team success, not specifically individual QB success.

These comparisons make no sense. The players were all in different situations, and there's really no way to judge how the different players would have succeeded in the other's situation.

I agree 100% with your points on Manning dissecting a defense, but as you say about teams winning SBs, teams execute offense. Manning has had top WRs, RBs, good to great TEs and at worst a very good offensive line.

Brady and Marino share some similarity in that both players pretty much carried their team's offense for good parts of their career. The main difference being that Brady had some D to back him up, where as Marino never really had a great D to work with past his early career.

I just think they are different players and all deserve respect as top players. trying to decide who is the 'best' is just too subjective IMO.

Fair enough. I agree that Manning is his own offensive coordinator and does a masterful job running the offense and reading defenses. I take nothing away from Manning - he is completely deserving of all the accolades he has received. But I will also argue that Manning has been surrounded by much better talent on the offensive side of the ball. He's had Faulk, Edge and Addai as his RBs and Harrison as his #1 WR for his entire career. Brady has won more SBs with a rotating cast of relative unknowns (with the exception of Corey Dillon in his last productive year). Has he even had the same leading WR in back to back years (too lazy to look it up right now)? Now that he has the weapons, he's showing everyone what he's capable of. He can put up the same #s if not better than Manning.

As for Marino, I'm not sure how to argue that. Most Marino detractors argue that it's about rings. His supporters argue that it's about #s. Brady's got more rings. And this year when he finally has top notch weapons along the same lines as say Duper and Clayton, he's going to top Marino's #s. You can argue that Marino did it his whole career and Brady has only done it for 1 year. I can't disagree with that - I guess we'll just have to wait and see how Brady's career (and Manning's for that matter) finishes before we can assess where they fit in the big picture. It's just my opinion that Brady will go down as the best QB of all time when he's all done.

:D

He may be mentioned in the Top 5, but undisputed #1 of all time, not IMO - Of course I do come with a SF bias :wacko:

I agree that Brady is currently behind Steve Young on the all time list. :D

That's why it's just my opinion. Right now, I would agree with you that Montana is the greatest of all time. I'd just happen to believe by the time Brady retires, he will be considered by many if not most to be the greatest. We'll just have to re-open this post in 8-10 years.

These comparisons make no sense. The players were all in different situations, and there's really no way to judge how the different players would have succeeded in the other's situation.

+1

There alot of under rated QBs that will never be mentioned ,but put in the same situations of the mentioned may have accomplished the same or better.

The Pats will probably kick their azz just like they did in Dallas earlier in the year.

The real storyline for the NFL has go to be the Dolphins. They are SO close. I'm really worried about Baltimore though. I think it's gonna be a really great game next Sunday, maybe instant classic worthy. Just think if Miami goes 0-16 they can all get together and drink champagne every time the last winless team gets their first win of the season. Maybe they can join up with that 1970's Dolphins team that does their champagne thing every time the last undefeated team loses.

I hope Baltimore's defense is up to the challenge. Then the next week at NE, spread should be -42. Then Cinci back at Miami. I think the Miami fans will help them rally to 0-16.

OMG. One of the funniest posts I have read in a while.

QUOTE(Patriots @ 12/10/07 10:59am)

If the Pats are 17-1 or 18-0 and the cowboys are 17-1 or 16-2. Plus it would be the best two QBs in the league.

Thoughts?

Is Peyton Manning getting traded to the Cowboys or Patriots ?

This season, Brady and Romo are the best 2 QB's in the league....Manning is a GREAT QB, but based on current year's stats, Romo is having better season....3,654 passing yards, 35 tds, 107.7 passing rate for Romo; 3,358, 27 tds and 97 passing rate for Manning....