[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick gets 23 months

Randall

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And remember he can't appeal. Also there is very little time off for good behavior in the federal system according to the reports. They are saying Oct 09 and then a league suspension.
So presuming at least a year suspension from the league, the earliest he would be back would be Oct 2010...and then he'd have to find a team, learn the system, etc. Unless someone was really desperate, it would be 2011 before he likely could play. I wonder if 3+ years off will effectively end his career (if it already hasn't).

3 years from now, he'll attempt to make a comeback, make a roster for the preseason, be cut, and never heard from again.

Good riddance.

Amen. That would be nice.

It would be one helluva lot nicer if his sentence was longer (something he more than earned), but oh well, take what you can get. I suspect he'll be treated like royalty by his fellow scumbags though - we aren't exactly talking Shawshank here (that would be great too - have "the sisters" pay him a visit).

Mean Machine!

MEAN MACHINE!

MEAN MACHINE!

:D I love that movie.

Thought that Vick would get more like 12-15 months. Sucks for him that he has to serve 85% of his sentencing under Federal guidelines (as opposed to 50% under the state), but hopefully he'll be a better man after he's released.

:D I love that movie.

Thought that Vick would get more like 12-15 months. Sucks for him that he has to serve 85% of his sentencing under Federal guidelines (as opposed to 50% under the state), but hopefully he'll be a better man after he's released.

thx

you just answered my question.

23 months huh. Pretty good. The prosecutors recommendation was really weak. I'm glad the judge is tough.

Now what is equally important is the ruling on Atlanta getting their money back needs to stand. Since he's not gonna be going to prison for all that long, Mikey Vick losing all his money is the most important thing. Hopefully the appeal will lose and the Falcons will get back the nearly $20 million owed from the signing bonus. Then the Royal Bank of Canada needs to win their lawsuit for over $2.3 million, the 1st Source Bank in Indiana needs to win their lawsuit of $2 million, and the Wachovia Bank needs to win their lawsuit of $940,000. Why was that idiot taking out loans when he signed a $130 million contract? LOL. Don't forget the nearly $1 million the government got for taking care of the dogs, they had to freeze the money cause Mikey will be broke soon. Oh and his legal fees. Throw in all the money he probably squandered, before this all happened, thinking it would never run out, the rest of the money on his contract gone, his endorsements gone, and the fact that no team will ever give him anything other than the league minimum or slightly above, yep he should hopefully be about broke when he gets out of the slammer with no chance of getting close to being rich again. For normal people making the NFL minimum salary is a lot of money but poor Mikey Vick will probably piss that all away on cock fighting or something.

Edited by Siberia

What a waste of a life. So much potential squandered for something so mindless and low-class as dogfighting. It is clear that Vick possesses low intelligence and bad judgement, but it is a shame that he didn't have just one friend or family member who could have served as a mentor. The fact that he elected to go to prison to begin his sentence 3 days before Thanksgiving says a lot about the lack of any support system. That to me is really sad.

23 months huh. Pretty good. The prosecutors recommendation was really weak. I'm glad the judge is tough.

Now what is equally important is the ruling on Atlanta getting their money back needs to stand. Since he's not gonna be going to prison for all that long, Mikey Vick losing all his money is the most important thing. Hopefully the appeal will lose and the Falcons will get back the nearly $20 million owed from the signing bonus. Then the Royal Bank of Canada needs to win their lawsuit for over $2.3 million, the 1st Source Bank in Indiana needs to win their lawsuit of $2 million, and the Wachovia Bank needs to win their lawsuit of $940,000. Why was that idiot taking out loans when he signed a $130 million contract? LOL. Don't forget the nearly $1 million the government got for taking care of the dogs, they had to freeze the money cause Mikey will be broke soon. Oh and his legal fees. Throw in all the money he probably squandered, before this all happened, thinking it would never run out, the rest of the money on his contract gone, his endorsements gone, and the fact that no team will ever give him anything other than the league minimum or slightly above, yep he should hopefully be about broke when he gets out of the slammer with no chance of getting close to being rich again. For normal people making the NFL minimum salary is a lot of money but poor Mikey Vick will probably piss that all away on cock fighting or something.

This is precisely what will teach him and other scumbag sportsmen a lesson.

Edited by Hat Trick

Several issues were he didn't cooperate fully with the feds after saying he would and getting busted with Josh Gordon in his drug test.

Part of this was that he said he didn't kill any of the dogs himself but the co defendants said he did. Lying and failing to live up to the agreement did him in.

Th judge also owns 2 dogs.