[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick gets 23 months

Randall

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Jessie Jackson and that other clown Al Sharpton now, saying Vick agreed to this plea because he couldnt win a trial. Vicks own lawyer blasted him, saying his actions resulted in these consequences, and Vick is extremely sorry.

Funny these clowns never show up after the fact and apologize to the public for spewing their mouth. Didnt do it here, didnt do it in the Duke Lacrosse case, yet they are the first to jump someones ass and call everyone a racist if we think one of their clients/defendants are guilty. They should disappear forever now, but you just know they wont.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Eh I think it's a bit much, but there's no real arguing of it because he probably got what he deserved in the eyes of the law. I'll be waiting for his return to the NFL. :D

A bit much? :D Because he is (was) rich and (in)famous and should be farther above the law? :D Because his no-name accomplices got 18 and 20 months and he got 23 as the bankroller? :wacko: Because Michael didn't have the scrambling ability that OJ did? :D

But, like you said, he probably got what he deserved in the eyes of the law ... And in the case of a felon, that's what matters.

Dog hating Falcon fans still sporting their Vick spamshirts I see. :D

That's because there is no other jersey of "note" on the team!

Any other number on the team and you would be saying to yourself, who the hell is that?!?!

Edit: I'm sorry... there is Warrick Dunn. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum (Dunn vs Vick).

Edited by millerx

That's because there is no other jersey of "note" on the team!

Any other number on the team and you would be saying to yourself, who the hell is that?!?!

Edit: I'm sorry... there is Warrick Dunn. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum (Dunn vs Vick).

Yeah true. I guess you could go with Crumpler as well.

I like that R. White dude too. Could turn into a pretty good WR in this league if given the right QB.

Edited by 'canes2004

Did anyone catch the D.Hall eye sticker (the black things the players wear under their eyes). He's only wearing one, and it has MV7 written on it??

Those VT boys really stick together.

Um, Roddy White was wearing something written on his undershirt as well.

I am sure you can find any major football program and if something happened to one of its better players, the other players in the league would rally around. The U, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, etc.

Rant... I think this sucks. I eat meat… I need big cows and chickens to die so I can eat them. How bad would this have been if it were cockfighting? How about the hunters that kill the pretty prouncing deer? Prolly a slap on the wrist, because we eat chickens, so that makes it less evil. You have a wonderful pet dog and this seems to be the root of evil… it is, don’t get me wrong. I’m assuming you grew up without a family member taking you to see a dogfight as a kid. I’m assuming this world is so foreign to you that you can’t contemplate it. Michael Vick is a dumbass. He’s a gifted athlete, but he’s a dumbass. We all have our gifts, and Vick’s gift was his body… not his brain. So he’s gonna sit in jail until the summer of 2009 as the poster child for what you can’t get away with when it comes to being that evil to Fido. Do you feel safer that Michael Vick is in jail? I don’t. I was sitting in a room full of Ethiopian people the night the OJ verdict was announced. I was the only white guy there, and they all cheered when it was announced. What a long strange trip it’s been… I’m as lily white as the day is long. Anyway, the Ethiopian woman I was dating at the time put me there, and I spoke to her brother about the verdict afterwards, because I was pissed. He told me how he was driving home one night, and somewhere where he worked (the night shift as he went to college) there was a robbery. He was pulled over, and just because he was black the officer was taking him in. He had a stamped time card that proved he was at work when it happened, but they took him in anyway. He stayed in jail for two days before he could get out. An immigrant from Ethiopia, his only crime was being black. Ethiopians come from two classes, and the people I knew were rich in Ethiopia before their land was seized by the government. They have stories of family members dying… just because they were rich and the government wanted their wealth. This guy is young and wealthy enough to make his way here, and he spends two days in jail just for being black. I didn’t understand the pain, but I understood why the whole OJ thing had the impact it did. This Vick thing is a big blow to Atlanta. Cornholler can lick my sweaty nut sac in his contrite blathering crap. Walk in Vick’s shoes… this sucks. Michael Vick isn’t that smart, but no one ever took me to see a dogfight as a kid. I eat chickens, and dogs are nice and sweet and man’s best friend. There’s a list a mile long of people I’d like to see stay in jail for being a threat to the public by doing horrible things to people in front of Michael Vick. This is dumb… Vick is just dumb… cut him some slack for not being as smart as you are… I hate this. He’ll be in the big house until the summer of 2009 :D .

Um, they weren't killing and TORTURING the dogs for food. I don't care how dumb Vick is, anyone who tortures dogs for fun ( we all know he doesn't need the money) should be put in jail. It doesn't take a genius to know right from wrong and dog fighting is wrong on several levels. Should we give him a pass because he's dumb? No.

Um, they weren't killing and TORTURING the dogs for food. I don't care how dumb Vick is, anyone who tortures dogs for fun ( we all know he doesn't need the money) should be put in jail. It doesn't take a genius to know right from wrong and dog fighting is wrong on several levels. Should we give him a pass because he's dumb? No.

That's a judgment... I guess you're entitled to it. It's wrong, so don't think I'm trying to spin it. I just don't think 2 years in jail for being dumb is warranted... JMHO.

That's a judgment... I guess you're entitled to it. It's wrong, so don't think I'm trying to spin it. I just don't think 2 years in jail for being dumb is warranted... JMHO.

Based on the time I spent clerking for an appellate court back in Houston, I'd say that about 98% of those who go to jail go because they did something dumb. It's just that the dumb thing also happened to be ILLEGAL. Vick is no different. He committed (multiple) illegal acts. That he was dumb to have broken the law simply cannot be a defense or there'd be no point in having a criminal justice system in the first place.

Edited by yo mama

Rant... I think this sucks. I eat meat… I need big cows and chickens to die so I can eat them. How bad would this have been if it were cockfighting? How about the hunters that kill the pretty prouncing deer? Prolly a slap on the wrist, because we eat chickens, so that makes it less evil. You have a wonderful pet dog and this seems to be the root of evil… it is, don’t get me wrong. I’m assuming you grew up without a family member taking you to see a dogfight as a kid. I’m assuming this world is so foreign to you that you can’t contemplate it. Michael Vick is a dumbass. He’s a gifted athlete, but he’s a dumbass. We all have our gifts, and Vick’s gift was his body… not his brain. So he’s gonna sit in jail until the summer of 2009 as the poster child for what you can’t get away with when it comes to being that evil to Fido. Do you feel safer that Michael Vick is in jail? I don’t. I was sitting in a room full of Ethiopian people the night the OJ verdict was announced. I was the only white guy there, and they all cheered when it was announced. What a long strange trip it’s been… I’m as lily white as the day is long. Anyway, the Ethiopian woman I was dating at the time put me there, and I spoke to her brother about the verdict afterwards, because I was pissed. He told me how he was driving home one night, and somewhere where he worked (the night shift as he went to college) there was a robbery. He was pulled over, and just because he was black the officer was taking him in. He had a stamped time card that proved he was at work when it happened, but they took him in anyway. He stayed in jail for two days before he could get out. An immigrant from Ethiopia, his only crime was being black. Ethiopians come from two classes, and the people I knew were rich in Ethiopia before their land was seized by the government. They have stories of family members dying… just because they were rich and the government wanted their wealth. This guy is young and wealthy enough to make his way here, and he spends two days in jail just for being black. I didn’t understand the pain, but I understood why the whole OJ thing had the impact it did. This Vick thing is a big blow to Atlanta. Cornholler can lick my sweaty nut sac in his contrite blathering crap. Walk in Vick’s shoes… this sucks. Michael Vick isn’t that smart, but no one ever took me to see a dogfight as a kid. I eat chickens, and dogs are nice and sweet and man’s best friend. There’s a list a mile long of people I’d like to see stay in jail for being a threat to the public by doing horrible things to people in front of Michael Vick. This is dumb… Vick is just dumb… cut him some slack for not being as smart as you are… I hate this. He’ll be in the big house until the summer of 2009 :D .

So the moral to this story is... he's now a republican??

Based on the time I spent clerking for an appellate court back in Houston, I'd say that about 98% of those who go to jail go because they did something dumb. It's just that the dumb thing also happened to be ILLEGAL. Vick is no different. He committed (multiple) illegal acts. That he was dumb to have broken the law simply cannot be a defense or there'd be no point in having a criminal justice system in the first place.

I understand your point, and I’m not telling you you’re wrong. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy when we bash Bob Barker for wearing leather shoes and dying his hair. I eat meat and people hunt… animals have to die. It’s illegal… I get that… it's cruel... I get that... just not that harsh of a punishment. Some dude breaking into my house would get less time. Vick’s a poster child… I just think it’s dumb, and I understand why you don’t.

It's obvious that we are on the opposite sides of the fence and that's cool. But a 17 year old who holds up a 7-11 is dumb as well. Do we not punish him because he did a dumb thing?

How about the guy who had 11 shots and drives home. On the way home he crashes his car into an innocent bystander out for a jog. It's obvious he didn't mean to kill the guy, he just did a dumb thing. Should he not be punished?

Or my favorite Florida thing. The mom who is so busy she forgets that her kid is in the car in 95 degree heat. She didn't mean to kill her kid. She just did a really dumb thing.

Being dumb is one thing. Knowing right from wrong is another. If you do not know right from wrong, then it's better that your not let loose on society anyway.