[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shauna Alexander

alexgaddis

Yeah, I can't offer you much sympathy there. Either Alexander gets a cheap score or you get bupkus, and we've known that for quite sometime now. I do like Roddy White's chances tonight though, so you might get a second chance.

I've advanced to the next round, but I've got some tough decisions to make with guys that have been starting for me all year but have been on the wrong side of mediocre for the past several weeks like Kitna, Edge, and Housh.

Here is the thing that absolutely kills me.

Shaun Alexander set the all-time scoring record in 2005 (actually ends up as the one year record), and then signs an eight year, $62 million contract before the 2006 season. Last year the $62 million man had 896 yards, 7 TDs and a YPC of 3.6. This year he has 595 yards and 3 TDs with a YPC of 3.3. Throw in, say, Larry Johnson this year and why would a franchise ever pay big money for a running back - any running back? What a colossal waste of money. LT has kept his value so far but man, they get paid and fall apart. If I were an NFL team owner, fans would hate me because I would never pay big money to a stud RB. It is just throwing money away and screwing your salary cap.

I agree. You just don't get the same bang for your buck over the long haul with the "skill" players that you do with the fullbacks, TEs, and linemen. Get yourself some good ones, take care of 'em, and they'll make just about any NFL calibre player look good. It sill boggles my mind that the Seahawks had no problem spending money on Alexander and Burleson but let Hutch walk.

Yeah, I can't offer you much sympathy there. Either Alexander gets a cheap score or you get bupkus, and we've known that for quite sometime now. I do like Roddy White's chances tonight though, so you might get a second chance.

I've advanced to the next round, but I've got some tough decisions to make with guys that have been starting for me all year but have been on the wrong side of mediocre for the past several weeks like Kitna, Edge, and Housh.

Thats just it, if he wouldn't have gotten into the endzone the week before I never would have even considered him. I thought he was back from injury and playing at home against a beat up Cards D it seemed to make sense...that was the last time I will ever start him...sad really, I drafted him in his rookie year and kept him in my keeper league ever since...even with the 28 TD season I never won the SB in this league...

oh, and I am playing AGAINST Roddy White tonight... :D

Thats just it, if he wouldn't have gotten into the endzone the week before I never would have even considered him. I thought he was back from injury and playing at home against a beat up Cards D it seemed to make sense...that was the last time I will ever start him...sad really, I drafted him in his rookie year and kept him in my keeper league ever since...even with the 28 TD season I never won the SB in this league...

oh, and I am playing AGAINST Roddy White tonight... :D

Ouch. Sorry about that.

Man, if you've been rolling with Alexander that long, I can see why you would have given him one more shot, especially if your other options weren't good. I don't think it was unreasonable to expect a score under the circumstances, but since it's "score or bust" with Alexander, he's just way too risky to use.

Good luck tonight. It doesn't look good on paper, but this is the 2007 Falcons we're talking about, so you might still have a shot.

Shaun Alexander set the all-time scoring record in 2005 (actually ends up as the one year record), and then signs an eight year, $62 million contract before the 2006 season. Last year the $62 million man had 896 yards, 7 TDs and a YPC of 3.6. This year he has 595 yards and 3 TDs with a YPC of 3.3. Throw in, say, Larry Johnson this year and why would a franchise ever pay big money for a running back - any running back? What a colossal waste of money. LT has kept his value so far but man, they get paid and fall apart. If I were an NFL team owner, fans would hate me because I would never pay big money to a stud RB. It is just throwing money away and screwing your salary cap.

This is exactly why I was cool with the Colts giving Edge a respectable first contract, but then franchise-tagging him when he turned 27 and letting him walk as a FA the following year. Addai may not be Edge, but he can produce at almost the same level for a heck of a lot less money.

How about rewarding someone with a fat contract that put up MVP caliber numbers for three seasons while under the terms of his rookie contract?

It's not like the Seahawks haven't been able to afford other big money players like Julian Peterson, Patrick Kearny, and Deon Grant on the defensive side of the ball. Matt Hasselbeck, Walter Jones, and Deion Branch are all up near the highest paid at their respective positions as well.

And don't reference Steve Hutchinson as a counter, because he opted not to sign with the Seahawks.

I don't have a problem with a running back holding out for more money knowing the risk he is taking. RBs have the shortest shelf life of about any NFL player, they are central to the success of a team and yet so much of their production relies on the offensive blocking. There are only a handful of truly talented runners in the NFL, the rest are just in offenses that either allow or limit their production. It would seem very reasonable to have a lot of incentive clauses in contracts for RBs since so many do nothing special and yet a few do all their best work under rookie contracts.

If a runner has some success, he should be rewarded for it but waiting until they have played for five years and then dumping a ton of cash on them to stay just usually ends up paying for nothing.

If a runner has some success, he should be rewarded for it but waiting until they have played for five years and then dumping a ton of cash on them to stay just usually ends up paying for nothing.

Yup, and what hurts DMD is they did it for HOLMES and JOHNSON..........we all want Carl Petersons head on a platter here. It was 50-50 in KC whether we even wanted the guy on the team let alone pay him all that money. They could have traded him and got something of great value for him......like maybe a LINEMAN! The GM has made mistake after mistake here and we just can't take it any longer. It's funny but everyone wants to see us lose all the rest of our games and maybe get a top 5 pick.......but yet in the back of everyones minds they say.....doesn't matter cause they will f it up anyway.

It sill boggles my mind that the Seahawks had no problem spending money on Alexander and Burleson but let Hutch walk.

I always thought they should have kept Hutch over SA but, they didn't exactly let Hutch walk.

Seattle has consistently had one of the better salary cap situations over the last few years and looks to be the same in the future. SA's guaranteed money ends after next season and Burleson's does not make a ton of money...the contract was symbolic.

I don't have a problem with a running back holding out for more money knowing the risk he is taking. RBs have the shortest shelf life of about any NFL player, they are central to the success of a team and yet so much of their production relies on the offensive blocking. There are only a handful of truly talented runners in the NFL, the rest are just in offenses that either allow or limit their production. It would seem very reasonable to have a lot of incentive clauses in contracts for RBs since so many do nothing special and yet a few do all their best work under rookie contracts.

would you say MBIII falls into this category?...the dude can run, catch and block and imo

is being limited in his production....and i'm pretty sure he's making the minimum (?)

the guy is a pleasure to watch and i can't imagine him tailing off after making more cash

as long as he's healthy

Edited by pig devilz

6 carries for -3 yards at the half. :D

What do you expect from a washed up bitch ? Hes killing me..He was the best available option after I lost LJ and Brown..id be better off starting my sister