[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not another Pats bashing, just a question

Sgt. Ryan

Why are the Pats not wearing #21 on the back of their helmets. Seems the rest of the NFL embraced this.

BTW, I found the press conference afterwards gold. Belicheck usually spews the same ole garbage, but yesterday he said we have certainly played much better safeties than him. Classic.

One more thing, what if these teams meet in the playoffs, and Pittsburgh wins, you think this kid will say, Yeah I meant the one that counts, not the regular season match up. :D

16-0 is a cakewalk now for NE. :Super Jinx:

no other teams wore #91, for pats DL marquise hill, who drowned while saving another person from drowning after a jet ski accident.

Good point. No offense to Taylor's family/friends, but I don't understand why the entire league embraced Taylor and ignored Hill and Darrant Williams.

Good point. No offense to Taylor's family/friends, but I don't understand why the entire league embraced Taylor and ignored Hill and Darrant Williams.

I have two hunches:

1) Neither Williams nor Hill died during the regular season (though Williams was the same night of the Broncos' season finale if I remember correctly.

2) Neither Williams nor Hill was as high profile of a player as Sean Taylor.

...and Damien Nash, who collapsed and died of cardiac arrest after playing in a charity basketball game. I think MTSuper is right, it's because those players simply weren't as high-profile as Taylor, whose league- and nationwide canonization into borderline sainthood, frankly, absolutely baffled me. I thought putting the #21 stickers on all NFL helmets wasn't warranted when compared to these other (lesser-known, yes) NFL players who conducted themselves as better human beings off the field and died in equally as tragic circumstances -- but, "sadly" for them, circumstances that were not as newsworthy, due to no guns, robbery, etc.and therefore couldn't be served out in shrink-wrapped sound bytes by ESPN and lapped up by a slackjawed American public like so many Hungry Man dinners.

I do think it's tragic when a young person dies before his or her time, but I for one wouldn't trade one Marquise Hill or Damien Nash for a thousand Sean Taylors.

...and Damien Nash, who collapsed and died of cardiac arrest after playing in a charity basketball game. I think MTSuper is right, it's because those players simply weren't as high-profile as Taylor, whose league- and nationwide canonization into borderline sainthood, frankly, absolutely baffled me. I thought putting the #21 stickers on all NFL helmets wasn't warranted when compared to these other (lesser-known, yes) NFL players who conducted themselves as better human beings off the field and died in equally as tragic circumstances -- but, "sadly" for them, circumstances that were not as newsworthy, due to no guns, robbery, etc.and therefore couldn't be served out in shrink-wrapped sound bytes by ESPN and lapped up by a slackjawed American public like so many Hungry Man dinners.

I absolutely agree.

I do think it's tragic when a young person dies before his or her time, but I for one wouldn't trade one Marquise Hill or Damien Nash for a thousand Sean Taylors.

well said :D

I like this new angry msaint as of late. :D

well said :D

Don't encourage him Hat.

As for ST. Yeah he had some maturity issues coming into the league but if you actually read what his high school and college coaches and teachers said about him, he was a shy but polite young man who worked hard. Going to the NFL as a 20 year old with all that money is no easy task and he handled it poorly to say the least. But this was also a guy who has been with the same girl for 5 years, who is a college grad mind you, and turned his life around over the past couple of years since becoming a father. I'm sure Redskins fans wouldn't of embraced him so much if he was a thug.

Please don't paint him to be a Pac-Man Jones type of guy

I like this new angry msaint as of late. :D

Don't encourage him Hat.

As for ST. Yeah he had some maturity issues coming into the league but if you actually read what his high school and college coaches and teachers said about him, he was a shy but polite young man who worked hard. Going to the NFL as a 20 year old with all that money is no easy task and he handled it poorly to say the least. But this was also a guy who has been with the same girl for 5 years, who is a college grad mind you, and turned his life around over the past couple of years since becoming a father. I'm sure Redskins fans wouldn't of embraced him so much if he was a thug.

Please don't paint him to be a Pac-Man Jones type of guy

I hear ya, Canes. I know you're a big UM fan and Taylor must have been one of your faves. Not trying to make light of that.

And I am angrier these days. The stress of the final weeks of WCOFF is making me snap!! :D:wacko:

I wonder if it also is due to how big the "U" fraternity is around the league. Not to take away anything from Hill or anyone else, but it seems like every team has a few Canes on it and they all work out together in the offseason if I recall correctly.

The 21 sticker was optional after the first week. I thought they wore it last week.

FWIW, the only Texans I saw wearing it during the first week were Andre Johnson and Eric Winston, both UM alum. Not sure why the rest of the team wasn't wearing the sticker, though.