[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Faulk

xMRogers

So 4 weeks ago I think I'm being smart by picking up Faulk for the specific reason of week 15 when my other RB (West/MJD/Chatman) face the 2,3 and 4 rush defenses....

My thinking was that they might put up 10 TDs against the Jets, what are the chances Faulk doesnt' get at least one if not 2? Now, it seems they aren't even using him much - got 1 pt last week. Are they completely ignoring all backs, and in this game, do they go out of their way to throw 10 long TD passes...

yes, I'm freakign out...and MJD going from above avg to "occasionally brilliant but usually average" to "is he even f'n playing this week" over the last month isn't helping me

Maybe Samkon Gadon has another 21 in him

My point - someone tell me Kevin Faulk is poised to explode this week and I'm a genius for picking him up 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't count on him exploding at any point in time. Sure - he could have a nice game at some point over the next 3 weeks but I'd say the odds are strongly against it. I wouldn't start him unless I had absolutley zero other options.

I wouldn't count on him exploding at any point in time. Sure - he could have a nice game at some point over the next 3 weeks but I'd say the odds are strongly against it. I wouldn't start him unless I had absolutley zero other options.

:D

Cobbs, Patrick MIA RB

Evans, Heath NEP RB

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Jackson, Fred BUF RB

Morris, Sammy NEP RB (I)

Pittman, Michael TBB RB (D *)

Sellers, Mike WAS RB (P *)

Williams, Ricky MIA RB (I)

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB (I)

Williams, Carnell TB RB (I)

:D

Cobbs, Patrick MIA RB

Evans, Heath NEP RB

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Jackson, Fred BUF RB

Morris, Sammy NEP RB (I)

Pittman, Michael TBB RB (D *)

Sellers, Mike WAS RB (P *)

Williams, Ricky MIA RB (I)

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB (I)

Williams, Carnell TB RB (I)

Of that crew, I'd go with Fred Jackson in a heartbeat - he's getting a lot of touches in BUF right now and they could put up a lot of points against CLE. If he gets 10-15 carries, he'll be a passable option.

Of that crew, I'd go with Fred Jackson in a heartbeat - he's getting a lot of touches in BUF right now and they could put up a lot of points against CLE. If he gets 10-15 carries, he'll be a passable option.

yeah i am going with Fred but just wanted to show off my wonderful group of RBs :D

bottom line is...with faulk...reason he sees so many snaps...and more than maroney is because hes a much better pass blocker than maroney....and the pats offense obviously leans towards throwing the balls.....and the more teams think the way to hurt the pats is to blitz...the more theyll lean on the screen....and theyll hit....as you saw in baltimore...they were able to throw baltimore off by running screen plays when maroney was in....but theyll hit faulk on screen plays...he could score anytime...if guys block well downfield

I'm pondering starting Faulk over Fred Taylor, and it's about the same choice as starting MJD, but Fred's had three 100 yard ganes in a row. With Jax at the Steelers, I could see both MJD and Fred having 50 yard games. Take the bst team in football against one of the worst teams and it bodes well for a lot of points. If we assume 40 points scored, Faulk could easily have a TD. In there to protect Brady, once the WR's torch the Jets a few times they may be content to dump the ball off on a bunch of screen passes. In a PPR Faulk could have a great FF game. If you start him you go against the projections, but the projections are based on past stats. We need a Jax homer to chime in... H8... do you start either Fred Taylor or MJD over Faulk this week? :D

I wish I was starting Faulk over MJD....I'm actually starting Faulk over Fred Jackson/Samkon Gado/Bernard Berrian (it's my flex spot). I've already decided to roll with MJD at this point and cross my fingers

I have all kinds of reasons Faulk goes for 15-20 pts, but at the end of the day, I know it'll boil down to him breaking a 40 yd TD on a screen that ends up being the "good move/bad move" deciding point.

If I had my choice of NEP running backs this weekend, I'd go with Heath Evans. If it's a blowout in the 2nd half and the weather is bad, he'll get a lot of action. Just my .02.

Non-PPR leagues, of course.

Edited by Gdawg