[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Merriman......shut your hole

Hat Trick

Actually the Geneva Convention prohibits targeting soldiers directly. You may only target equipment. So technically during combat when you fire your weapon you are suppose to aim at a helmet, canteen, belt, uniform but not the solider himself.

Off topic.

Not only that but a wounded enemy is more of a liability to your enemy rather then a dead enemy. One wounded enemy often takes another enemy out of the fight to care for the wounded one. A dead enemy is just dead. The M-16 was designed to be a wounding weapon, lethal of course.

...I know there are a lot of Merriman haters out there, but he's a dominant player who plays with a lot of heart and emotion. I'll take him on my team any day. He's one of those players who if he's on your team, you love him, and if he's on the opposing team, you hate him. I'm sure I'd dislike him if he weren't on the Chargers too.

This is a great point! The only reason why, even as a Charger fan I tolerate the game day/press shtick is because as a Charger fan, we are exposed to the other side of him off the field much more than others. In person he is a very polite and non-arrogant person, a pretty neat kid actually. He works VERY hard to directly help (i.e. he is not just a $ money source) the underprivaledged, not only in San Diego, but other areas of the country as well. He IS however a showman, and you see that on the field and in the press.

He probably falls into the same category of player like, TO, Vick, Lewis, Moss, Alzedo, Henderson, Ham, Nitchke and the entire 2007 Patriots Roster etc. Brash, bold and dominating. You love to hate 'em unless he's on your side.

I'm a little curios about this "coaches tape" everyone is talking about. Isn't this the kind of thing that got Belicheat in trouble? :D

No. These are the game films that are taken from different angles and usually very high in the nose bleed areas. When you hear about game films, these are the films that are studied and broken down. They are very wide angle and encompass the whole field. This is the best way to "break down" plays. These tapes are shared openly among the NFL teams and the league office. They have no audio.

When you see the formations being printed out on the sidelines and looked at by the players, these are the cameras that are taking those shots.

When I used to scout the upcoming team back when I was coaching a High Scool team, I did the same thing, but diagrammed the play by hand. Hence the term, Xs and Os.

From today's Union Tribune

Three Titans, one Charger fined

The Chargers believed Tennessee played dirty in last week's game, and the league apparently agreed. The NFL today fined three Titans players a total of $25,000 for various infractions, including the play on which LB Shawne Merriman injured his knee.

Titans T David Stewart was docked $12,500 for striking a player (presumably DE Jacques Cesaire) after one play and shoving Merriman after another play. Center Kevin Mawae was fined $5,000 for shoving Merriman on the same play. And, guard Eugene Amano was fined $7,500 for an illegal clip, with the league saying he struck a player from behind and below the waist.

For the Chargers, LB Shaun Phillips was fined $7,500 for a horsecollar tackle on RB Chris Brown.

On the injury front for the Chargers, QB Philip Rivers took about half the reps in practice today and said he felt about the same as he did Thursday. It still appears as though Rivers will play Sunday against Detroit, as will WR Buster Davis and G Mike Goff. FB Lorenzo Neal and Merriman were listed as out, while DE Luis Castillo -- who practiced on a limited basis -- was listed as doubtful. Castillo, however, said he wouldn't play. Rivers, TE Antonio Gates and NT Jamal Williams were listed as questionable. Gates is considered a likely participant; Williams not so much.

Detroit listed WR Roy Williams and PR Troy Walters as out. The rest of the Lions are expected to play.

They started and the Chargers finished! :D

Edited by McBoog