[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weather Sunday in NE

Patriots

I wouldn't be so sure yet if I were you about using the dancing pickle and being happy about Big Ben not doing well tomorrow. I think Ben carries the team tomorrow as FWP probably won't have too much success and the Jags can be thrown on. :D

you just turned my pickle into relish...

:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be so sure yet if I were you about using the dancing pickle and being happy about Big Ben not doing well tomorrow. I think Ben carries the team tomorrow as FWP probably won't have too much success and the Jags can be thrown on. :D

Weather Channel is saying the storn will actually be worse in Cleveland an Pitt, since it will be a north wind of 20-30 mph with all snow on the backside of the storm, as opposed to southerly winds and more rain in the afternoon hours along the seaboard cities (NY & Boston) on the northside of the storm.

Per the WeatherChannel.com:

Cleveland: Tomorrow: A wintry mix in the morning will transition to mainly snow in the afternoon. High 32F. E winds shifting to WNW at 20 to 30 mph. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.

Pittsburgh: Windy. Rain showers in the morning mixing with and changing to snow in the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.

Foxboro: A mix of winter precipitation in the morning will give way to a mixture of rain and freezing rain in the afternoon. High 37F. Winds ENE at 20 to 30 mph. About one inch of snow expected.

Nice time for Mother Nature to decide she wants to impact the fantasy football playoffs, eh?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

It looks from my local forecasts that the storm is tracking further inland than originally predicted. The Foxborough area will probably see a lot more rain than snow, especially by game time. In my part of NH, I was expecting 6"+ of snow, but the predictions are decreasing, with more icing. However, the wind could be the problem. It is a Nor'easter, after all.

Weather Channel is saying the storn will actually be worse in Cleveland an Pitt, since it will be a north wind of 20-30 mph with all snow on the backside of the storm, as opposed to southerly winds and more rain in the afternoon hours along the seaboard cities (NY & Boston) on the northside of the storm.

Nice time for Mother Nature to decide she wants to impact the fantasy football playoffs, eh?

Looks like a 10-11 catch 100 yard game with a td coming up for Hines Ward. Throw in another 5-6 grabs for Miller and a td for him as well. The short passing game will be in full effect. The Offensive players definitely have the advantage in this type of weather, one slip by a defender and FWP, Ward, Santonio, etc could go the distance at any point.

Looks like a 10-11 catch 100 yard game with a td coming up for Hines Ward. Throw in another 5-6 grabs for Miller and a td for him as well. The short passing game will be in full effect. The Offensive players definitely have the advantage in this type of weather, one slip by a defender and FWP, Ward, Santonio, etc could go the distance at any point.

Sounds like you have some Pitt players you are counting on :D

If it was just snow, that would be one thing...but I'm not sure how you can say any offensive player has an advantage when their QB is trying to get them a wet, frozen ball in 20-30 mph winds.

I have Welker and Watson, and though I'd love to think they will see some increased production due to a "short passing game", I'm more worried than excited.

Sounds like you have some Pitt players you are counting on :D

If it was just snow, that would be one thing...but I'm not sure how you can say any offensive player has an advantage when their QB is trying to get them a wet, frozen ball in 20-30 mph winds.

I have Welker and Watson, and though I'd love to think they will see some increased production due to a "short passing game", I'm more worried than excited.

I do have Pitt players in my one league. Big Ben and FWP. Just trying to think positively and find the silver lining. :D The wind will be a problem more than anything.

i'm about 30 min north of gillette and FWIW: was just out shoveling and it's UGLY out there...sleet/rain, wind...no more snow but not sure which is worse, wet/sleet/muck or light fluffy snow.

Wendi Nix of ESPN reports that the weather at Foxborough Stadium "is an absolute mess" The tarp is still on the field less than two hours before kickoff, so players won't be getting their typical warm-up time. Snow and what The Weather Channel reports could be 35 MPH winds will will lessen the Patriots' chances of putting up more sick numbers offensively, specifically put a big hit on Tom Brady's fantasy value.

Edited by msaint

This just in from weather.com for foxboro :

wintry mix for today ( snow accumulations 5-8 inches ) giving way to rain , later this afternoon ,with wind 25-35 mph

I guess i am sitting Gaffney but dont mind as i face Brady and welker in one league semifinal

Edited by isleseeya

i'm about 30 min north of gillette and FWIW: was just out shoveling and it's UGLY out there...sleet/rain, wind...no more snow but not sure which is worse, wet/sleet/muck or light fluffy snow.

Wendi Nix of ESPN reports that the weather at Foxborough Stadium "is an absolute mess" The tarp is still on the field less than two hours before kickoff, so players won't be getting their typical warm-up time. Snow and what The Weather Channel reports could be 35 MPH winds will will lessen the Patriots' chances of putting up more sick numbers offensively, specifically put a big hit on Tom Brady's fantasy value.

Nope. Tedy Bruschi is going to inhale with his mighty lungs and swallow up all that snow and wind and crap it into a Gatorade cup.

Silly storm :D

.....Patriots throw, throw and throw some more.

over the middle, out patterns, double and triple moves, get behind the DB's

then its off to the races, good luck catching up to Moss.

Moss, 2 td's. Welker 1

and with watson out hope this means more for welker? :D