[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Gumbel on Thursday Night!

from rotoworld...

Bryant Gumbel will miss the NFL Network's Thursday night broadcast with a sore throat.

Rejoice, football fans, rejoice! Tom Hammond will replace Gumbel in a move that rivals Kyle Orton's ascension to starter as the most exciting news of the week.

Now if they can get rid of Chris Collinsworth and the SUCKY game calling will end. They have to be the worst game callers EVER.

I can put up with a whole lotta Collinsworth as long as I don't have to listen to Kermit.

I like Hammond's game calling. I guarantee if you don't know him by name, you'll recognize him by voice on Thursday night. I'm not sure whether or not he still does them, but he used to call all of the Notre Dame games on NBC. I haven't watched one in a while, so I'm not sure.

Wrong. This is Satan's work. Satan is going to tantalize us with just ONE week without Gumbel ... just so when he returns the following week it is that much worse.

Kind of like giving a man dying of thirst in the desert a single glass of water so his suffering can continue.

I dunno....there's quite a rumor going around that the NFL network isn't asking him back next year.

Anyone else hear this? :D