[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone know if there was an NFL scoring change this week?

Skrappy1

In my local, run on Yahoo for the first year, I lost a playoff game this week by less than a third of a point. Or so I had thought at least. I had checked yesterday morning, and it showed me having lost by about a third of a point. Yahoo scoring I believe is supposed to be "official" on Tuesday mornings. I don't remember exactly what the point totals were. Now, our Commissioner just called me saying that the other guy is freaking out (understandably) because today Yahoo shows me winning by about 2/3 of a point and advancing, and the other guy being knocked out of the playoffs. My question is, does anyone know if the NFL and/or Yahoo officially changed someone's yardage totals or something today or yesterday? Whatever it would be would be a small change as I either gained 1 point, or my opponent lost 1 point. Thanks in advance if someone can shed some light on this for me.

Our lineups, if it helps:

MINE:

QB Jon Kitna 9.92

WR Andre Johnson 23.20

WR Brandon Marshall 39.50

RB Kevin Jones 23.20

RB Laurence Maroney 1.80

TE Antonio Gates 17.70

W/R Calvin Johnson 10.10

K Shayne Graham 14.00

DEF Minnesota 23.00

Total 162.42

HIS:

QB Jay Cutler 35.96

WR Torry Holt 17.00

WR Steve Smith 10.40

RB Joseph Addai 29.10

RB Edgerrin James 10.00

TE Tony Gonzalez 20.60

W/R LenDale White 26.70

K Mason Crosby 9.00

DEF Chicago 3.00

Total 161.76

Edited by Skrappy1

:D

The sign of a desperate owner that came out on the wrong end of a very close game.

Come on ... take it like a man ... you lost.

Once again, not only do you show that you are a classless and utter jackass, but also that you cannot read. The change shows me as having won. I didn't even know about it until I was just notified. I'm just trying to figure out why the change occurred, and if it is actually official. Get a clue man, really.

Edited by Skrappy1

I have the Minny team D and they were awarded two extra points. Our site stat changes listed Pat Williams with a fumble recovery but also took away an interception. I havent looked close enough to figure out what happened because it didnt change the outcome of my game but you may want to start you search for answers there.

I have the Minny team D and they were awarded two extra points. Our site stat changes listed Pat Williams with a fumble recovery but also took away an interception. I havent looked close enough to figure out what happened because it didnt change the outcome of my game but you may want to start you search for answers there.
if you want you can PM me tomm and remind me to post them here for you
Minnesota's Pat Williams was originally credited with an interception and it was changed to a fumble recovery . . . or maybe it was vice versa. Not sure. I'll try to find the link.

Thanks again fellas. I e-mailed Yahoo too to see if they can answer exactly what went down, but this is what I love about the Huddle, all kinds of good, quick info on stuff like this. I appreciate it.

Minnesota's Pat Williams was originally credited with an interception and it was changed to a fumble recovery . . . or maybe it was vice versa. Not sure. I'll try to find the link.

Would this be the answer though? All the leagues I am in, a fumble recovery and an interception are worth the same pts in all of them...

Would this be the answer though? All the leagues I am in, a fumble recovery and an interception are worth the same pts in all of them...

In most IDP leagues, you would also get points for a pass defended in addition to the interception, but would not be the case for a fumble recovery.

Here is MFL's list of "strange plays"

And yes, Grits is the biggest a-hole here.

* Robbie Gould (CHI) had a 48-yd FG attempt Blocked by Kedric Golston (WAS).

* John Beck (MIA) Lost a Fumble and George Wilson (BUF) Returned it 20 yards for a TD.

* Carson Palmer (CIN) threw an Interception and Fakhir Brown (STL) Returned it 36 yards for a TD.

* Will Blackmon (GB) Returned a Punt 57 yards for a TD.

* Tim Dwight (OAK) Lost a Fumble and Will Blackmon (GB) Recovered in the end zone for a 0 yard TD.

* Andre' Davis (HOU) Returned a Kickoff 97 yards for a TD.

* Vinny Testaverde (CAR) threw an Interception and Clint Ingram (JAC) Returned it 39 yards for a TD.

* Trent Dilfer (SF) threw an Interception and Kevin Williams (MIN) Returned it 18 yards for a TD.

* Seattle scored a Safety when Josh Scobey (SEA) forced Mitch Berger (ARI) out of bound in the end zone.

* Kurt Warner (ARI) threw an Interception and Marcus Trufant (SEA) Returned it 84 yards for a TD.

* Indianapolis scored a Safety when Michael Coe (IND) Blocked a Punt by Sam Koch (BAL) out of the end zone.

* Yamon Figurs (BAL) Returned a Kickoff 94 yards for a TD.

* Chris Redman (ATL) threw an Interception and Roman Harper (NO) Returned it 31 yards for a TD.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12337626.html

Same thing happened to me in Sportsline. Won because Minnesota got 2 additional points.

It's about 3 quarters of the way down that article. Pat Williams' interception was changed to a fumble

AND Minnesota was credited with a team sack.

Scoring change

For the second consecutive week, a Vikings defensive lineman has had an interception changed to a fumble recovery after a review by the Elias Sports Bureau. Last week, it was left end Kenechi Udeze.

On Monday, the NFL's official statistician ruled the third-quarter play on which nose tackle Pat Williams appeared to intercept a pass by Shaun Hill actually was a fumble recovery because the arm of the 49ers quarterback was going backward when he lost the ball. The Vikings also were awarded a team sack, giving them three Sunday.

The interception would have been the second of Williams' 11-year career. The change means that defensive tackle Kevin Williams had the only interception for the Vikings on Sunday.

I think Yahoo just gave you an extra point for having the cahones to start Maroney... :D

:D Yeah, not my greatest move ever. My RBs have been devasted by injury this year, but I had guys like Kenny Watson, Maurice Morris, Fred Jackson, and Aaron Stecker on my bench (and it's a point-per-reception league). If I had started any one of those guys over Maroney, who I put in for some unknown reason over Jackson on Sunday, I would have won easily and this wouldn't have even been noticed.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12337626.html

Same thing happened to me in Sportsline. Won because Minnesota got 2 additional points.

It's about 3 quarters of the way down that article. Pat Williams' interception was changed to a fumble

AND Minnesota was credited with a team sack.

Scoring change

For the second consecutive week, a Vikings defensive lineman has had an interception changed to a fumble recovery after a review by the Elias Sports Bureau. Last week, it was left end Kenechi Udeze.

On Monday, the NFL's official statistician ruled the third-quarter play on which nose tackle Pat Williams appeared to intercept a pass by Shaun Hill actually was a fumble recovery because the arm of the 49ers quarterback was going backward when he lost the ball. The Vikings also were awarded a team sack, giving them three Sunday.

The interception would have been the second of Williams' 11-year career. The change means that defensive tackle Kevin Williams had the only interception for the Vikings on Sunday.

Thanks, this is exactly what did it. Yahoo actually responded very quickly to my e-mail, and they explained how to access the score changes. Thanks again for all the help guys. At least I can give the guy who had a victory snatched away from him an explanation as to why now.

Edited by Skrappy1

The following stat changes were made by the Elias Sports Bureau for Week #14:

* Greg White: from 4 tackles and 1 assist to 3 tackles and 2 assists.

* Greg White: from 3 sacks for 23 yards to 2.5 sacks for 19.5 yards.

* Gaines Adams: from 0 to 1 assist.

* Gaines Adams: from 0 sacks to 0.5 sacks for 3.5 yards.

* Mike Wright: from 0 to 1 assist.

* Mike Wright: from 0 sacks to 0.5 sacks for 4.5 yards.

* Jarvis Green: from 1 tackle and 0 assists to 0 tackles and 1 assist.

* Jarvis Green: from 1 sack for 9 yards to 0.5 sacks for 4.5 yards.

* Shaun Hill: from 28 to 27 pass attempts.

* Shaun Hill: from 1 to 0 interceptions.

* Shaun Hill: from 1 sack against for 5 yards to 2 sacks against for 8 yards.

* Shaun Hill: from 1 fumble and 1 lost to 2 fumbles and 2 lost.

* 49ers: from 2 sacks against for 14 yards to 3 sacks against for 17 yards.

* 49ers: from 47 to 46 pass attempts.

* 49ers: from 212 to 209 net passing yards.

* 49ers: from 2 to 1 interceptions thrown.

* 49ers: from 5 fumbles and 3 lost to 6 fumbles and 4 lost.

* Pat Williams: from 0 fumble recoveries to 1 fumble recovery for 1 yard.

* Pat Williams: from 1 interception for 1 yard to 0 interceptions.

* Pat Williams: from 1 pass defended to 0 passes defended.

* Vikings Defense: from 3 to 4 fumble recoveries.

* Vikings Defense: from 2 sacks for 14 yards to 3 sacks for 17 yards.

* Vikings Defense: from 2 to 1 interceptions.

* Bobby Wade: from 1 punt return for 6 yards to 0 punt returns.

* Mewelde Moore: from 0 punt returns to 1 punt return for 6 yards.