[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's the real TO we all know...

budlitebrad

Did TO actually say something about Parcells again before all of this started in order to get Keyshawn to bring it up? That's the part that I missed. Or did Keyshawn just bring this up out of the blue here? :D

From what I saw on NFL Countdown, TO said pretty much the same thing he said yesterday about Parcells not using him as a playmaker. Keyshawn then told TO that he was having a great year and should let it go and not throw little jabs at Tuna.

After I started this thread, I read into it more and I guess KJ was slamming TO since the season started, so I guess it's just a couple of diva receivers jawing back and forth.

I don't think he really needs to bother responding to what KJ is saying, because now he's letting the media turn the focus back on him instead of the 12-1 Cowboys. KJ is now paid to run his mouth, TO is still paid to play football. He could have stopped after his comments on Wade and left it at that. He couldn't and continued this personal attack BS with Keyshawn and now the spotlight is back on TO. Even when things are good, he can't help himself.

Aside from TO, I do think Parcells deserves some credit. He put the team together and Wade brought the best out of them (with a lot of help from Garrett).

From what I saw on NFL Countdown, TO said pretty much the same thing he said yesterday about Parcells not using him as a playmaker. Keyshawn then told TO that he was having a great year and should let it go and not throw little jabs at Tuna.

After I started this thread, I read into it more and I guess KJ was slamming TO since the season started, so I guess it's just a couple of diva receivers jawing back and forth.

I don't think he really needs to bother responding to what KJ is saying, because now he's letting the media turn the focus back on him instead of the 12-1 Cowboys. KJ is now paid to run his mouth, TO is still paid to play football. He could have stopped after his comments on Wade and left it at that. He couldn't and continued this personal attack BS with Keyshawn and now the spotlight is back on TO. Even when things are good, he can't help himself.

Aside from TO, I do think Parcells deserves some credit. He put the team together and Wade brought the best out of them (with a lot of help from Garrett).

Good post, but easier said than done. He knows Meshawn most likely and doesn't like being called out by a former player/current member of the media, and frankly I can't blame him either. I think bashing on TO in this instance is not warranted. Don't stick the microphone in his face and ask questions such as what hass been assked if you don't want to hear his truthful opinions on the matter. I'm no TO appologist, but this whole discussion he's spot on. I honestly can't remember TO calling Bill out other than he's said former coaching staff wasn't using me properly, and the new one is. He's praising his coaches and teammates for what has been a successful season and thus the reason is because of the reasons he's mentioned.

Bill knows that he put a successful team together, but you also have to give some credit to Jerry Jones as well, remember he brought TO here to the disliking of Parcells. Wade put together what Bill couldn't.....which is yet another credit to Mr. Jones. I saw all this going into the season and thus was the reason I had DAL as my preseason favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

:D

:D Yep..He was a regular choirboy when Philly signed him

He was a 1 time loser and it was worth the signing because it may have been a rocky relationship with San Fran. How quickly do those Cowboys fans forget him pounding the ball on the 50 yard line star. I guess championships come at the price of selling your soul in this case. No pride. :D

He was a 1 time loser and it was worth the signing because it may have been a rocky relationship with San Fran. How quickly do those Cowboys fans forget him pounding the ball on the 50 yard line star. I guess championships come at the price of selling your soul in this case. No pride. :D

I've got a sigline for ya!

He was a cancer and everyone knew it..Still is a time bomb..I dont see many Cowboys fans on these boards with TO spamshirts. We all know who he is..But if he is going to be on our team we are going to enjoy his massive production . The drops are annoying and costly at points but the guy is a stud on the field and has behaved this year for the most part which is all you can hope for..Teague did Dallas right by decking him after he spiked the Star. Dallas took a chance on him and it looks to be paying off..You are acting righteous but deep down you knew what you were getting when you signed him and he made a circus of your team..

Oh if the Cowpokes lose in the Playoffs you can bet your behind TO will become his arrogant old self again.

Says the fan of a team with Moss on it

Edited by whomper

I respect the fact that TO defended Phillips. But, did you see how he did it? He said Phillips allowed TO to be a playmaker and take this team to the promised land. Sounds more like TO taking credit for a succesful season than defending his coach.

That being said, I like to watch TO, and I think his commentary is a little funny. If the media wants to run their mouths, then I don't have a problem with TO firing back...especially at KJ.

Talk about mountains out of mole hills.

1. TO and Bill never got along. I think there are two reasons for the mutual disregard. One - Parcells did NOT want TO in Dallas but JJ forced the issue. Parcells treated TO with disdain the entire year even refusing to refer to him by name. Parcells perceived TO to be player who always put himself before the team and had a loud mouth that was very disruptive ... and he was right. Two - Parcells never really incorporated TO into the game plan. Partially because the game had passed Bill by and he refused to break out of the "try to get a 3 point lead and grind it out with the running game" mode and partially because he didn't like TO. I think TO is correct in his assessment that Bill Parcells didn't know how to make this team function like it should. No matter what Meshawn says on the matter TO and Bill will never see eye to eye on their time in Dallas.

2. Meshawn is correct in stating that this is the team that Bill built. However, building the team and making it work are two different things. Bill absolutely refused to give the ball to Romo and instead tried to rely on the "bus driver" type QBs like Bledsoe and Testaverde. He had only one game plan ... get a 3 point lead and run the ball. He made no adjustments. The game had passed him by. If he were still coaching the Cowboys today they would be lucky to be 6-7. Today's Cowboys attack on offense on every possession. Bill's Cowboys were passive on offense. So Bill built the team ... but only after bringing in all his washed up old Jet/NE players first ... but could not drive it; i.e. he built a race car but would only drive it 30 MPH. Garrett has taken over the offense and he is driving the race car to it's capacity.

TO has been very under the radar and non-disruptive this year ... easy to do when you are winning. This was an attempt by the media (Meshawn) to stir him up. And to say that TOs response was the "same old TO" is ludicrous. I don't think TO said anything that was wrong.

I don't know if anyone saw the piece KJ did on Chad Johnson a month or so ago, but TO basically called him a distraction to his face. CJ claimed that KJ "threw him under the bus" and called him out about being a distraction himself (aka "throw me the damn ball."). Then, they should them hugging each other. I don't expect a TO/KJ hug, but I agree that it is KJ's attempt at stirring the pot for attention. They probably had a big laugh about it over quiche the next morning.

Talk about mountains out of mole hills.

1. TO and Bill never got along. I think there are two reasons for the mutual disregard. One - Parcells did NOT want TO in Dallas but JJ forced the issue. Parcells treated TO with disdain the entire year even refusing to refer to him by name. Parcells perceived TO to be player who always put himself before the team and had a loud mouth that was very disruptive ... and he was right. Two - Parcells never really incorporated TO into the game plan. Partially because the game had passed Bill by and he refused to break out of the "try to get a 3 point lead and grind it out with the running game" mode and partially because he didn't like TO. I think TO is correct in his assessment that Bill Parcells didn't know how to make this team function like it should. No matter what Meshawn says on the matter TO and Bill will never see eye to eye on their time in Dallas.

2. Meshawn is correct in stating that this is the team that Bill built. However, building the team and making it work are two different things. Bill absolutely refused to give the ball to Romo and instead tried to rely on the "bus driver" type QBs like Bledsoe and Testaverde. He had only one game plan ... get a 3 point lead and run the ball. He made no adjustments. The game had passed him by. If he were still coaching the Cowboys today they would be lucky to be 6-7. Today's Cowboys attack on offense on every possession. Bill's Cowboys were passive on offense. So Bill built the team ... but only after bringing in all his washed up old Jet/NE players first ... but could not drive it; i.e. he built a race car but would only drive it 30 MPH. Garrett has taken over the offense and he is driving the race car to it's capacity.

TO has been very under the radar and non-disruptive this year ... easy to do when you are winning. This was an attempt by the media (Meshawn) to stir him up. And to say that TOs response was the "same old TO" is ludicrous. I don't think TO said anything that was wrong.

it's this pretty much what I said? :D

Cowboys season (as well as all other seasons with T.O. on the team) is tainted with the prideless move of signing a 2 time loser and a player who disrespected the franchise several years earlier.

Next to Tank Johnson....anyway, football is not about who has a criminal or psycotic past, it is about winning. One of the two (Moss or Owens) will most likely get a ring and try to take some credit for it. Real fans know it is all about team. For my favorite team it was the Haley's, the Tuinei's, Eric Williams, Darren Woodson, Deion, Emmitt, Irvin and Troy Aikmans just to save time from naming the other ones b/c when our team wins we love every damn one of them, no matter how crazy they are.

Edited by Scooby

Oh if the Cowpokes lose in the Playoffs you can bet your behind TO will become his arrogant old self again.

Just like last year...right?