[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody starting Sage tonight?

Swampnuts

Kitna's been killing me softly for awhile, and I was thinking about rolling with Rosefels tonight. Anybody think he's got some moxie tonight? Feel free to talk me out of it if you think he sux. He looked like the trash heap in Miami, but he actually looks like a real player so far this year. I just can't take another Kitna goose egg.

Have to decide between Sage, Garcia, and Kitna. Leaning towards Sage, who has thrown multiple TDs (recently against Tampa, who has a better DEF than Denver) more frequently than Kitna despite playing in less than half as many games. The way I figure it, Sage and Kitna will both throw for at least 200 yards. But Kitna has thrown for 0 TDs in 4 of 13 games (and 3 of those came in the last 8 games). Sage has produced at least 1 TD in each of his 6 games this year (i.e., he hasn't thrown 0 TDs in any game this year). He's also thrown for 3 or more TDs twice in those 6 games. Kitna has thrown 3 (but never more) TDs only once this year: back in Week 1.

Sage strikes me has having more upside, less down side, but his "average" is about the same as Kitna's. Plus, Sage is at home; Kitna is on the road. While Merriman isn't playing, San Diego still has a great defense and a lot left to play for. Denver has given up about the 6th most points to fantasy QBs this year. However, they have been playing better on DEF lately, so that stat isn't as rosy as it seems at first blush.

- They have virtually the same completion ratio (66% for Sage; 65.9% for Kitna).

- Kitna has the edge on turnovers (INTs and FUM combined). Kitna has turned the ball over 18 times in 452 attempts (a turn over 3.98% of the time); Sage has turned the ball over 10 times in 159 passing attempts (6.28% of the time).

- Sage has the advantage in TD-to-pass ratio with 11 passing TDs in 159 pass attempts (6.92%) versus Kitna who has thrown only 15 TDs on the season in 452 attempts (a much lesser 3.32%).

Edited by yo mama

Have to decide between Sage, Garcia, and Kitna. Leaning towards Sage, who has thrown multiple TDs (recently against Tampa, who has a better DEF than Denver) more frequently than Kitna. The way I figure it, Sage and Kitna will both throw for at least 200 yards. But Kitna has thrown for 0 TDs in 4 of 13 games (and 3 of those came in the last 8 games). Sage has produced at least 1 TD in each of his 6 games this year (i.e., he hasn't thrown 0 TDs in any game this year). He's also thrown for 3 or more TDs twice in those 6 games. Kitna has thrown 3 (but never more) TDs only once this year: back in Week 1.

Sage strikes me has having more upside, less down side, but his "average" is about the same as Kitna's. Plus, Sage is at home; Kitna is on the road. While Merriman isn't playing, San Diego still has a great defense and a lot left to play for. Denver has given up about the 6th most points to fantasy QBs this year. However, they have been playing better on DEF lately, so that stat isn't as rosy as it seems at first blush.

- They have virtually the same complition ratio (66% for Sage; 65.9% for Kitna).

- Kitna has the edge on turnovers (INTs and FUM combined). Kitna has turned the ball over 18 times in 452 attempts (a turn over 3.98% of the time); Sage has turned the ball over 10 times in 452 passing attempts (6.28% of the time).

- Sage has the advantage in TD-to-pass ratio with 11 passing TDs in 159 pass attempts (6.92%) versus Kitna who has thrown only 15 TDs on the season in 452 attempts (a much lesser 3.32%).

Wow, nice job ym. Sage it is. Thanks and good luck.

I have the same exact choice to make and was going to stick with Kitna but now all you guys are talking me into starting Sage. DAMMIT!!!

I know Kitna's been bad but I think he'll be good for close to 300 yards and 2-3 tds to go along with a pick or 2. Whereas, I think Sage will be more around 240-250 yards 1-2 tds and a pick. Now I'm all banged up!! :D

I'm starting Sage over Kitna in a Toilet Bowl just for kicks.

I'm also going against Sage in one of my real playoffs. :D My quarterback is Warner.

I dunno. I'd probably start Warner if I had him. I'm actually rather nervous about rolling with a QB on found in the trash two days ago.

I'm giddy with fear and excitement. But I believe.

I will say this much, this year with going to school full time, working full time and dealing with twin 2 year olds i haven't had much of a change to get into football. I completely let this site run my league. What i mean is I took the projections by the book. If a player is said to do X i picked them up and normally DMD was with in 20 yards and hit a nice 70% on the TD.

Several times this site told me to pick up a guy and stash him or player X player this week for the sneaky-gets and I did and won my game. I ended the season 10-3 with the second over all seed [1st round bye]. I have no regrets going by the projections tonight when my only choices were Kitna and Sage.

Denver is winning the time of possession contest, which sucks. But at least Rosenfels has over 100 total yards, 1 TD, and no turnovers in the first half of play. That's more or less on schedule for the 200+ yard, 2 TD performance I was hoping for.

Edited by yo mama

Denver is winning the time of possession contest, which sucks. But at least Rosenfels has over 100 total yards, 1 TD, and no turnovers in the first half of play. That's more or less on schedule for the 200+ yard, 2 TD performance I was hoping for.

The TOP is certainly killing Sage's opportunities. However, I'll also add that Sage had one or two really solid drives but then had like 2 completions out of like 10+ throws. Denver may be figuring things out and the 2nd half may be a bit rough. Let's hope not. :D

Edited by irish

The TOP is certainly killing Sage's opportunies. However, I'll also add that Sage had one or two really solid drives but then had like 2 completions out of like 10+ throws. Denver may be figuring things out and the 2nd half may be a bit rough. Let's hope not. :D

Houston's DEF isn't doing their offense many favors, either. They stand tough in the red zone, but aren't stopping much of anything in between the 20s.