[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario Williams

budlitebrad

I thought from day 1 that the Texans made the right choice.

I traded up to the 1.10 to get him in Dynasty Wars last year, thinking the exact same thing. He's been crucial to my team making it to (and through) the playoffs so far.

:D

Peace

policy

Reggie Bush = hurt; cannot carry load as featured RB. Still a special player, though. NOT what HOU needed.

Vince Young = being labeled a bust for his 2nd yr, but should be a good QB for years to come. Still, not what HOU wanted.

Mario Williams = exactly what HOU needed for the long haul.

Tired of hearing all the anti-MWilliams talks, even at local drafts this past year. 13 sacks on the season, and has become the Texan's all-time sack leader, after less than 2 seasons, even with one of those seasons playing injured! This is what HOU needed.

And how about that DEN/HOU game? HOU gets 5 sacks, and allows 0 sacks. That HOU OL is coming together, even with some 3rd stringers in there, huh? So, even though a lot of us around here believed HOU didn't do anything this past off-season towards their #1 issue, it appears all they needed was some time to gel.

Still not a force to be reckoned with yet in the AFC, but HOU is climbing!

I didn't. VY or Marcus McNeil would have been better imo. I thought O line is their greatest need. Suddenlty Mario is a media darling but I thought Ryans was a much better pick.

Edited by Randall

I didn't. VY or Marcus McNeil would have been better imo. Suddenlty Mario is a media darling but Ryans was a much better pick.

I don't think VY was the answer either. I think there are very few offenses that would allow VY to be successful ... and Houston is not one of them.

Would McNeil have been a better choice ... perhaps.

One thing is for sure ... Reggie Bush was NOT the right choice.

I don't think VY was the answer either. I think there are very few offenses that would allow VY to be successful ... and Houston is not one of them.

Would McNeil have been a better choice ... perhaps.

One thing is for sure ... Reggie Bush was NOT the right choice.

Then trade down, and do it cheaper. I didn't mind the pick but thought #1 was too high.

I thought they should have traded down as well ... I think they tried but nobody was really in the market for the number 1 pick.

I think that is because the chart says to get too much. Teams like SD and the Giants have given up too much and other teams are afraid. Ask for half what the chart says and I think more teams trade. I heard the Jets were interested but the price was too high.

I think that is because the chart says to get too much. Teams like SD and the Giants have given up too much and other teams are afraid. Ask for half what the chart says and I think more teams trade. I heard the Jets were interested but the price was too high.

:D

I think there probably was a little of both happening ... Houston wanting too much and teams not really interested in moving up to draft Bush.

I think you guys are leaving out an incredibly important item in the amount the signing bonus goes up as you move up even slightly at the top of the 1st round.

That's true. And the rumors still exist the reason they signed Mario was the contract. He agreed and Reggie didn't. We could see more of that in the future too.

I thought they should have taken D'Brick, but still preferred Mario over Reggie. I really like what the Texans are doing with their young defense. I think Dunta, Demeco, Mario, and Amobi is a great youg core that they can build around for the next few years and make a very solid defense.

Last year the media was busting all over them for not taking Bush,now they say they should have taken Young etc.

Next year it might be they should have taken someoene else,but for now it looks like Williams was a good choice.Maybe it wasnt the"best" choice but they went with what they thought was the smartest move and it has worked out.I give em credit for that :D